What are you thinking about? Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.
The rain has been pouring down all day...my flower garden is flooded and need to get out there to pour the water off some of the planters and bring them in or they're gonna drown for sure....

The River is looking very "grey" and very "high"....Got my fingers crossed it doesn't overflow....The wind is picking up also. Keeping an eye on the News....Just opened my patio door, and it's very breezy and cool out there.

thinking this weekend will be busy... My mom is babysitting my 2 young cousins from out of town (her nieces) while their parents go back to Nebraska to get the rest of their junk out of storage. Shall be....... fun I guess? I told mom I'd help her keep the girls busy, they can be more than a handful at times and stepdad's going to be out of town until Saturday night so... yeah. I don't mind though.

Thinking of my vacation next week :D

Thinking of argument I got into with supervisor-ugh work making me buy device for phone cause they won't help,all devices I've bought wont work from dr,wishing I had a job where I didn't have to talk to ppl at all,hate my work they train everyone but me( been there 1 yr ppl who've been there 3 weeks trained on more than me then give me errors cause I'm not psychic) I snapped and told the lady I know why there doing what there doing ( hmm suddenly she got fake nice) I wanted to talk to sup who looks at me and she wouldn't let me( I don't understand her blah blah) phew pretty heavy lol :hmm:

Our electricity went out for about an hour due to the storm....lots of candles everywhere now...cut off the AC and opened the patio door, getting some really strong breezes and wind from the river....About another foot and the dock will be engulfed in water. So far, it hasn't overflowed the river bank...and it's too windy to get out there....The rain comes in spurts now...was able to pour out some water in a lot of my plants...some people are still stranded on the roads trying to get home from work.....Heard on the news that the storm has been downgraded to a Depression....but we will be receiving more rain & wind all week.

I can not believe parts of Florida got 30" of rain with this storm. RR I sure hope that river does not overflow, you live right next to it right? OMG what would you do? Has it overflowed before? Is this a normal tropical storm with that much rain? It is hard to imagine that much rain, in a short period of time. I am thinking of all of you in Florida and pray relief is coming soon.

I can not believe parts of Florida got 30" of rain with this storm. RR I sure hope that river does not overflow, you live right next to it right? OMG what would you do? Has it overflowed before? Is this a normal tropical storm with that much rain? It is hard to imagine that much rain, in a short period of time. I am thinking of all of you in Florida and pray relief is coming soon.

The river is 10-15 steps from my patio....have a high enbankment tho'....we're having a lot of heavy winds now...and just smattering of hard rain here and there. To my knowledge, the river has never overflowed here...but the dock, has been engulfed in water before....There's a lot of serious flooding in other areas of Jacksonville (watched the news)....Staying home and off the roads...and of course, if we get flooded out, we will go to a motel, but believe that we will be alright for right now., since the rain is now moving towards St. Johns County (St. Augustine), and the Beaches....

I've spent the last 3 weeks working on a compliance complaint on behalf of my son against our school district. There has been so much shadiness on the part of the district it's not even funny.

I submitted the complaint yesterday, and now we just have to wait 60 days (or less hopefully) for them to be found out of compliance and be ordered to provide compensatory education and corrective action.

While I know that this will help, I don't know if it will solve all of the problems. I just hope that the situation doesn't have to go to Due Process- but there is a good chance that it will.

Ugh.

Tonight is the last night of our ASL classes. :( We are having a potluck party. :) Now we will have to practice on our own until the next series of classes. My husband (hearing) and I were talking about trying to use signs for whatever we know while we are talking to each other, and practice with the flash cards I made, too, at least a few times a week. It will be harder without going to the classes twice a week, though. We need to work on changing our habits of communication to include signing to each other. And look up words we don't know to learn more. :hmm:

wishing the fires in Colorado and some areas of Wyoming would die down... too much fire going on.

Wirelessly posted

Thinking about all the flooding we have. Wish I could send some of that water to Colorado.

I am thinking how awesome it is that the San Francisco Giants just swept the Los Angeles Dodgers. I believe this is the first time!!! Tied for 1st place now in their division.

Wish my day at work would just hurry up and end it for once and all.... :|

Tsk.

Thinking that today was a gorgeous day. Mt. Rainier looked absolutely gorgeous basking in the sun.

Tsk.

Thinking that today was a gorgeous day. Mt. Rainier looked absolutely gorgeous basking in the sun.

I surely hope you didn't wasted today on AD :cool2:

I am thinking how awesome it is that the San Francisco Giants just swept the Los Angeles Dodgers. I believe this is the first time!!! Tied for 1st place now in their division.

What Giants did to Dodgers was impressive..I believe it's the first time in rivalry history that Giants shut out Dodgers all 3 games in a 3 game series. Lincecum made a great play at the home plate. :rockon:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back