What are you thinking about? Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am thinking about how ridiculously hot it is! UGH.

Wondering - How safe is it for me to let my daughter fly from West Palm Beach, FL to Kansas City by herself. She has never been on a plane and can pretty much take care of herself, but I worry about change of planes or such. Also wondering if Amtrak would be better or safe, but I'm not sure. She has a friend that lives in a small Kansas town close to Kansas City who would love to see my daughter. They were best friends when both lived in the Hallsville/Columbia, MO area. We moved East to the St. Louis area and Shannon moved West to Kansas. Shannon's family has said that my daughter could come visit for a summer, but if we stay here in FL, I'm trying to figure out a safe way for her to get there and back. Daughter is 17 now. Any suggestions?

Wondering - How safe is it for me to let my daughter fly from West Palm Beach, FL to Kansas City by herself. She has never been on a plane and can pretty much take care of herself, but I worry about change of planes or such. Also wondering if Amtrak would be better or safe, but I'm not sure. She has a friend that lives in a small Kansas town close to Kansas City who would love to see my daughter. They were best friends when both lived in the Hallsville/Columbia, MO area. We moved East to the St. Louis area and Shannon moved West to Kansas. Shannon's family has said that my daughter could come visit for a summer, but if we stay here in FL, I'm trying to figure out a safe way for her to get there and back. Daughter is 17 now. Any suggestions?

ask airline for a chauffeur. Something to think about - the longer she is in transportation, the riskier it is. or you can try to find a direct flight.

ask airline for a chauffeur. Something to think about - the longer she is in transportation, the riskier it is. or you can try to find a direct flight.
Did you mean chaperone? A chauffeur is someone who drives a limousine.

thinking in the next few years I'd just grab a small loan and go on a around the world trip for the sake of it, a once-in-lifetime-opportunity

thinking in the next few years I'd just grab a small loan and go on a around the world trip for the sake of it, a once-in-lifetime-opportunity
How small a loan? I can let you have $10 right now.

Thinking about a lunch with an old friend this weekend..smile....I am very excited...I am sure he will be shocked when he see"s the scars...Oh well..It"s a pretty good friend...smile just hope they don't want to take any long walks..my knee is killing me today...Dixie I am with you it's hot here and that means I gotta wear less clothes and won't be able to cover up. I think I would rather be where PFH is snow..yay, Then I could cover up everything..laughing... Have a great time ! and Shel dance dance dance on your BDay,,, yay! Also KristinaB I hope you have some peace in your life soon, I will include you in my daily meditations, also everyone thinking about hooking up with Jiro....hope all of you get to meet how nice..and Botts..YES I Do Believe in Aliens!

Let me share with you. With my personal experience flying many placed and security. I taught my daughter or my son about flying rules. Number one rules... study!!! LOL. What I mean about "Study"?? Is to show the kids of all the airport maps of where to go. Some airport need to get on the "bus" to go from one terminal to another terminal. Study where all the airline are located. Now the most important to allow the kids know how much time layover. If kids have 1 hours layover between two airlines, tell them not to rush.. just take your time to do sight seeing on the way to other airline. Some layover are like 15 minutes in between...run!!!!!! Never know how far apart between two airlines! It's okay to run... LOL Secondly, never asked strangers of where this is or where is that located or whatever. Always ask directly to security, or any of airport workers or front ticket services (doen't matter what airline..just ask!!) or Avis Car Rental or whatever.
Now the last part..it's the most distressing sound... in any event of terrorist attack, You need to show the kids of where to meet...once find the best TWO locations.. because if one location they are not allow to go there, so have to use back up location. Then share with other people who ever picking them up will know where to meet.
So, get the idea..is to study and talk with them, show them (the kids) to get familar with all the locations.
Plane is better than train, my advise. Hope that helped.

A lot of this depends on the maturity level of your daughter.

There will be a lot of security with airports, less with Amtrak.

Is there any way to do a test run of a shorter length?

:laugh2: $10,000 would be the good start

High liver! For that much , I could build a cabin in the woods and become a survivalist!

As long as I could get wireless internet. :hmm:

just save money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back