What did you learn today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Free haircuts being offered on 11/22/14. I just might take that offer.

So I got to wondering if Thanksgiving had ever fallen on 11/30, and turns out it almost did-- in 1939, but it never happened again:

http://askville.amazon.com/Thanksgiving-fallen-November-30th/AnswerViewer.do?requestId=5744612.

Interesting, that is. They say there is a 11/30 somewhere between 1863-1938, though. :P

Uh, oh. Botts you'll be the turkey next year. With 2016 being a leap year, I'll miss out on being a turkey. I'll just be indigestion, as I was when I was born. :lol:

Uh, oh. Botts you'll be the turkey next year. With 2016 being a leap year, I'll miss out on being a turkey. I'll just be indigestion, as I was when I was born. :lol:

My father said I ruined Thanksgiving by being born on that day...

I always hate the years when my birthday falls on that date.

I do too. Since our cake & presents were on the dining room table for our birthdays for at least a day it meant I had to take mine off early to set the table for Thanksgiving dinner. Plus I couldn't have my birthday dinner that day, though my mom would fix it on another day that week (the birthday person got their special dinner while everyone else had a "regular" dinner). I usually chose steak.

What has gotten into kids today? What a difference 25 years makes between then and now. Let's just say that there are things they do now I wouldn't have ever done then. :|

What has gotten into kids today? What a difference 25 years makes between then and now. Let's just say that there are things they do now I wouldn't have ever done then. :|

"Kids" were doing things in the 70's that I would have never done. I was a "kid" in the early 70's. Just because some kids are doing some things ...

"Kids" were doing things in the 70's that I would have never done. I was a "kid" in the early 70's. Just because some kids are doing some things ...

Yeah, but those things then and those things they do now are quite different. Some of what they are doing is resulting in felony criminal charges, but given what they're doing, and I'm guessing it's one of THOSE controversial topics I'd like to avoid posting about. I'll leave it at that.

Yeah, but those things then and those things they do now are quite different. Some of what they are doing is resulting in felony criminal charges, but given what they're doing, and I'm guessing it's one of THOSE controversial topics I'd like to avoid posting about. I'll leave it at that.
Then why bring it up? It's not fair to tease a topic then drop it.

Then why bring it up? It's not fair to tease a topic then drop it.

I guess you're right. Should've considered that beforehand, but I am trying to watch which topics to post about, because I do not want to post something that could make ADers uncomfortable, and this is exactly what that is.

I guess you're right. Should've considered that beforehand, but I am trying to watch which topics to post about, because I do not want to post something that could make ADers uncomfortable, and this is exactly what that is.

You should let people decide if a topic is too uncomfortable for them , they can just avoid the thread if they do not want to read.

You should let people decide if a topic is too uncomfortable for them , they can just avoid the thread if they do not want to read.
You can also give warnings in the thread title, if you're truly concerned about that.

it been a week about all the awful things that happen during ww1.6000 American troops died three hours after war declared ended 11 hour 11 day and month..they died bc some arsehole American general thought best to end war was in fighting..this general knew war had ended hours before and germans begging them to stop.i was amazed at this

I learned that if you have Comcast you can find out what is on TV on line. I was told by Comcast if you only have basis cable you can't their TV guide on your TV but it's right on line for free.

I went out to buy an avocado and ran into a guy from Florida and he was telling me that he was growing avocado trees in his house by using a grow light , he graft the trees but I was not able to take anymore info b/c I was checking out . It does sound rather far fetch growing avocado trees in the house , but it would be cool to have out here.

Last edited:
To never again do the following:

1. Never leave somewhere without making sure the bicycle tires are up to satisfactory shape.

2. Never assume that because I hadn't ridden my bicycle in 3 weeks that nothing will happen, because it will, as I learned the hard way.

To never again do the following:

1. Never leave somewhere without making sure the bicycle tires are up to satisfactory shape.

2. Never assume that because I hadn't ridden my bicycle in 3 weeks that nothing will happen, because it will, as I learned the hard way.

That makes me think you did not check tire pressure before starting out. I have known for many, many, years that cold weather can make tire pressure go down. The Midwest has certainly had quite a drop in temperature quickly.

That makes me think you did not check tire pressure before starting out. I have known for many, many, years that cold weather can make tire pressure go down. The Midwest has certainly had quite a drop in temperature quickly.

Actually I did, but forgot that they needed air. Thankfully, I was able to get them filled up before I blew out a tire. They should be fine now.

the rosetta project success cost of billions but I don't resent that the more spent on travel and communication the better world is...I just want to know why sodding train down yet again to London so far it taken 20 years to fix a 20 mile area and the delays horrific...
takes 10 years to get billions of miles away and 50quid for return trip London bc this happens every week train companies obliged pay your full train costs and over 20 years and rosetta maths speak for themselves...Also that train line got highest jumps rates in uk,i wonder why

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back