What are you thinking about? Part VIII

Ditto on LB's post... gotta love Judge Judy.. :)

giphy.gif

Yesterday I gave a lady some bucks for a couple Easter baskets for her two children. She is poverty-stricken, but I have a feeling it worked out today. Sort of can't wait to find out her children's reactions. Hmmm

How annoying the multiple links posted.

Last edited:
I'm excited to see April the giraffe's baby this summer. I live 30 minutes away from the zoo.

I'm not even gonna say what I'm thinking.

"be kind, be humble" while posting in colors that are not user friendly to DB people on this board. Oxymoron there.

Happy Easter.

I know that one of member who use color font is talking about me that where she placed me on ignore list for bogus reason, but it won't matter because she is going read mine anytime.

I will happily to copy and paste member's post whoever use color fonts, so replace with all black words, so please let me know if y'all request. :)

Bought kids some ice cream from an ice cream truck. Still overpriced, and they take credit cards now. My kids, BTW, nothing creepy...

Thinking about our office move tomorrow. Just moving down one floor, but the cubby arrangement will be a bit weird, at least in the beginning.

Thinking it's been a great day today, seeing several friends from high school. Had fun catching up things, heading back home tomorrow. I'll be back in the summer.

It's not so bad after all. One of the "walls" is a short one so I can see the guy on the other side. He's my "buddy", so that's not bad. We've been joking about what we're going to throw at each other . Our computer monitors provide a view block, so we're not looking at each other. I think the thing I'll need to get used to is hearing him talking on the phone. Of course, I can just mute my HA/CI and ignore him if it bothers me.

The bad news - they did not let us bring our chairs with us. We love these chairs. Supposedly they're working on getting us the same chairs. I hope so.

I was shocked when I saw a video of people experimenting cochlear implant on cats. The experiment was not successful. Cats were tortured and died. PETA stopped this in 2012.

It's not so bad after all. One of the "walls" is a short one so I can see the guy on the other side. He's my "buddy", so that's not bad. We've been joking about what we're going to throw at each other . Our computer monitors provide a view block, so we're not looking at each other. I think the thing I'll need to get used to is hearing him talking on the phone. Of course, I can just mute my HA/CI and ignore him if it bothers me.

The bad news - they did not let us bring our chairs with us. We love these chairs. Supposedly they're working on getting us the same chairs. I hope so.
Yeah, they hid the change of our cubes from tall to short. Then we had to search for our chairs, and I was moved. The even funnier part was that they got us all one wall with a whiteboard on it. It has a divider on it that spikes it probably around 70-30% pieces. And they put the 30% piece at the top, so basically you can't write on a good sized part of the board. I asked if they could turn mine around, but then it wouldn't match, and they wouldn't fix all of them. Loss of privacy was probably the biggest complaint from coworkers and noise. It added a lot of noise, so that was another challenge. Phones are worse for me, and knowing when someone wants to talk to me is harder. I just assume it's background noise until I notice someone lurking or waving now. They cranked up the white noise generators, too. They are in my dead zone, but one guy sits near one of them and hates it. He wears headphones most of the time now. There have been a lot of layoffs, so noise is down, and we notice more when people are gone.

You should get an annoy-a-tron "for" your buddy. They make noises randomly, looks like they've made some louder ones, but the subtle ones you may not hear. http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/ihvg/

You should get an annoy-a-tron "for" your buddy. They make noises randomly, looks like they've made some louder ones, but the subtle ones you may not hear. http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/ihvg/

Don't give me ideas! :giggle:

I can't annoy my buddy too much. He's been so good to me - taking notes during phone calls when I struggled hearing/understanding on the phone (with my CI, I'm hearing/understanding so much better). Helping me with other things. Plus that would annoy my other co-workers.

Our cubbies are long rectangles. The long sides and the side by the entrance are full size. The short side is, I think, less than a foot from the top of our desks. So, we have some privacy (as long as we block the short side with our monitors). Some of my co-workers are came from desks that were short on all by one side, so I think they're happy to have more privacy.

I put in an ADA request for over-the-ear headphones with USB connection to the PC that I hope will fit comfortably over my CI/HA. The current headset sits on the ear and causes discomfort. Was hard to find a headset w/mic that had a USB connection.

It is impossible to keep floors clean in this house when I have 3 cats and 2 dogs. Just vacuumed last night and there's FUR everywhere again this morning :lol:

It is impossible to keep floors clean in this house when I have 3 cats and 2 dogs. Just vacuumed last night and there's FUR everywhere again this morning :lol:
Which is why I don't bother with regular cleaning. And I only have one cat.

Back