What are you doing right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
the real trick is attempting to catch the spider- some people even want to get NEAR a spider; even trickier to capture if the spider is venomous...

And that's why that job is best left to the exterminators.

And that's why that job is best left to the exterminators.
Who's going to call, wait for, and pay an exterminator every time they see a spider? If I did that I'd need one on speed dial every single day. :lol:

Who's going to call, wait for, and pay an exterminator every time they see a spider? If I did that I'd need one on speed dial every single day. :lol:

I meant if there were multiple spiders. Like Billy the Exterminator style kind of spider gatherings. Now those require special attention.

funny-gif-gay-spider-hair.gif

I finished up watching the movie "Coneheads" using my new Chromecast. WOW now that took me way back in time.

Here's an interesting method:

If You Must Kill That Spider, The Best Way Is To Freeze It | Smart News | Smithsonian

So the next time an unwanted venomous spider makes itself known, use this.

If I see a spider in my house I just leave it alone or put it outside if the weather is nice. I never kill them. I had been bit by a big black ant while sleeping and damn that hurt like hell it woke me right up.
'bit by a big black ant ' now that could be a tongue twister. LOL!

If I see a spider in my house I just leave it alone or put it outside if the weather is nice. I never kill them. I had been bit by a big black ant while sleeping and damn that hurt like hell it woke me right up.
'bit by a big black ant ' now that could be a tongue twister. LOL!

Same here. Just the other day my roommate stomped on a spider, and I asked him why he didn't leave it alone, and he said that he wasn't comfortable with it there, but I pointed out that they eat bugs, and that they're best left alone. As for venomous spiders, now that's a little different. If I see one, I'd probably capture it and release it elsewhere, because they do help keep the population of bugs down.

Everyone has fears of something or another. For some, it's spiders. Like me. I have a policy to leave all outdoor spiders alone no matter how much they scare me, but if they're indoors it's either gone or the husband has to get it outside. Either way I try to keep the situation humane.

Everyone has fears of something or another. For some, it's spiders. Like me. I have a policy to leave all outdoor spiders alone no matter how much they scare me, but if they're indoors it's either gone or the husband has to get it outside. Either way I try to keep the situation humane.

When my girls lived at home, they would scream crazy if they saw a spider, they definitely get that from me.:giggle:BUT...they would not let dad kill it, he had to capture it and let it go outside. Me, sorry not so nice. If it's really big though I definitely can't squish it, it totally grosses me out to feel that crunch. Luckily we have very few bugs that get inside.

For the last couple months we have some little lizards that like to hang out around our deck. At least one comes out every day to see me when I go outside with Marley. I think their super cute, but if one actually came at me I would be freaked out.

When my girls lived at home, they would scream crazy if they saw a spider, they definitely get that from me.:giggle:BUT...they would not let dad kill it, he had to capture it and let it go outside. Me, sorry not so nice. If it's really big though I definitely can't squish it, it totally grosses me out to feel that crunch. Luckily we have very few bugs that get inside.

For the last couple months we have some little lizards that like to hang out around our deck. At least one comes out every day to see me when I go outside with Marley. I think their super cute, but if one actually came at me I would be freaked out.

Speaking of lizards..... the komo dragon is a lizard I would not fancy meeting up close anytime soon. Brookfield Zoo has those (Last I saw, several years ago) and they were HUGE.

Has your auto insurance rate gone down yet?

I totally understand. That's why I was saying it either has to go or hubby has to take it outside. It depends on the scariness factor!!! Lol I totally despise them, they give me the heebie jeebies every day but I try my best to be a big girl :)

And to add, we live in a heavily forested area where spiders are rampant, so I see a bunch daily. Yuk. I wonder what it'll be like at the new house. Less forested.

I've heard that too, but I'm under the impression that's inhumane because they won't die instantly.

Well they aren't humane to me. There is an enclosed shed out back anytime I have to go in I get eat up with spider bites. Different types of spiders even had a couple jump at me but stay on their web then make the web vibrate back and forth at least an inch.

Well they aren't humane to me. There is an enclosed shed out back anytime I have to go in I get eat up with spider bites. Different types of spiders even had a couple jump at me but stay on their web then make the web vibrate back and forth at least an inch.

OMG so gross!!! Gave me chills when I read this.:shock:

That's yucky! And I understand. There are spray products out there that would be perfect for fixing the shed issue, you could probably eradicate them all at once (until they come back and then do it again).

That so sounds like a shed I would never set foot in! :lol:

Chatting with my friend via text message, and awaiting a call via VP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back