What are you thinking about?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking I must Google tegu.

I just did and it's a lizard! I'm no fan of lizard! :cold:

Souggy - I demand explanation! when I googled "Colombian Tegu", why did the search shows lizard instead of ferret????

Souggy - I demand explanation! when I googled "Colombian Tegu", why did the search shows lizard instead of ferret????

I think it was his previous pet. I was grossed out too.

As a former deaf ferret owner, I am a major ferret fan, and can't imagine someone preferring the tegu. They are BIG!!! :shock:

Thinking about how sick I am of my busy evenings. I wish I can come home and relax but I always have at least 4 hours of chores, or do-do's at home. It is driving me nuts.

Because it is a tegu? A lizard from South America? American bastardization of the Spanish word "teju."

Better not check out the photo section of my blog. It got the old tegu and an old skink.

I think it was his previous pet. I was grossed out too.

As a former deaf ferret owner, I am a major ferret fan, and can't imagine someone preferring the tegu. They are BIG!!! :shock:

Yeah, an old pet of mine.

:laugh2:

Because they are the closest thing to a hypoallergic dog you can get. I am allergic to mammalian wastes, so... I am quite limited in what I can have. I love dogs, but I can't go near certain breeds because of their habits.

Same thing with cats... I love them, but I get wicked sinus infections from them. Lizards were the only thing I had, beside Shiba Inus, that doesn't flare up my allergies. Snakes, fishes, turtles, birds, rodents all flare up my allergies as well when it come to cleaning up after them.

As much I like my ferret, I don't like how paranoid I became about ferret-proofing and worrying about stolen items.

Because it is a tegu? A lizard from South America? American bastardization of the Spanish word "teju."

Better not check out the photo section of my blog. It got the old tegu and an old skink.

Yeah, an old pet of mine.

:laugh2:

Because they are the closest thing to a hypoallergic dog you can get. I am allergic to mammalian wastes, so... I am quite limited in what I can have. I love dogs, but I can't go near certain breeds because of their habits.

Same thing with cats... I love them, but I get wicked sinus infections from them. Lizards were the only thing I had, beside Shiba Inus, that doesn't flare up my allergies. Snakes, fishes, turtles, rodents all flare up my allergies as well when it come to cleaning up after them.

As much I like my ferret, I don't like how paranoid I became about ferret-proofing and worrying about stolen items.

ah-ha. I got confused. I thought you were referring your ferret as tegu. Just saw the pix of your ferret. COOL ONE, BRO!

I miss ferret

omg! the Taylors (Lautner & Swift) are going to share a kiss in upcoming 2010 movie Valentine's Day! xDxDxD They look so cute together!

Absolutes are modifiers that give definite polarizing quality or quantity as in: best, worst, everyone, no one, always, never and so on.

Hope that helps. :)

Oh, yes. That is the best example you could have given. Everyone is always going to agree with me.

Absolutes are modifiers that give definite polarizing quality or quantity as in: best, worst, everyone, no one, always, never and so on.

Hope that helps. :)

I am bad for exaggerating. :lol: I always use words like "a billion" when describing how many of something I have to do.

And sometimes I do use those words you are giving as examples. I don't think some of us realize how often we include everyone (accidentally) as a group even though not everyone is exactly in agreeance.

I am bad for exaggerating. :lol: I always use words like "a billion" when describing how many of something I have to do.

And sometimes I do use those words you are giving as examples. I don't think some of us realize how often we include everyone (accidentally) as a group even though not everyone is exactly in agreeance.

Exaggerating is one thing, absolutes are another thing-- not a good thing for perfectionists.

The most feared phrase of all perfectionists: "do your best."

And the most hated phrase is: "you did your best."

And.. nice botts! I laughed because it sounded so sarcastic and self-centred. You made me smile today. :)

Exaggerating is one thing, absolutes are another thing-- not a good thing for perfectionists.

The most feared phrase of all perfectionists: "do your best."

And the most hated phrase is: "you did your best."

Why is that?

Why is that?

Every perfectionists... sought out perfection! They hold themselves to the highest standards that no one can realistically meet, not even themselves.

"Do your best" means "do your job perfectly." "Just do it" means "get the job done."

"You did your best," when the perfectionist is self-aware of all their flaws... They view the compliment as a lie. "You tried" or "you did a good job" means that that what they did was satisfying.

Every perfectionists... sought out perfection! They hold themselves to the highest standards that no one can realistically meet, not even themselves.

"Do your best" means "do your job perfectly." "Just do it" means "get the job done."

"You did your best," when the perfectionist is self-aware of all their flaws... They view the compliment as a lie. "You tried" or "you did a good job" means that that what they did was satisfying.

Then they have a sincere complex issue.

People like that do have other issues.

Do your best,,, is just as perfect for me.

And.. nice botts! I laughed because it sounded so sarcastic and self-centred. You made me smile today. :)

I am happy. It is my ambition to make at least one person per day smile. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back