What are you thinking about Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shel, so sorry you're having such a difficult week. So sad about your dog.

Shel- so sorry :( :hug:.

The past month has been full of news with human death and many friends of mine losing their pets :(

Thank you everyone. Xoxo

I am thinking about how glad I am this week is over. i pissed everyone off without trying too :(

I am thinking I might like to buy a straw summer bowler hat that has ears...

Sorry to hear that Shel90 :(

I came home yesterday and found her extremely ill. She couldn't walk and her paws were in reverse while she was trying to stand up. She was breathing so rapidly. Sat with her at home for 2 hours until my roommate and her kids came home because I couldn't lift her up due to her growling at me. Wasn't like her at all. She would let my roommates son pick her up so we took her to the vet. Discovered that her immune system starting attacking her body all of sudden and her red blood cell count went down to 13 % putting her in a crisis mode. The vet said she needed to go to the ER and get blood transfusions but she was so beyond help that the chances of her surviving were slim so I made the hardest decision and had her put to sleep because she was suffering and in so much pain. My roommate, 3 kids and I said our goodbyes and my roommate's son and I stayed with her to the end. It was horrible. My husband was stuck on the train so he didn't get to say goodbye so he feels really horrible about it.

My daughter was the one who picked her and my roommate's son called her and told her. She was so sick about not being there with us.

She was only 7 years old so it was all so sudden because 2 days ago, she was fine.

Still really having a rough time of it today. House feels so f**** empty without her.

I just feel bad for my roommate's 16 year old son because my dog slept with him every night and he just went through a horrifying loss two weeks ago with his good friend from school dying in a fire just like Chicagoblue did.

Depressing to think about all of this.

:hug:

I am sorry hear about your dog and a friend's son . :(

:(:hug: Shel, I'm so sorry..sad with you!
Too much sadness now....

Yes, AC :wave: sorry I missed your post about our similar weather - yeah. think we're both Midwest-

We have a wedding to go to July 4th in Washington DC. Absolutely love DC, but that is a big holiday weekend there with tons of people. Would love to have an extended stay and revisit all the sites. Just wish it was on any other weekend. And OMG trying to get my husbands family to do anything on schedule is a friggin miracle. Plus the bride chose a wedding location that is a two hour drive for everyone from where we are staying.

That is a lot of traveling........trying to decide if I'm being a huge party pooper over this?

Has anyone been to the DC 4th of July celebration?

July 4th seem like an odd day for a wedding , are kids allowed to go too? This a holiday families like to spend together so I wonder what the bride was thinking .

July 4th seem like an odd day for a wedding , are kids allowed to go too? This a holiday families like to spend together so I wonder what the bride was thinking .

I'm not sure how much thought went into setting the date.

I'm not sure how much thought went into setting the date.

My niece had her wedding on Mother Day and no kids where allowed , people were not happy about that. My niece was getting a lot of calls and emails about this. I thought that was an odd day to have a wedding .

I don't think too much thought went to having wedding on July 4th , everyone one I know like to cookouts with their family and friends and kids .

My niece had her wedding on Mother Day and no kids where allowed , people were not happy about that. My niece was getting a lot of calls and emails about this. I thought that was an odd day to have a wedding .

I don't think too much thought went to having wedding on July 4th , everyone one I know like to cookouts with their family and friends and kids .

It does not matter what holiday the bride and the groom decide to make wedding plans if they want to go through the route to the altar.

If they decide not to have children come to the wedding. Sometime it is hard to find babysitters for the children to stay home or a playroom at the church while the parents attend the wedding. Beside they don't want to disrupt the wedding, but I feel that children can be invited to the reception which would be great for the family and friends to enjoy their marriage and have fun. :hmm:

Personally, I always thought Mother's Day should be a day away from the kids. We have them around all the other days of the year. Seems like Mother's Day is for the kids, not the mother.

One of our cats loves to snooze near the front of our fireplace. We have a blanket there that is shaped as a dog bone, and it's there for her to have a soft place to sleep on. However, she will sit anywhere BUT that blanket. :lol:

I know that Mark posted a lot here because he never used Facebook. I do use Facebook quite often. I know that I've not posted that often here, but I should. This is such a great group!!!

One of our cats loves to snooze near the front of our fireplace. We have a blanket there that is shaped as a dog bone, and it's there for her to have a soft place to sleep on. However, she will sit anywhere BUT that blanket. :lol:

I love it when cats are fondly of sleeping on the blanket or snow pants to sit on. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back