What are you thinking about? Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soon to be leaving to pick up my oldest son...long drive over there....was hoping he and his g/f could work out their problems...but it seems the opposite. She's a nice girl and I really liked her....Lots of stuff to pick up!....Guessing too...my house is gonna be sort of like a "Heartbreak Hotel"..and "Call Me...Maybe?"......:giggle:..

Well love has it's risks. Glad you are there for him that he can come home to. I wasn't able to come home once I left the nest. My room had been occupied by another member of the family. Instead I camped out in the living room for a few days while I quickly looked for another apartment. Luckily that was only a week I think.

Time to book my outbound trains. Got my points today. Yay!

I'm thinking I just love getting new tools ... got a new 1 1/8 inch wrench and shined that baby up before and after I used it :D

Someone needs a cute cuddly Lion fish.
I had one, expensive, but really cool looking.

I'm trying to decide whether app called Glide is better than Skype. Would anyone want to try using Glide or Skype to talk to me and learn more ASL?

Captain Obvious strikes again
Homer_simpsonwoohooo.gif

Saavik.....I am truly sorry you are having such a difficult time. I think what others are saying is if you feel down and depressed which leads to isolation, then you are not going to be around people who could actually help you. The more people you get to know the better chance you have at finding a job etc.

There are many of us here on AD that are dealing with some serious medical issues. We occaionally come to AD and vent but find out other members just don't like it. So I/we try the positive attitude and it does help. Instead of waking up and feeling all depressed, make a plan to try one positive thing each and every day

Last edited:
Thinking on if I should hire someone to rebuild my front porch or try it ourselves.

If you have the manpower and skills, its a fun and cheaper alternative.

Yea...Iam just worried about the part of holding the roof up while we replace the posts. The railings and steps should be easy to do. My front porch is starting to fall apart.

Yea...Iam just worried about the part of holding the roof up while we replace the posts. The railings and steps should be easy to do. My front porch is starting to fall apart.

I've seen them do that on "this old house" he used a 2 by 4 and a jack to hold roof up..

Working with wood is fun. It's enjoyable and rewarding to see your own handiwork.

I'm thinking about how I used to be afraid cats would eventually take over the forum......but no. It seems it has been taken over by something, but nothing so smart and cute as cats.

2x6 or 2x12 depending on weight of roof, a 2x4 will snap.

See that's probably why we need to hire someone who is an expert. We wouldn't have known that. Working with a roof can be dangerous if one doesn't know what he or she is doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back