What are you thinking about? Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes, so true too, Bott :wave: <sigh>
it may even be hard to find the new puppy in all the mud:lol:
which I'm sure she'll think is hilarious

Ocean, good luck on your exam!

I know the feeling. I put everything on flashcards and carry around with me.

I keep blanking out on fill in the blanks! I get myself too worked up. I used to use flashcards, but there is way too much info. I have 70 pages of notes for 1 test. :(

I keep blanking out on fill in the blanks! I get myself too worked up. I used to use flashcards, but there is way too much info. I have 70 pages of notes for 1 test. :(

Trick to that too. Compare categories in notes and text. The stuff mentioned in the notes but not in text is what the Prof feels is most important. That is where fill in the blank and essay questions are going to come from if it is a multi format test.

I'm thinking son is really out to piss me off. :mad:

I went over all their work yesterday and so far today for their schoolwork, and what do I find. He hasn't done any, and I mean any math since January 5th. He claims that it's not needed in today's world. We are doing fractions, decimals and percents. I reminded him of checkbooks, store sales and percentages off, and reading recipes and converting for more or less servings. He agreed it was needed, but is grumbling that I will be rescheduling the work and doubling it up, just to get him caught up.

Here, all along, he's been the good kid about getting schoolwork done and usually happy about it, but lately, he's resistant to it all. argh!!!!

I went over all their work yesterday and so far today for their schoolwork, and what do I find. He hasn't done any, and I mean any math since January 5th. He claims that it's not needed in today's world. We are doing fractions, decimals and percents. I reminded him of checkbooks, store sales and percentages off, and reading recipes and converting for more or less servings. He agreed it was needed, but is grumbling that I will be rescheduling the work and doubling it up, just to get him caught up.

Here, all along, he's been the good kid about getting schoolwork done and usually happy about it, but lately, he's resistant to it all. argh!!!!

He doesn't have to turn in his work to be checked?

He doesn't have to turn in his work to be checked?

I home school so I was supposed to be the one checking. He did a page here and there and I neglected to check them all. He passed the skills tests I made up on the worksheets he did not do, so I know he knows the work, but I still have to have the completed worksheets for the state.

Also, daughter is really struggling with her math and we have dropped back to grade 2 math for her. That's her dyscalculia really coming out. At least I somewhat expected that and we don't give her grief over it. She is willing to go back and review and re-do the work. I just get a different workbook with a different way of doing it. More work for me, but she is willing to keep at it. At least she told me she was having problems, son didn't mention anything until I went back over everything.

Have you thought about having him spend part of the day at public school for things like math?

There is more interest if there is a challenge and competition.

I home school so I was supposed to be the one checking. He did a page here and there and I neglected to check them all. He passed the skills tests I made up on the worksheets he did not do, so I know he knows the work, but I still have to have the completed worksheets for the state.

Also, daughter is really struggling with her math and we have dropped back to grade 2 math for her. That's her dyscalculia really coming out. At least I somewhat expected that and we don't give her grief over it. She is willing to go back and review and re-do the work. I just get a different workbook with a different way of doing it. More work for me, but she is willing to keep at it. At least she told me she was having problems, son didn't mention anything until I went back over everything.

hhmmm..... do you have a professional to deal with her dyscalculia?

That's a lot of notes for one test. What nursing program are you in CNA/LVN or RN?

Have you thought about having him spend part of the day at public school for things like math?

There is more interest if there is a challenge and competition.

The public schools here in this area are totally not worth it. Son has agreed to get the work done. He also knows that I will not allow him to get a part time job if he is not caught up. Around here you can get a job at 14 and he will be 15 in May, but I have told him, that if he can't discipline himself to do his schoolwork, then he doesn't deserve a job. He has agreed and will get to it.

hhmmm..... do you have a professional to deal with her dyscalculia?

Don't think a professional anything will be able to help. It was the public schools and a private tutor who advised me to work "one-on-one" with her and to try anything I could as she constantly forgets and then has troubles. We've been dealing with this for years with her.

She is just reaching out her spiritual side. It's hard to explain. If she hear voices that actually sound like a real voice instead of inner voice. she need to be checked out. Or telling her to harm someone or something, she also need to be checked out. Other that, it just pure spirituality (we just say the Holy Spirit is guiding us... but not actually talking to us). I think she wanted you to read the 10 commandments so you acknowledge the laws you broken (you says she is a born again Christian... a born again christian means they acknowledge they are sinners who need a savior).

The part I underlined and bolded was basically what she told me.

She sounds normal as any other christians out there if you ask them if the Holy Spirit guide them :)

She sounds normal as any other christians out there if you ask them if the Holy Spirit guide them :)

I took it wrong at first. A couple hours after it had happened, she decided to explain to me what she meant because she didn't want me to think she was crazy.

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.6; en-us; T-Mobile G1 Build/DRC83) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1)

I have my final exam Wed
Good luck!!!:D
Eat a piece of candy right before a test (it works) Also switch to decaf on test days.
Decaf?! :shock:
Trick to that too. Compare categories in notes and text. The stuff mentioned in the notes but not in text is what the Prof feels is most important. That is where fill in the blank and essay questions are going to come from if it is a multi format test.
:hmm: I will look into this!:ty:
That's a lot of notes for one test. What nursing program are you in CNA/LVN or RN?

I am actually in the last prerequisite for a RN program. It is a competitive program, so they are extra tough.:roll: It will only get worse.:lol:

I am thinking about whether I should work out or not..

Thinking about my daughter's fastpitch practice. She is the catcher and first base. They will start training her to slap hit/bunt tmw. It is amazing how she improved in playing ball these past few years. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back