What are you doing right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good plan! And if you drink too much, well, you now have empty bottles to do #1 in. :laugh2:

:roll: That's what the beach bathrooms are for. Come to think of it, I need to see if they've unlocked them or not.

:roll: That's what the beach bathrooms are for.

JAJ Another tip, if you're too far away from the beach, look for hotels, they almost always have some kind of lobby. You can just walk right in and act like you're a guest there, there will be some kind of restroom there. have fun on your adventures tomorrow. :cool2:

JAJ Another tip, if you're too far away from the beach, look for hotels, they almost always have some kind of lobby. You can just walk right in and act like you're a guest there, there will be some kind of restroom there. have fun on your adventures tomorrow. :cool2:

Yeah, there aren't any around this area. Most of them are downtown-- they get more money that way. This region isn't exactly a money maker for hotels, because it's cheaper up here than it is downtown.

For Chicago area that's a heatwave. :)

After living in SC for 8 years if it's 71 I don't even break out the shorts yet, hell if I'm in the shade I'd probably have on a sweat shirt.

After living in SC for 8 years if it's 71 I don't even break out the shorts yet, hell if I'm in the shade I'd probably have on a sweat shirt.

Same here! :P

But neither of you are coming from a winter that had the amount of below zero weather that Chicago did.

That's right. It has been really uncomfortable the past couple of days, as we are all acclimated to the long cold winter.

I also lived in NH for 16 years ;)

NH skips spring, goes straight from frigid winter to summer. Didn't sweat buckets at 71 degrees then either :D

I also lived in NH for 16 years ;)

NH skips spring, goes straight from frigid winter to summer. Didn't sweat buckets at 71 degrees then either :D

I came here from El Paso, where a lot of the year is over 100, and it didn't bother me, but it really is kind of different in the Midwest.

It's kind of like tropical humidity with weird fluctuations between hot and cold.

NH is humid. The whole east coast is humid. It's gets really hot in the summer because of it, it's just summer doesn't last long lol

Fluctuations? There's a saying in NH, don't like the weather? Wait 5 minutes.

Yep. I'm still wearing a sweatshirt in the mornings.

You know now that I'm thinking about it....I lived in Illinois too for a little while, about 8 months I think, from Aug to April in 1990. Very mild winter. It was Southern Illinois though, not real far from St. Louis Missouri. On Scott AFB.

Yep. I'm still wearing a sweatshirt in the mornings.

Yup, me too. I wear one on the way to work, and when I'm sitting around in the break room. Lately I haven't needed it in the way home.

I missed the snow SC got this year!! It only snowed a couple times the whole time I lived there and it was never enough to accumulate or stay cold enough to stick around.

Have yet to pull out a sweatshirt or anything that warm, even with our "winter". This morning was 68 outside and I was in shorts and tank top.

Those aren't real pineapples
(Drags cigarette, inhales deeply in the shape of,,,,,)
Them are red Chinese pineapples

But neither of you are coming from a winter that had the amount of below zero weather that Chicago did.

Remember I grew up in Phx, AZ ..one of the hottest cities in the USA so for me 70 degrees is still considered "cool" for me so I was agreeing with Ambrosia that coming from a warmer climate, we see 70 degrees as "chilly" weather as opposed to Chicagoblue. That's all.

Thing is most people spend most of their time indoors, with temps between high 60s and low 70s so........now the outside is just as perfect as the inside soooooo wtf would 71 feel hot?

All over the country it's gotten nice, all over my news feeds is "it's so beautiful out" etc etc etc. no one has complained it's hot.

Thing is most people spend most of their time indoors, with temps between high 60s and low 70s so........now the outside is just as perfect as the inside soooooo wtf would 71 feel hot?

Maybe to the Alaskans who live with -40 degree weather? :lol:

now the outside is just as perfect as the inside soooooo wtf would 71 feel hot?

Its probably due to the fact when you exercise such as riding a bicycle you are going to get warmer. When you're inside you're not doing any exercise so naturally you're not going to feel warmer.

That and being on meds can have an effect too.

Maybe to the Alaskans who live with -40 degree weather? :lol:

When I worked at Mobil the Budweiser delivery guy would flabbergast me. ALL winter, NH winter mind you, he'd wear shorts and tshirt. That's it. I'd be outside all bundled up winds blowing -10 degrees in january and there he is, out there with me in shorts and tee shirt.

But during the summer? My god, I have never seen a person sweat so bad. He said he brought multiple shirts to work because he'd swear through them, he always literally looked like he'd been swimming. That's how soaked from sweat he'd be.

I told him once, you know if your pants and a coat during the winter like a normal person maybe you would turn into a puddle during the summer. He said if he wore a jacket during winter he'd get sick. C

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back