What are you thinking about? Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking I'm happy I finished the story and hopefully I'll get to see Jace today <3 Haven't hung out with him since the start of his evil intership but he finished yesterday so, yay!

Thinking I'm happy I finished the story and hopefully I'll get to see Jace today <3 Haven't hung out with him since the start of his evil intership but he finished yesterday so, yay!

serious you are really think so dream happy! lol

Tickets behind the plate here are selling for $5,000 each. Tempted not to go but I can't miss it.

I will be in SF for Game 6 if that is necessary too. Of course I might be dead.....I am wearing my Giant Panda hat to the game tomorrow.

:shock:....envy....so awesome

I was looking for some 6/7 ticket but my state job doesn't really support a purchasing power of some of those seats. The way giants are playing I don't think there will be a game 6

I'll look for that panda hat on tv tommorrow :lol:

I'm wondering if it's normal for my cat to like eating french fries?

Guess it must be old age. :)

I thought that's what these statewide tests were. Like Missouri has the MAP and Florida has the FCAT.

I know when I was in school, Florida had the "Functional Literacy Test" and we took it in 8th grade to see if we were ready for high school and then took it again (harder one) in 11th grade to see if we were ready for 12th grade in school. You had to pass it to graduate.

AR is now implementing the SMARTCore curriculum program in which students must pass the exit exams in order to eligible for high school graduation. They get tested annually in the spring of the year. If they cannot pass the proficiency exams they cannot move up, they have to be retained and go through remediation at that grade level again until they are able to pass it. Sadly while I want students to learn and be proficient in the knowledge of Literacy, Mathematics, Science, U.S. Government/History, and have some specialized skills in a field of their interest we are now forcing these children to not learn the subject but rather they are taught these benchmark exams and know just enough to pass them. In Arkansas, I believe a teacher's annual salary is based on how their students rated on the exams. What sucks is Arkansas has a LOT of non-native English speaking Latino children. We also have students in the 9th grade that has the English vocabulary of a 2nd grader because English is not spoken in the home, and English is used only when speaking to the teacher, the rest of the time the student is speaking in Spanish. Yes these students are smart and they can do well; but again, the language barrier is holding them back. We need to encourage these non-native ESL students to learn English from a very young age. The student has a very limited English vocabulary, they will fail these Benchmark exams. However, I believe because we are an English speaking country, these students should be taught English and the parents be encouraged to encourage their children to learn English so that their children will succeed not just academically, but also professionally, socially, and economically. Being bi-lingual can be asset, I have seen it and I believe it.

Gonna keep the ticket stubs if the team wins? I hear there's some value in collecting that sort of things.

Yes....I collect them. I used to tip the ticket takers not to tear the because they are worth more if not torn. Now they scan them instead of tear them so that is awesome. I even take cardboard in my backpack to keep them from getting bent during the game.

Can somebody post a pic of a panda hat...this isn't the first time I've heard about that.....

:shock:....envy....so awesome

I was looking for some 6/7 ticket but my state job doesn't really support a purchasing power of some of those seats. The way giants are playing I don't think there will be a game 6

I'll look for that panda hat on tv tommorrow :lol:

Cool....Mine is orange. :lol:

As for Giants tickets I am lucky. My NorCal friend has season tickets too so he got them at face value.

Giant's are playing well but they Ranger's haven't hit yet. I really expected the Ranger's to sweep.....this has been a shock.

Yes Ma'am. Going to Games 3 4 and Game 5 if necessary.

No one got sick, it's just that the food was terrible and messy. The restaurant looked like it hadn't been cleaned and they were out of napkins. Literally. They also had no ketchup.

:laugh2: I don't think the thread made me sick but thanks for your wishing me well.

I've had this before and it will take a week or so to clear up. it's going to be a painful recovery though.

TXgolfer, have a great time! Share some pics if you can in the WS sports thread if you wish to do so.

KristinaB, that's really bad. Careless cooks at the McDonalds not make neat food. I had that bad experience , from Carl's Jr. (Hardee's) never again did I step foot there again. Its been years lol

DS , :laugh2: about reading that comment. Do get well soon!

TX next week we are doing a blackout game here vs TCU. All the fans will be in black as opposed to the usual all red we wear in the stands. I LOVE the blackout games, it will be my 3rd year in a row going to the blackout game. But Utah better watch out for TCU. I think TCU is capable of beating any team in the country. Regardless whoever wins this saturday will likely get that BCS game.....and possibly BCS title game if Oregon or Auburn falls Its the game of the year for our conference and ESPN game day crew will be there.

I am thinking about how to keep my paints dry in the carport while learning to paint with acrylic paints. It has been an interest of mine for a long time and I have to do it outside or in the garage. Too hot in garage, but carport is shady and has a gentle breeze at times. Just warm.

TX next week we are doing a blackout game here vs TCU. All the fans will be in black as opposed to the usual all red we wear in the stands. I LOVE the blackout games, it will be my 3rd year in a row going to the blackout game. But Utah better watch out for TCU. I think TCU is capable of beating any team in the country. Regardless whoever wins this saturday will likely get that BCS game.....and possibly BCS title game if Oregon or Auburn falls Its the game of the year for our conference and ESPN game day crew will be there.

I may be there.....There is a chance....10% that I may be taking a truck to San Jose moving the last of my friends stuff. That wouldn't be too far out of the way. Chances are that trip willo have to wait until after Thanksgiving though. Might be in Chicago or College Station this week too. :dizzy: Hopefully I know by Wednesday

I'm thinking about how happy I am to be home from the dentist. I hate going. But look, Mom, no cavities !!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back