What are you thinking about? Part VIII

Is there a thick cover for couch and sofa chair for pets on internet? My dog is ruining my couch and sofa chair. He likes to dig.

You can find a range of couch/chair covers for use with dogs. I've ordered online from Foster's and Smith - online vet/pharmacy seller in Northern WI- I like their durable goods though I don't trust most of their edibles since they still will source from China. You can also get things through non-dog specific online places, there's quite a range, in my experience. The one that we ordered we still do have; we also ordered a van"bench seat" cover from them, I believe.

Is there a thick cover for couch and sofa chair for pets on internet? My dog is ruining my couch and sofa chair. He likes to dig.
What kind of dog do you have ? My dog like to dig at my new couch , so I got a queen size plush blanket to put over it. This helps a lot . I was told my dog is part terrier and they bred to dig out rodents , Marty would love to dig up the whole yard looking for chipmunks . He will dig at my rug too and I found this web site that said some dogs will do this . UHG ! I can't hear Marty digging at my rug all the time . :(

http://dogtime.com/dog-health/spay-neuter/18888-what-dog-breeds-do-the-most-digging

Last edited:
Many dogs love to dig - Terriers in particular were originally bred to be tough and determined to get at and kill other mammals underground, including animals like the very feisty badger. Today there are Earthdog trials available for all Terriers and the Dachshund to compete in what they were originally bred to do, because they often still love to do it. My youngest Rottie, who is VERY determined and prey-driven and would kill small rodents or rabbits if she could - likes to dig at the current holes we have in the yard from all the moles and ground squirrels we have. I've caught her with her whole head in a hole <she's little for a Rottie>. Some people put together an outdoor sandbox specifically for the dog to -THERE- as opposed to someone's garden, for example. They hide treats or toys in there they know the dog wants to get at, so it encourages the dog to use that space for digging as opposed to where they aren't supposed to. I know it doesn't help with digging at furniture or inside.

Hmm interesting. Aunt had a Silky Terrier but I don't recall him ever 'digging'. His love was eating anything in sight- including a sewing needle once and a purple flip flop. Only dog I've seen do the digging type behavior is a friend's dog, I can't remember right now what breed she is but she likes to fluff and dig at her bed- drags it into the living room, pounces fluffs digs until it's just right. Nightly ritual lol.

Oh, I should clarify - in both Earthdog and now Barnhunt trials <so far as I know> the prey animals used are -not- harmed. Barnhunt is a new sport developed from informal competitions originally at Earthdog events. Barnhunt <"get the rat"> is for any dog, any breed/mix and involves an initial "instinct" test to determine natural drive for the rat and then progressive levels of difficulty in finding and alerting to a rat in a plastic clear tube. The dog must navigate obstacles to get to the rat and the trials are timed. Usually held in a barn with hay bales <therefore, "Barnhunt">. I've considered just trying it with the competition Nosework dog <my youngest, referenced here>
My youngest likes to do the "fluffing" and nesting behaviors with the beanbag we got to temporarily eliminate the large sofa <prior to knee surgery for this dog>.
Oh- since now we onto dogs, Mods, if you want to move my posts, go ahead-

Many dogs love to dig - Terriers in particular were originally bred to be tough and determined to get at and kill other mammals underground, including animals like the very feisty badger. Today there are Earthdog trials available for all Terriers and the Dachshund to compete in what they were originally bred to do, because they often still love to do it. My youngest Rottie, who is VERY determined and prey-driven and would kill small rodents or rabbits if she could - likes to dig at the current holes we have in the yard from all the moles and ground squirrels we have. I've caught her with her whole head in a hole <she's little for a Rottie>. Some people put together an outdoor sandbox specifically for the dog to -THERE- as opposed to someone's garden, for example. They hide treats or toys in there they know the dog wants to get at, so it encourages the dog to use that space for digging as opposed to where they aren't supposed to. I know it doesn't help with digging at furniture or inside.
I didn't want a terrier b/c I knew they loved to dig , and it would had going after all mammal living underground at my condo . I was told Marty was part terrier after I got , at first I was told he was mini poodle mix . Marty is dying to go after the chipmunks and is always poking his nose into the small holes the chipmunks dugs all
over the yard . Marty came close to getting a chipmunk when it ran right in front of us. I know most dogs love to dig and some love to roll in the dirt if it
smell really pretty to them . Dogs have a totally difference idea of what smell pretty !

I was not aware that terriers were the only types of dogs to dig. I think every dog I have ever owned has dug at stuff. Anything that smells different or interesting is going to get ANY animal's attention. It would not be a reason for my choice of dog.

What kind of dog do you have ? My dog like to dig at my new couch , so I got a queen size plush blanket to put over it. This helps a lot . I was told my dog is part terrier and they bred to dig out rodents , Marty would love to dig up the whole yard looking for chipmunks . He will dig at my rug too and I found this web site that said some dogs will do this . UHG ! I can't hear Marty digging at my rug all the time . :(

http://dogtime.com/dog-health/spay-neuter/18888-what-dog-breeds-do-the-most-digging

My dog is miniature pinscher. His nails are long and sharp. Thin paws. Damages the couch easily. I think it is interesting that the article did not mention miniature pinschers. He does not dig at carpet. Thank goodness. My landlord probably will refuse to pay for carpet.

I have something very similar to that except that it has paw prints on it. I don't recall where I bought it (it was off a FB site) but they came in 3 sizes -- sofa, loveseat, and chair. I got the loveseat one. It was $20. These covers do a great job of keeping all the cat hair and furballs off that loveseat! :)
Is yours like this one? http://www.collectionsetc.com/product/paw-print-design-furniture-cover.aspx#
I am thinking about buying this one. Looks so cute!

Thinking I like the podiatrist I chose to go to today. He seems more interested in the patient than in making $$.

I've been feeling some off and on dull pain at the end of one or more toes but had some other issues to discuss with him. He's going to take care of the toe - it's been bruised and misshapen for a couple of years but never bothered to me till now. He thinks the nail is causing the pain and will take care of it in a couple of weeks. What he proposed will eliminate the problem for good he says.

The other problem is one I've had for several years. Never knew it had a name until I was researching the toe. It's bunched sock syndrome. It's caused by a nerve problem and makes it feel like a sock is bunched up under the foot. He says the "cure" is worse than the problem and since I find it just to be a nuisance I'll live with it.

You can find a range of couch/chair covers for use with dogs. I've ordered online from Foster's and Smith - online vet/pharmacy seller in Northern WI- I like their durable goods though I don't trust most of their edibles since they still will source from China. You can also get things through non-dog specific online places, there's quite a range, in my experience. The one that we ordered we still do have; we also ordered a van"bench seat" cover from them, I believe.

Thank you for telling me about Foster and Smith. Wow, they have so many stuff!

My dog is miniature pinscher. His nails are long and sharp. Thin paws. Damages the couch easily. I think it is interesting that the article did not mention miniature pinschers. He does not dig at carpet. Thank goodness. My landlord probably will refuse to pay for carpet.
Maybe his nails needs to be cut , if they're really long . My blanket is like this , it has reindeer and snowflakes on it . My daughter brought it for birthday present for me .
She know I like animals .:)

fleece-spa-blankets.jpg

I am thinking, these Horizon cheddar snack crackers are good and my dog loves them! Organic wheat & cheese

Maybe his nails needs to be cut , if they're really long . My blanket is like this , it has reindeer and snowflakes on it . My daughter brought it for birthday present for me .
She know I like animals .:)

fleece-spa-blankets.jpg
I love fleece throw blankets. I am wearing a fleece footed onesie. So comfy!

Back