What are you thinking about? Part VIII

I am thinking about going to Red Lobster for dinner tonight. I might get snow crab legs.

I got a box of their biscuit mix. I've not made it yet, though. It's a big box so you can make it many times.

Bad timing. About 15 mins after I get dressed nice for a dinner I'm going to later my cat throws up. Not that cleaning it up will get me dirty, but just thought "why didn't you do that while I was in my lounge clothes". :p

I used Windows Defender for 2 years now on Windows 10 without any issues, even I went to hacking websites numerous times and they are infamous for malaware, so Windows Defender detected and cleaned it up quickly, so I never need to reformat and reinstall the Windows for several years now. I started to use Windows Defender when I was on Windows 8.

Windows XP is obviously infamous OS for malware and I had to reformat and reinstall many times, along with installation decay.

Is Windows Defender enough to protect the computer?

Yes, also all antivirus programs aren't 100% foolproof.

You have to keep Windows 10 updated regularly, especially security update and just leave on automatically, so they will update on own.

Turn filter or safe browser on for Chrome and web browsers, that's deferrant before malware could be downloaded to OS, also Windows Defender has real-time protection on so they will go after malware and kill or quarantine instantly.

My grandma had malware attack on Windows 10 because her Norton antivirus wasn't updated at all and it was 32 bit (more security risk than 64 bit). I had to clean up her computer and used Malwarebytes to kill all malware and uninstalled Norton, so let Windows Defender running and she has no problem with it after I fixed it.

Malwarebytes is good software to kill malware for emergencies only and I have one on my USB flash.

Windows Defender is friendly to PC gamers and don't compromise the performance. I used to have Bitdefender on Windows 7 after older MS Security Essentials were compromised and MS stopped updating anymore, so Bitdefender killed my PC and crashed in games frequently so I had to uninstalled and left unprotected until I upgraded to Windows 10.

Yes, also all antivirus programs aren't 100% foolproof.

You have to keep Windows 10 updated regularly, especially security update and just leave on automatically, so they will update on own.

Turn filter or safe browser on for Chrome and web browsers, that's deferrant before malware could be downloaded to OS, also Windows Defender has real-time protection on so they will go after malware and kill or quarantine instantly.

My grandma had malware attack on Windows 10 because her Norton antivirus wasn't updated at all and it was 32 bit (more security risk than 64 bit). I had to clean up her computer and used Malwarebytes to kill all malware and uninstalled Norton, so let Windows Defender running and she has no problem with it after I fixed it.

Malwarebytes is good software to kill malware for emergencies only and I have one on my USB flash.

Windows Defender is friendly to PC gamers and don't compromise the performance. I used to have Bitdefender on Windows 7 after older MS Security Essentials were compromised and MS stopped updating anymore, so Bitdefender killed my PC and crashed in games frequently so I had to uninstalled and left unprotected until I upgraded to Windows 10.
I will keep Windows 10 updated regularly. I do not see "filter" anywhere on Microsoft Edge browser. I hope that it is included. I will scan with Windows Defender every few days. Why is Malwarebytes on your USB flash, not on your computer? I am thinking about downloading Malwarebytes on my computer. Is it a scanner like Windows Defender? How much did it cost you to upgrade to Windows 10?

How someone keeps saying PM is a safe zone and tells people to take it to PM, but she never seems to use it.

I will keep Windows 10 updated regularly. I do not see "filter" anywhere on Microsoft Edge browser. I hope that it is included. I will scan with Windows Defender every few days. Why is Malwarebytes on your USB flash, not on your computer? I am thinking about downloading Malwarebytes on my computer. Is it a scanner like Windows Defender? How much did it cost you to upgrade to Windows 10?

In first setup, you are asked to enable or disable the smartscreen filter, it is already enabled on default if you don't make any change.

Nah, you don't need to do scan on Windows Defender if you leave real-time protection enabled.

Speaking about Malwarebytes, there is big question for you - if malware is attacking the PC and you can't access to hard drive, so that why Malwarebytes is often installed on backup storage.

Nah, you don't need to download Malwarebytes if you are causal browser like DD said and don't worry about it.

It was free for me to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10, but it is already expired after 1 year, also I paid full license for my new PC build.

Been renting this house for 10 years and move out next month. Many mixed feelings over raising kids here and getting divorced. It's really kind of big for just me most of the time. A young couple came to look at it yesterday, and they are so excited at finding it. Evidently housing is tough here lately. A lot of mixed feelings about leaving. One of the bedroom closets is decorated with quotes from my oldest's friends.

I am obsessed with Lindt Lindor Chocolate. I ate about 20 of them since last night.

In first setup, you are asked to enable or disable the smartscreen filter, it is already enabled on default if you don't make any change.

Nah, you don't need to do scan on Windows Defender if you leave real-time protection enabled.

Speaking about Malwarebytes, there is big question for you - if malware is attacking the PC and you can't access to hard drive, so that why Malwarebytes is often installed on backup storage.

Nah, you don't need to download Malwarebytes if you are causal browser like DD said and don't worry about it.

It was free for me to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10, but it is already expired after 1 year, also I paid full license for my new PC build.
I asked Cortana search for Smartscreen filter. It came up. The program said everything is enabled. so I guess I am all set.

Back