What are you thinking about? Part VIII

I'm thinking about all the death and destruction that happens when people drink and drive. Please folks, don't do it. :(

I grew too fast and got tall so my parents had to put queen bed in my bedroom, so they thought that I will go 6'4" but actually I'm 5'11" so shoe put me 6'.
When my grandsons got taller they got extended length twin beds.

LOL...and you're still married!...Guessing too...if young couples only had a twin bed for the firt year or so...they would still be married...LOL
Ha, ha, we weren't that close. We had a full bed, not a twin bed. It's in-between twin and queen sizes. :)

When I lived in military barracks all we had were twin beds.

When TCS was on ships, all he had were bunks, regardless of the person's size. At times he preferred sleeping on his ship's office's deck (floor) between file cabinets because it was more comfortable. :lol:

Then there was hot bunking on some ships.... :ugh:

Ha, ha, we weren't that close. We had a full bed, not a twin bed. It's in-between twin and queen sizes. :)

A bit off topic but you left out at least a size. They are not at all common any more but they do exist and that is what is now known as the 3/4 or three quarter width bed.

In Googling for the different sizes it came up with quite a list. Here is one site that lists US sizes among others http://www.sizechart.com/home/bed-size/us/index.html

An antique can really vary. I was given one that was brought over from Germany in the1800s and the springs & mattress measured 48" wide by about 5'6" long. I had a special order 48" X 75" box spring and mattress set made that I am using with the new rails that I also had made.

Someone seems to be a stickler for numbers.

Twin (bigger than a cot or couch)
Full - bigger than a twin, smaller than a queen
Queen - bigger than a full, smaller than a king
King - bigger than a queen, same size as two twins side-by-side, smaller (lengthwise) than a California King.

A bit off topic but you left out at least a size. They are not at all common any more but they do exist and that is what is now known as the 3/4 or three quarter width bed.

In Googling for the different sizes it came up with quite a list. Here is one site that lists US sizes among others http://www.sizechart.com/home/bed-size/us/index.html

An antique can really vary. I was given one that was brought over from Germany in the1800s and the springs & mattress measured 48" wide by about 5'6" long. I had a special order 48" X 75" box spring and mattress set made that I am using with the new rails that I also had made.
According to matressfirm.com, for quick reference, the most standard sizes are:

MATTRESS SIZES
  • TWIN - 39" x 75" Twin mattresses can accommodate one child or one adult sleeper although the length of the mattress might be too short for an adult. ...
  • TWIN XL - 39" x 80" ...
  • FULL - 54" x 75" ...
  • QUEEN - 60" x 80" ...
  • KING - 76" x 80" ...
  • CALIFORNIA KING - 72" x 84"

We had a standard full, non-antique mattress and bed, for those who care.

A US Navy ship's bunk is comparable to a standard twin mattress, only about 4-inches thick.

I have queen bed. I had twin bed until I was 21 years old then full sized bed until 30 years old.

d5dfcc6463615db59be953e1325f0561.gif

Ever thought about a bus that could jump like Dukes of Hazzard? :lol:

tenor.gif

That was a scene from the movie 'Speed' ;)

Bed discussion is pretty funny. I used to have an airbed for a while and it was so comfortable. My grandparents owned a one bedroom house that attached to the general store. They had no extra rooms for me and my siblings to sleep, so they set up cots in the aisles of the general store. I missed that. lol.

I have a great folding cot. These things have come a long ways, lots of lengths and widths, and qualities.
When you are down to a folding cot it is a kind of acceptance thing, doing something different now and there ain't no doubt about it... boom shookah doowah day :lol::lol:

I'm thinking about all the death and destruction that happens when people drink and drive. Please folks, don't do it. :(

Ever thought about a bus that could jump like Dukes of Hazzard? :lol:

That was a scene from the movie 'Speed' ;)

Wow, I just read this news;

Horrifying moment British mother, 32, who was three times over the limit after swigging vodka at the wheel with her toddler in the back hit a roundabout launching her Nissan Qashqai 14 feet into the air before landing upside down

Thinking about the "doctor" that was drug off the United Airlines Plane....say what?...He was a paying passenger. then the airlines started digging up "dirt" on the doctor...saying he had been convicted of selling sex for drugs and had a ugly past...Bet 90% of those passengers, even some of the Pilots have had a "past" too...
Seems to be they should have offered some of the passengers $$...and that would have solved the problem of their so-called "over-booking"....All in all, hope that "doctor" sues the Airline...this was uncalled for.

Back