What are you thinking about? Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wirelessly posted

I have seen that a lot of you guys mention that others ask if your dead... And I'm thinking " people actually ask that?" It baffles the mind, honestly... If you're WALKING you are obviously alive. Some humans just make me ashamed of being part of the human species...

As a kid, I was asked "Are you death?"

Wirelessly posted

shel90 said:
Wirelessly posted

I have seen that a lot of you guys mention that others ask if your dead... And I'm thinking " people actually ask that?" It baffles the mind, honestly... If you're WALKING you are obviously alive. Some humans just make me ashamed of being part of the human species...

And that right there would have made me roll my eyes so hard they would have freaked out. Do they see you walking around with a scythe and a black cape or something to ask that?? I mean REALLY...who the hell asks that? -_____-

Wirelessly posted

Several posts around AD and some youtube videos were the girl precisely made the video stating " I am not dead. Stop asking." cause instead of saying "Deaf" they'd say "death". And it really made me wonder how can someone ask you that consciously knowin that "death" implies/means something/one is dead...

It's more like when people refused to say your name right. And pronounce it in such a way that would be offensive.

I'm thinking: When I lose my voice cause I'm too sick/hoarse and the vocals just decide to go MIA on me and I get it back, I ALWAYS ask myself " is this the same voice I had before I was so hoarse I couldn't speak? " I for some reason think it always comes back different. :/ just a crazy thought that lives in my head.

Shel, true story here...when I moved from Minny to Riverside, I had my mail fowarded to the school for the deaf where I lived in an apartment for the first 10 months, my life insurance premiums payment booklet was sent to me in care of the "California School for the Death"!

And Metropolitan Life Insurance's jingle in their TV ads is "Our business is life". :lol:

I'm thinking I really hope my computer will be ready for me to pick up tomorrow. Also, I'm hoping my casserole will be good this evening. I haven't made it since we came back to Florida.

I am thinking I want to talk to a friend, just to have someone to talk to.

I wanted to come out and do a public service announcement today.

I'm warning you guys to go down the stairs carefully if you have big feet.

This happened to me about 6 hours ago, it's still bleeding. I was also helping a friend move, and the inside of my shoe was all bloodied up. Bright red blood all over my feet/ankle. Time for a new pair of shoes, eh?

ankle-1.jpg

Also - A word of the wise, have your house builders staple the carpet to the stairs, not using tack strips if you're building a home, or doing a remodel.

This happened to me about 6 hours ago, it's still bleeding. I was also helping a friend move, and the inside of my shoe was all bloodied up. Bright red blood all over my feet/ankle. Time for a new pair of shoes, eh?

ankle-1.jpg

Also - A word of the wise, have your house builders staple the carpet to the stairs, not using tack strips if you're building a home, or doing a remodel.
That happened to me in the past, when I was walking to the garage downstairs - barefeet, and the stairs is in fact, concrete and no carpet is laid (15 years now)

ankle-1.jpg

That looks like you should get a tetanus shot!

Ow! Happy feet healing.

p.s was there a reason you mentioned you have big feet?

Ow! Happy feet healing.

p.s was there a reason you mentioned you have big feet?

The stairs arent big enough to go down -- because when you go down on ball of your feet, and land with the heel.. the ball is on the edge of the step and the heel hits the back end of the step -- thats where the tacks are.

The stairs arent big enough to go down -- because when you go down on ball of your feet, and land with the heel.. the ball is on the edge of the step and the heel hits the back end of the step -- thats where the tacks are.

Violation building code?

ok, My husband is very tall and big feet, and I'll have to ask him if he have this problem too. It sounds to me that the stairs may too small than it should.

of course, tacks should not be there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back