What are you thinking about? Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking about how much of an arm and leg it is gonna cost me to hire professionals to chop down my two dead trees. I learned that if they fall and do some damage, insurance wont cover the damage. WTF? I didn't know that! No more putting it off...time to get rid of them asap!

wow...
i did all the trees by myself...but yep if BIG, get the Pros to do it... arborists arent cheap...but like...i figured for myself (I did have them to do the stump grinding on the last 3 stumps which was too close to the fenceline to take it out....even the Grinding is shocking expensive...so...
yeah good idea do it now. now...if the trees are huge, or something...instead taking roots out as you might run risk of banging up pipes under ground, get it grinded down...to mulchand you can bury it..even replant with another , but smaller species...just do the homework before putting plants in , check for max hieght, wieght, some plants can be trained if grown in pots..check that too...
just sharing some of my knowledge and experience even if its not much...
good luck!
as i know trees are a real PITA if not dealt with properly...

i sitting here looking at patio and silver snail trails they start in middle go around in circles and stop,you know bird not eaten them and nowhere for them to hide...so where did they start and end..mystery

What kind of trees?

You could ask these same companies you are calling to chop your trees to ask if THEY want the wood. That can make a difference.

My parents had over 100+ pine trees chopped because there were too many. The tree chopping companies start salivating over the idea of getting the wood for free because they can turn it around for resale. Pine, oak, etc. are in good demand. My parents actually got PAID for having a company chop their trees, rather than they pay a company to do the work.

One is a pine tree and the other is an oak tree. We got the pine chopped down. I was too paranoid to leave it and risk it falling on my neighbor's house and then insurance not covering the damages. The oak tree will be cut down later. I can inquire about the wood.

Last edited by a moderator:
wow...
i did all the trees by myself...but yep if BIG, get the Pros to do it... arborists arent cheap...but like...i figured for myself (I did have them to do the stump grinding on the last 3 stumps which was too close to the fenceline to take it out....even the Grinding is shocking expensive...so...
yeah good idea do it now. now...if the trees are huge, or something...instead taking roots out as you might run risk of banging up pipes under ground, get it grinded down...to mulchand you can bury it..even replant with another , but smaller species...just do the homework before putting plants in , check for max hieght, wieght, some plants can be trained if grown in pots..check that too...
just sharing some of my knowledge and experience even if its not much...
good luck!
as i know trees are a real PITA if not dealt with properly...

we left the stump. I will get someone to come and do a stump removal in Fall. That costs more money. I spent $600 just to get rid of the pine tree but better $600 than a potential $50,000 in damages out of our pocket.

Even with our vision coverage our new glasses still cost a fortune. Waiting for them to be ready and hoping they are made right. Last eye doctor I went to the prescription was wrong. I wore them for two weeks, trying to get use to them. Finally had to return them. So, I am keeping my fingers crossed that the new ones will work out ok.

Her eyes didn't change much. But I had to pay extra for the contact lens exam/practice. She had to put them in and take them out twice on her own before we could leave, so it tied up an assistant for a while plus she got a few daily ones to take home so they can check her out again to make sure her eyes look OK.

Her glasses broke in half, and her friend happened to have some Zebra Stripe Duct Tape. She wrapped it around the middle, nerd style.:laugh2: Because my insurance company is slow to pay out, she won't have new glasses for 2 weeks.

Thinking about how much of an arm and leg it is gonna cost me to hire professionals to chop down my two dead trees. I learned that if they fall and do some damage, insurance wont cover the damage. WTF? I didn't know that! No more putting it off...time to get rid of them asap!

I'm lucky; I've got a friendly neighbor with tractors! He saw me sweating it out digging up stumps from bushes and came over and we pulled them out real fast. I didn't get to drive this time, though.

an idiot near me growing leylandi and eucalyptus they full height and affecting water table in our area...selfish people.....so some neighbours got together and knocked copper nails into trunks and spray spirit of salts on them it no worked but for some trees it do

You been drinkin' again?? :lol:

:laugh2::laugh2:

And using what's left of his brain! :P

There's a tear in my beer cause I'm crying for you dear .... youuuu are on my lonely mind ....

*HICCUP*
drunk.gif

Her eyes didn't change much. But I had to pay extra for the contact lens exam/practice. She had to put them in and take them out twice on her own before we could leave, so it tied up an assistant for a while plus she got a few daily ones to take home so they can check her out again to make sure her eyes look OK.

Her glasses broke in half, and her friend happened to have some Zebra Stripe Duct Tape. She wrapped it around the middle, nerd style.:laugh2: Because my insurance company is slow to pay out, she won't have new glasses for 2 weeks.

Depends on where you go ... last time I had a contact exam it was a flat rate ... and they give you 2 scripts, 1 for contacts and 1 for eyeglasses ... plus that flat rate includes a return visit to follow up on it if its the first time using contacts ... I went to Lenscrafters.

Thinking about my younger sister ... she has disapeared and no one knows where she is and cant contact her anyway.... shes been gone since july 4th :(

Why do medical problems crop up in the middle of the night.
My 19 yr old daughter woke with a bad earache around midnight. Took some pain killers then came to me around 2:15 still in pain. After about 30 mins she was crying so we came to the ER and here we sit almost 2 hours after getting here.
Her ear also porforated while she's waiting to be seen by the dr.
At least she's get treated a lot faster than if we had waited to get her in to see her ENT, though it will be more expensive than an office visit.

My 19 yr old daughter woke with a bad earache around midnight. Took some pain killers then came to me around 2:15 still in pain. After about 30 mins she was crying so we came to the ER and here we sit almost 2 hours after getting here.
At least she's get treated a lot faster than if we had waited to get her in to see her ENT, though it will be more expensive than an office visit.

Hope everything works out ok!

Hope everything works out ok!

Thanks.

We're still waiting for her to be seen by a dr. It's been 3 hours now. And the walk in side of the ER is not even crowded.
At this rate, we may end up going over to the Urgent Care place across the street.

Thinking about my younger sister ... she has disapeared and no one knows where she is and cant contact her anyway.... shes been gone since july 4th :(

Gosh, I do hope she's alright. How old is she?

Oh no...I hope she is ok!

My husband and I are thinking about buying a party barge in a few years. Would love to float and relax on it on the Chesapeake Bay. :)

I'm thinking it would be more fun if people shared news around USA and around the world. Ones that people don't know much about. Everyone knows of Boston bombers and 19 firefighters. It would be nice to get much, much less known news publicized in a good way.

My husband and I are thinking about buying a party barge in a few years. Would love to float and relax on it on the Chesapeake Bay. :)

You mean a pontoon?

We are planning on getting one ourselves. Of course, my hubby wants one that is all decked-out, but man, that is going to cost a fortune if he gets his way :lol:

(But one of the things he wants on it is the enclosed shower/toilet, and I actually agree with that one. That way we can be out ALL day and not have to go back to shore and use an outhouse :lol: )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back