What are you thinking about? Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are you talking about? I saw the reality 6 years ago when we first had problems with the school district.

"it would hurt less if you would be more receptive"

Say what? I take in everything I read. Beyond that, it would "hurt less" if the school district had a better understanding on deafness. Not just from the medical perspective, but the cultural perspective as well. That's what I've been working towards. It would "hurt less" if they followed proper procedures and protocalls, and handled their staff appropriately when they make Audist remarks.

I know the reality of the situation. I've never denied it.

Just ignore him....he's just trolling and baiting as usual.

i was skating a drop that is about 6 feet high and i couldn't roll out of my fall so my heel took to much impact. Definitely not fun, but like rockin robin said "no pain, no gain" its all part of the game :D

Ouchie. ouchie ouchie. Go easy on yourself. LOL I used to be rough on my body. now i have wonderful arthitis shoulder, knee and ankle. thanks to softball, basketball and volleyball. :cool2: haha

Wirelessly posted

Thinking about, how happy I am that it is raining on a regular basis. If it keeps up perhaps the drought will end.

I'm not defensive. I'm just a bit tired of the patronization like I fell off the turnip truck yesterday.
yes. that's how my parents felt for decades. fortunately... one day, I had a new case manager who actually understood me because her family member is deaf. she actually got a senior staff (I think he was a Director) NJ Department of Education to personally meet me all the way from Trenton and everything was cake from there.

If I didn't "get it", I wouldn't have fought thie district through compliance complaints and due process to get my son what he needed and was legally entitled to. If I didn't "get it", I would have sat back complacently for the last 6 years and let the ignorant SD run the show.
yes. we can share with you on how to resolve it with them. sometimes we lose, sometimes we win.

You could have just said, "good luck". My feather will be calm tomorrow.
good luck. may the force be with you. it would be simply best if you don't treat every constructive post as hostile. are you forgetting that in deaf culture, we deaf people are pretty blunt? and we will apologize if we said something wrong or if you felt it was offensive. that's how it is in deaf culture.

Just ignore him....he's just trolling and baiting as usual.

I'm sorry you feel that way. I'm sorry for those in jail. I'm sorry for those who made a veiled threat against me. I'm sorry.

I really hope your ASL skill can improve enough in short time to conversational level so that you'll understand how blunt we are in conversation and how much easier it is to converse with deafies than hearies since you do not have to walk on egg shells. This is AllDeaf. Time to put away your "hearing culture" behind and immerse yourself in deaf culture right here in AllDeaf :)

I am thinking about going home got 30 minutes left on the clock.

yes I was! because I went out to check out a new burger joint near my work. I'm rating it as 3.5/5. It's a good burger for cheap price but I'm a foodie so it's missing a few subtle things.

421501_10101692254635029_1023790126_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wirelessly posted

Looks plain to me. Do they have baby Bella mushroom and Swiss burgers?

yes I was! because I went out to check out a new burger joint near my work. I'm rating it as 3.5/5. It's a good burger for cheap price but I'm a foodie so it's missing a few subtle things.

421501_10101692254635029_1023790126_n.jpg

Looks great! I love good food at cheap prices. Is that bacon on the sandwich?

Wirelessly posted

Looks plain to me. Do they have baby Bella mushroom and Swiss burgers?

yep it is plain. just my usual - bacon burger w/ onion. but nope they don't have bella shroom :giggle: or swiss burger. it's a simple burger joint with only 4 different burgers.

burger. burger w/ cheese. bacon burger. and .... I can't remember :mad2:

Wirelessly posted

Thinking about a good shroom and swiss burger. But I will settle for cooking a taco dinner tonight.

Thinking only 2 more months before my grandson's arrival. Should I start packing yet for my trip to go greet him? :hmm: :shock: :lol:

I'm sorry you feel that way. I'm sorry for those in jail. I'm sorry for those who made a veiled threat against me. I'm sorry.

I really hope your ASL skill can improve enough in short time to conversational level so that you'll understand how blunt we are in conversation and how much easier it is to converse with deafies than hearies since you do not have to walk on egg shells. This is AllDeaf. Time to put away your "hearing culture" behind and immerse yourself in deaf culture right here in AllDeaf :)

Sounds like an attempt at justifying rudeness to me.... That's just my opinion Im sure you disagree so we might as well agree to disagree now rather than go on for pages. Besides blunt is one thing, unsolicited advice/criticism is another. Most of us saw what happened yesterday. My advice to the other poster was based on that. Nothing to do with any culture. :cool2:

Sounds like an attempt at justifying rudeness to me.... That's just my opinion Im sure you disagree so we might as well agree to disagree now rather than go on for pages. Besides blunt is one thing, unsolicited advice/criticism is another. Most of us saw what happened yesterday. My advice to the other poster was based on that. Nothing to do with any culture. :cool2:

unsolicited advice/criticism is one thing you'll learn in deaf culture. we speak our minds - unsolicited or not.

what happened yesterday was a clash of cultural difference between hearing people and deafies. this is AllDeaf so yea it's pretty important for hearing people to keep in mind where they're in.

and regardless of any culture - if you do not want unsolicited advice/criticism.... simple - keep it to yourself. very simple. common sense. :cool2:

unsolicited advice/criticism is one thing you'll learn in deaf culture. we speak our minds - unsolicited or not.

what happened yesterday was a clash of cultural difference between hearing people and deafies. this is AllDeaf so yea it's pretty important for hearing people to keep in mind where they're in.

and regardless of any culture - if you do not want unsolicited advice/criticism.... simple - keep it to yourself. very simple. common sense. :cool2:

That's not what I saw happen yesterday.... Obviously it is a matter of perspective so we will have to agree to disagree and let others judge for themselves as well.

Deafness and deaf culture are 2 different things. My understanding is that this is a site that deals with deafness and one need not subscribe to deaf culture to take part.

Of course you feel you have the right to put your opinion upon others regardless of the reason. That is abundantly clear and as far as I know, it's not against the rules. My post to the other poster was meant to serve as a reminder of what we learned yesterday. That's all. Carry on. No worries here.

Thinking about tonite's Game 4 of 2012 Stanley Cup Finals.. LA Kings have a huge chance to end the series for sure vs NJ Devils.. cant wait.. got some breaded chicken parts cooking in the oven plus a nice turkey wrap sandwich as well to eat during the game.. mmm.. now if only the clock would zoom fast lol..

Also thinking about some things to do on the weekend and take in some time to bike around if the weather is excellent as well...

Thinking about tonite's Game 4 of 2012 Stanley Cup Finals.. LA Kings have a huge chance to end the series for sure vs NJ Devils.. cant wait.. got some breaded chicken parts cooking in the oven plus a nice turkey wrap sandwich as well to eat during the game.. mmm.. now if only the clock would zoom fast lol..

Also thinking about some things to do on the weekend and take in some time to bike around if the weather is excellent as well...

It will be a great game! Kings are really playing well. I will be at the A's v Rangers game tonight but I am in a suite with a TV so I will have my eyes going in different directions. Lol. Enjoy the game!

That's not what I saw happen yesterday.... Obviously it is a matter of perspective so we will have to agree to disagree and let others judge for themselves as well.

Deafness and deaf culture are 2 different things. My understanding is that this is a site that deals with deafness and one need not subscribe to deaf culture to take part.

Of course you feel you have the right to put your opinion upon others regardless of the reason. That is abundantly clear and as far as I know, it's not against the rules. My post to the other poster was meant to serve as a reminder of what we learned yesterday. That's all. Carry on. No worries here.

No you do not need to take part in deaf culture but you should be aware of where you are in here because this is a Deaf Community so feel free to find a site to your liking that deals with only deafness along with hearing value in mind. I fail to understand why would some argumentative people continue to come here. It would be logical to just leave and make their own forum and their own rules or find one to their liking. It's pretty simple.

http://www.alldeaf.com/announcements/287-welcome-alldeaf.html
Welcome to AllDeaf.com, the online forum for the Deaf & Hard of Hearing. This forum is open to anyone with questions, comments, advice, or simply an interest in the Deaf Community and other deaf-related issues.

thinking to make warm up bat...

cut 1/4 on the barrel of the bat, pour sand in then put the end cap back in (epoxy glue or high end kind of glue)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back