What did you do today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
went thru 3 keyboards before I found one that works! :P I tried to clean my old keyboard but it still wouldn't work after that.

Shel, your cabinet looks AWESOME! If I get a place of my own, I'm putting you in charge of design. :lol:

I dont know if you remember but I have mentioned in so many different threads that become an interior designer was my dream job.

I hope to get a job staging home that are for sale. I plan on taking some classes in that but first things first with my debt. :lol:

already a friend of mine just told me that she wants to hire me to paint her house. cool!

I dont know if you remember but I have mentioned in so many different threads that become an interior designer was my dream job.

I hope to get a job staging home that are for sale. I plan on taking some classes in that but first things first with my debt. :lol:

already a friend of mine just told me that she wants to hire me to paint her house. cool!

Hey have fun!

That was what I was thinking of...I would put one on a black table. Maybe not white lace but definitely one with some strong color.

However, on this built in cabinet, we tend to put our mail, keys, change and crap on it so a table runner would constantly fall off or be pushed around. :lol:

Yea, I can see a table runner looking good on it but we use this a LOT so it wouldnt be feasible.

Thanks Jiro for the idea!

use the rubber mat (or whatever it's called) underneath. Many stores sell it. I have bunch of it all over my apt and on my truck's trunk floor cuz my groceries and stuff move all over, scratching it up.

use the rubber mat (or whatever it's called) underneath. Many stores sell it. I have bunch of it all over my apt and on my truck's trunk floor cuz my groceries and stuff move all over, scratching it up.

But it would be in the way..that's the point. I dont need it. nah...

On a formal dining room table, sure! However, you know how small my house is so I cant fit in a formal dining room table.

:)

But it would be in the way..that's the point. I dont need it. nah...

On a formal dining room table, sure! However, you know how small my house is so I cant fit in a formal dining room table.

:)

formal dining table? that's what restaurant is for :lol:

Debt sucks. I have a friend that instead of redesigning homes for clients she reSTYLES them with things they already have on hand. She's had good success with it in this economy where people want a new look but can't afford a complete remodel or redesign of a room. What's even better is, she is also a indie label singer. Seriously. The woman has got some serious talent.

Took advantage of a price drop for a roomette in the first overnight train we'll be on come November.
I had originally booked coach from Washington to Chicago. Now we'll be in a roomette (with "free" meals) and can use the ClubAcela in Washington which should give us priority boarding.
Had already booked a roomette from Chicago to Provo (which gets us into the Metropolitan Lounge in Chicago - again, hopefully priority boarding).

Now just hoping that the bad year Amtrak is having will be over by November.

For anyone interested in train travel, here's a website that can give you an idea of rates. AmSnag

We have had a very, very lazy day. First off, no matter how tired I was, I could not, for the life of me, get to sleep. I started getting tired early in the day yesterday, but really drooping by 12:00am, so I went to bed. No such luck. By 3am I finally fell asleep, got up and 5 and have been up since. Can't think straight and have zero energy. I have tried going back to sleep, but can't. Too many things running in the head and too hot. So, I have washed my hair and have been reading a book. Finally turned the computer on just 15 minutes ago.

We have had a very, very lazy day. First off, no matter how tired I was, I could not, for the life of me, get to sleep. I started getting tired early in the day yesterday, but really drooping by 12:00am, so I went to bed. No such luck. By 3am I finally fell asleep, got up and 5 and have been up since. Can't think straight and have zero energy. I have tried going back to sleep, but can't. Too many things running in the head and too hot. So, I have washed my hair and have been reading a book. Finally turned the computer on just 15 minutes ago.

Oh gee. My mother has the exact problem. Sometimes, she take two melatonin pills that helped her to sleep all the way.

Nope... I did add for one of my skills..... ASL :)

I haven't thought of that one for my resume.

If it is on the resume and your paper is in the employee department, there is no way for them to understand it which they think that it is an error and reject it quickly before the interview. It's not about you. It's the employees in the department. They don't give a damn because they have collected so much resumes. Please do not take my advise. This is my opinion.

I made so many resumes where I used to work for a copy cat print shop. Most students were from UMass. They had the worse misspelling on their resume, and I had to look up the correct spelling manually plus their tech words before I type them on their paper. That really drove me nut. I was going to yell &$(#*@, but I get paid. Smile.

I haven't thought of that one for my resume.

If it is on the resume and your paper is in the employee department, there is no way for them to understand it which they think that it is an error and reject it quickly before the interview. It's not about you. It's the employees in the department. They don't give a damn because they have collected so much resumes. Please do not take my advise. This is my opinion.

I made so many resumes where I used to work for a copy cat print shop. Most students were from UMass. They had the worse misspelling on their resume, and I had to look up the correct spelling manually plus their tech words before I type them on their paper. That really drove me nut. I was going to yell &$(#*@, but I get paid. Smile.

I had my career counselor help me with mine. Mine looks as professional as possible. :) I made it and he is basically reading over it and touching it up for me.

Nope... I did add for one of my skills..... ASL :)

I did the same thing. I put a section on languages. ASL, English, Korean, KSL.

Only now I leave the Korean off because it's been too long and I can no longer converse comfortably.:hmm:

This morning, I ran errands...going to my dentist to pay off my remaining balance, looked for a portable DVD player for my son for the airplane ride and trip to Las Vegas in 5 different stores, set up a lunch account for my daughter, got my contacts, and then came home. Read my new book and took a nice afternoon nap.

Now, I am doing laundry and starting to get ready to pack up for our trip.

I think so might to guess bored I am tired bleeding my nosing again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back