What are you thinking about? Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.
No you do not need to take part in deaf culture but you should be aware of where you are in here because this is a Deaf Community so feel free to find a site to your liking that deals with only deafness along with hearing value in mind. I fail to understand why would some argumentative people continue to come here. It would be logical to just leave and make their own forum and their own rules or find one to their liking. It's pretty simple.

http://www.alldeaf.com/announcements/287-welcome-alldeaf.html

This site is to my liking. :). Plus being HOH I fit the target audience as you posted. I support a person's choice to deal with deafness the best way they see fit so I am hardly argumentative. At least where deafness is concerned. The only arguments that come from me is when people try to force their beliefs about deafness on others. Seeing that this is Alldeaf I think it is unfair for some members to berate others because of the choices they make. Again just my humble opinion.

thinking to make warm up bat...

cut 1/4 on the barrel of the bat, pour sand in then put the end cap back in (epoxy glue or high end kind of glue)

There is an easier way. Drill a hole, fill with sand and put a rubber cork with epoxy in the hole. Might use flour instead to. A bat full of sand can get too heavy and mess with muscle memory. Just a couple of thoughts.

no pain, no gain? that's only for gym workout but for what you're doing, please don't do that. it's not worth it because as you get older, you'll be feeling it for next 40 years.... like me :(

my wrist. thumb. ankle. knee.
gerg.gif

Incorrect...my son even has several Skateboarding t-shirts saying "No Pain...No Gain"...So it's not only for the Gym....and as for telling Lucas "not to do that"...that's ridiculous....skateboarders will always do their stunts, grinds, etc., get hurt...get up and then go right back out there.....it's the LOVE for the Sport!...same as for football, boxers, what have you....My son has done it for years and still loves the sport.

I'm thinking, wow, what a blast last night it was with the election. A mandate!

Oh, yeah, checkers, too. Easy to slip in a checker or two thinking nobody would notice. Caught my cousin one time doing that. Never did like playing checkers.

Haven't played checkers in years...used to like to play Chinese Checkers too....

IEP meeting went relatively well. New Sp Ed director who seems receptive so that was encouraging.

Incorrect...my son even has several Skateboarding t-shirts saying "No Pain...No Gain"...So it's not only for the Gym....and as for telling Lucas "not to do that"...that's ridiculous....skateboarders will always do their stunts, grinds, etc., get hurt...get up and then go right back out there.....it's the LOVE for the Sport!...same as for football, boxers, what have you....My son has done it for years and still loves the sport.

if you're a professional, that's understandable but is it worth having a permanent injury for some hobby which you won't be doing as you're grown up?

and I wasn't telling him what to do. I'm just giving him an advice that he is free to ignore. that's why I said "please". you seem to be getting very sensitive about "what to do" so all I can tell you is - none of my advice is the law for all to follow so you don't need to get too defensive next time :)

and I don't think I need a lecture from you about "love for the sport" because well... if you re-read my post, "my wrist. thumb. ankle. knee.".... yea take a hint :lol:

Im thinking about going back to the strip club and get more action. :lol:

if you're a professional, that's understandable but is it worth having a permanent injury for some hobby which you won't be doing as you're grown up?

and I wasn't telling him what to do. I'm just giving him an advice that he is free to ignore. that's why I said "please". you seem to be getting very sensitive about "what to do" so all I can tell you is - none of my advice is the law for all to follow so you don't need to get too defensive next time :)

and I don't think I need a lecture from you about "love for the sport" because well... if you re-read my post, "my wrist. thumb. ankle. knee.".... yea take a hint :lol:

Who knows what Lucas or my son will do when they are "grown up"?...Might aspire to be a professional skateboarder. So practice makes perfect, and injuries are all a part of the game in any sport.

As for Lucas' heel injury, it just happened, same as for my sons mishaps. You wouldn't tell a toddler that was learning to walk and kept falling down, to "please don't do that" would you?....Practice makes perfect. They fall, they get up....sometimes they get hurt....but they try and try again. Part of life's lessons.

Even riding motorcycles is dangerous, so I'm not about to tell you not to ride one, especially not in the rain. It's ur hobby?...You enjoy it?....So I'm not about to say to you "please don't ride motorcycles, it's too dangerous"...All I say is to "be more careful, try not to get hurt again"....

Who knows what Lucas or my son will do when they are "grown up"?...Might aspire to be a professional skateboarder. So practice makes perfect, and injuries are all a part of the game in any sport.

As for Lucas' heel injury, it just happened, same as for my sons mishaps. You wouldn't tell a toddler that was learning to walk and kept falling down, to "please don't do that" would you?....Practice makes perfect. They fall, they get up....sometimes they get hurt....but they try and try again. Part of life's lessons.

Even riding motorcycles is dangerous, so I'm not about to tell you not to ride one, especially not in the rain. It's ur hobby?...You enjoy it?....So I'm not about to say to you "please don't ride motorcycles, it's too dangerous"...All I say is to "be more careful, try not to get hurt again"....

Grown up? What meaning of this?

Grown up? What meaning of this?

I'm 56 and still haven't grown up. Maybe when I'm 60? :hmm: Nah. In fact, those who did "grow up" in their 20's & 30's are now reverting back to their youth at 50 & 60. :lol:

I'm 56 and still haven't grown up. Maybe when I'm 60? :hmm: Nah. In fact, those who did "grow up" in their 20's & 30's are now reverting back to their youth at 50 & 60. :lol:

I still have boats in my bathtub! Ok maybe not....but yeah I refuse to grow up in any way except for paying bills and stuff

True that....at 65, and with teenagers, it's like going back to my 3rd or 4th childhood...:giggle:...does it keep you young?>...as for me it keeps me exhausted and I've given up trying to understand this generation, so I just go with the flow...dude!

True that....at 65, and with teenagers, it's like going back to my 3rd or 4th childhood...:giggle:...does it keep you young?>...as for me it keeps me exhausted and I've given up trying to understand this generation, so I just go with the flow...dude!

We are thinking about having 2 kids.....I will never grow up now! Lol

I used to tell people that I kept my parents young. I'm the last of 7 and they were in their 40's when I was born. Luckily for them, I was a decent teenager.

Wirelessly posted

Thinking I have another 5 hours after break for our orientation.

Professionals know what risk to take because it's their only living. once you're injured, you're done for and broke. Ever wonder about "What you are about to witness are stunts performed by experienced professionals. Do not try this at home" warning? Your son and Lucas are not professionals so it's reasonable for me to tell him to be careful and not to do dangerous stunt again if they got hurt. IMO - it's best to try dangerous stunt in a controlled environment supervised by professionals, don't you think? If your son is aspiring to be professional skateboarder, then don't you think you should perhaps get a professional to train him?

Landing on heel and if it broke, he's done for. It's a permanent injury that will adversely impact your lifestyle and work.

well here's a difference - Lucas jumped off from some 6 feet ledge. So with that comparison, that's like letting my toddler practices running down a steep hill.

no. riding my motorcycle is not a hobby for me. it's my primary vehicle and a daily life activity. you drive car and I ride motorcycle. and I don't ride in heavy rain because it's stupid and reckless. I take precautionary measures and I take professional advanced courses.

I think you're taking this way too far. Like I said before - it's not an order. It's just a friendly advice. I'm just asking him to be careful and take precaution so he can live another day to do whatever he wants. I think jumping off from 6 feet with a skateboard is silly because of potential permanent injury but Lucas is, of course, free to disregard my advice.

I think it's time you should wrap it up and move on :ugh:

Thinking I am so confused, but then, what else is new. Just ate a light lunch. Had a large breakfast. Finished lunch 1 1/2 hours ago and now I am starving.

Thinking of mio amor's text message xoxoxox:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back