What are you thinking about? Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am thinking I had a piss poor day. See my FB status.

I am thinking that Rick48 is out to get us!!!

I thought his latest diatribe was almost civil. :lol:

I havent read it..not in the mood to argue with him and FJ..feel like having laughs and fun threads tonight. :)

I'm thinking I love all this sunshine we're getting, but the heat is making me sleepy!

We're having a heat wave and my daughter lose her power at her house! Her family has no A/C until the power back on! There whole street lost power.
I hope that does not happen here or any other towns.

We're having a heat wave and my daughter lose her power at her house! Her family has no A/C until the power back on! There whole street lost power.
I hope that does not happen here or any other towns.

Happens here all the time, in our case we just open the windows and doors and just air out the house as much as possible. If it's for very long we'll go get in the pool or take a cool shower. I grew up without central heat and air so it doesn't bother me.

I am thinking why it always becomes so difficult to plan fun events with a large group of friends...*sighs*

not to me. I have an iron fist approach for that. I did that for July 4th and bunch of other events. Works fine. Those who couldn't come... fine with me. Less whiners (party poopers) that way.

To me - the only reason to why it's difficult to plan an event with a large group is because the host has to accommodate bunch of whiners' needs. I don't do that anymore. If they have their needs - they can go ahead and do it on their own - their own ride. their own time. their own whatever.

Simply invite like 20 people and expect half to come. Either way - ya'all will still have a blast! even with 7 people! :cool2:

not to me. I have an iron fist approach for that. I did that for July 4th and bunch of other events. Works fine. Those who couldn't come... fine with me. Less whiners (party poopers) that way.

To me - the only reason to why it's difficult to plan an event with a large group is because the host has to accommodate bunch of whiners' needs. I don't do that anymore. If they have their needs - they can go ahead and do it on their own - their own ride. their own time. their own whatever.

Simply invite like 20 people and expect half to come. Either way - ya'all will still have a blast! even with 7 people! :cool2:

Learned this too while assisting people with planning seminars and symposia.

The problem is that nobody is the host...it is a bunch of us planning together. That's what makes it hard. I have planned large events and done the way you did without problems. Just when it comes to planning with a large group that the dynamics change.

The problem is that nobody is the host...it is a bunch of us planning together. That's what makes it hard. I have planned large events and done the way you did without problems. Just when it comes to planning with a large group that the dynamics change.

then pick a leader among ya'all and respect it. it's either that or forget about the plan. I don't believe in democracy when it comes to that kind of thing. It does not work. never have. never will.

I need to get lunch ready, but it's hot... *pout* and *sigh*

Off I am anyway :wave:

Thinking about next Tuesday's fitness class. Two hours running *urgh* I'm already tired just thinking about it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back