What are you thinking about? Part VIII

Don't give me ideas! :giggle:

I can't annoy my buddy too much. He's been so good to me - taking notes during phone calls when I struggled hearing/understanding on the phone (with my CI, I'm hearing/understanding so much better). Helping me with other things. Plus that would annoy my other co-workers.

Our cubbies are long rectangles. The long sides and the side by the entrance are full size. The short side is, I think, less than a foot from the top of our desks. So, we have some privacy (as long as we block the short side with our monitors). Some of my co-workers are came from desks that were short on all by one side, so I think they're happy to have more privacy.

I put in an ADA request for over-the-ear headphones with USB connection to the PC that I hope will fit comfortably over my CI/HA. The current headset sits on the ear and causes discomfort. Was hard to find a headset w/mic that had a USB connection.
Hahaha. Yeah, we do some little pranks. They put monitor stands in our cubes too. They made the cubes so that you faced the corner and left clear line of site to the cubes directly touching the sides. They also have built in drawers on parts so you can't move to the side. Some groups lost cubes all together and got long tables along short cube walls. They really hated life.

My group is mostly independent from each other, we all do our own little thing and don't really work together on the same thing much. Recently we absorbed some people that talk on the phone a lot.

My insurance doesn't cover HA and I hate going to the VA hospital when I know others need stuff more than me, but not sure it'd help me much anyway. My loss is mostly upper range and more of the nuisance of misunderstanding words and sounds like people mumble. I hope the ADA comes through for you, I always worry about things in a "right to fire you" state. I'm a little surprised that more HA don't have bluetooth. Seems like it would be a low cost add to something so expensive. Maybe it's too much power drain or the size?

Hahaha. Yeah, we do some little pranks. They put monitor stands in our cubes too. They made the cubes so that you faced the corner and left clear line of site to the cubes directly touching the sides. They also have built in drawers on parts so you can't move to the side. Some groups lost cubes all together and got long tables along short cube walls. They really hated life.

My group is mostly independent from each other, we all do our own little thing and don't really work together on the same thing much. Recently we absorbed some people that talk on the phone a lot.

My insurance doesn't cover HA and I hate going to the VA hospital when I know others need stuff more than me, but not sure it'd help me much anyway. My loss is mostly upper range and more of the nuisance of misunderstanding words and sounds like people mumble. I hope the ADA comes through for you, I always worry about things in a "right to fire you" state. I'm a little surprised that more HA don't have bluetooth. Seems like it would be a low cost add to something so expensive. Maybe it's too much power drain or the size?
Yeah, bluetooth is a power drain. I currently have a set up using my neckloop - bluetooth dongle to my compilot - but it's been a pain lately getting it to work with MS Lync, which is how most of our staff meetings are done since we're all over the place (Ireland, NY, FL, DE). Since the had provided that for me last year, I wasn't going to ask for them to provide the headset, but did ask my boss if the headset would work with our system. He said, ask HR and gave me the link to the ADA form to submit. That was a few weeks ago, but our HR dept is slow as molasses, so am not surprised we haven't heard from them yet.

My current insurance has a great HA coverage. Too bad I don't need HAs now (current ones are only about 2 years old). We are trying to find out if my HA audiologist can get the AB Link (it's a Phonak HA specific for AB CI wearers) through my HA coverage since I chose a different "kit" for my CI package.

No. Read what I said.

I referred soft carpet as Shaw Caress, Smartstrand Silk and Stainmaster Trusoft.

For those above, just follow carpet manufacturer's instruction to take full warranty, also most traditional vacuums aren't designed to vacuum on soft carpet and stiff brush can ruin the carpet fiber.

Although, soft carpet is niche market, even rare as well so most customers don't have soft carpet, anyway, but many customers usually ignore to instruction until they filed the claim, or don't care about appearance at all.

Good to hear from someone that I haven't seen in awhile.

One of my elderly neighbors set himself on fire yesterday...good Lord!...he has been on Oxygen for several months with stage 4 COPD...and still smokes in bed while using the Oxygen....Not sure if it was intentional or not...(some say it was)....but that's a helluva way to go!...Is in the Trauma Unit now...face, hands and chest all burnt up....Waiting on the update of his condition....
His wife died a year ago and he lives alone....we neighbors do go by occasionally and ask what we can do for him, even bring him foods...and he loves my Doggie!....It's just that he smokes so much, I can't stay in his apartment very long before I start coughing....(so much smoke)....

One of my elderly neighbors set himself on fire yesterday...good Lord!...he has been on Oxygen for several months with stage 4 COPD...and still smokes in bed while using the Oxygen....Not sure if it was intentional or not...(some say it was)....but that's a helluva way to go!...Is in the Trauma Unit now...face, hands and chest all burnt up....Waiting on the update of his condition....
His wife died a year ago and he lives alone....we neighbors do go by occasionally and ask what we can do for him, even bring him foods...and he loves my Doggie!....It's just that he smokes so much, I can't stay in his apartment very long before I start coughing....(so much smoke)....
That's a very sad situation. :(

That's terrible, RR. I hope they're keeping him sedated to minimize pain.

Ouch RR... I guessed he was smoking with the O2 in bed before I finished reading your first sentence. I hope he is at least comfortable, as AC said- sedated.

Whoever will be taking care of his house if he passes will be in for a surprise with the bed... when my grandparents moved from their house of 40+ years to my aunt's (downsizing- house was too big for them), their children were clearing out the main bedroom. Once the bed was lifted up/out of the room, you could see the outline of the bed...and a ring around the bed...BLACKENED carpet- ashes accumulated over at least 20 years if not 40. My grandmother always smoked in bed- I'm amazed she never had an accident for one...and that my grandfather dealt with it so calmly. He really loved her...

Ouch RR... I guessed he was smoking with the O2 in bed before I finished reading your first sentence. I hope he is at least comfortable, as AC said- sedated.

Whoever will be taking care of his house if he passes will be in for a surprise with the bed... when my grandparents moved from their house of 40+ years to my aunt's (downsizing- house was too big for them), their children were clearing out the main bedroom. Once the bed was lifted up/out of the room, you could see the outline of the bed...and a ring around the bed...BLACKENED carpet- ashes accumulated over at least 20 years if not 40. My grandmother always smoked in bed- I'm amazed she never had an accident for one...and that my grandfather dealt with it so calmly. He really loved her...

DD...don't think anyone would be surprised at his bed (I've never seen it)...but he is a chronic chain-smoker...ash trays always full...He's really a nice old man....He's just tired of it all...can't work anymore, can't go outside as he can't breathe and needs help around his house....but refuses to go into Assisted Living...But after this happening...feel sure he will be required to do so.

Thinking it's scary to have a murder suspect who killed a woman in another town came in my neighborhood surrounded by SWAT team to negotiate a man to surrender. I had to take a detour around to get home and had to go through a barricade to show my ID to get to my house. Crazy night!

Thinking it's scary to have a murder suspect who killed a woman in another town came in my neighborhood surrounded by SWAT team to negotiate a man to surrender. I had to take a detour around to get home and had to go through a barricade to show my ID to get to my house. Crazy night!
Yikes!

Back