We have many advantages of being deaf

Presumably one must understand signs to appreciate what is being communicated "expressively". It is correct to say hand movements are more expressive than spoken words.
I am bilateral deaf and don't use ASL/LSQ.

Implanted A B Harmony activated Aug/07

Presumably one must understand signs to appreciate what is being communicated "expressively". It is correct to say hand movements are more expressive than spoken words.
I am bilateral deaf and don't use ASL/LSQ.

Not at all.

Interesting: one doesn't have to understand what is "communicated". Not sure which system this is?
Sorry forgot the alternate construction_ do it yourself-whatever you consider is being communicated.

Last edited:
We, Deaf people are tied together, no matter where we live. We have conferences such as WFD, Deaflympics, etc and there will be times where I would not have seen a friend for a long time and bump into him and her at an event, and finish off what we started the last time instead of starting all over again.

Agree with most things posted here.

Also want to add:
-Can ward off people begging for money by saying or signalling that you are deaf. It works... most of the time. It didn't work for one of them.

-Chances to freak people out (who know you and your degree of deafness) by playing tricks on them saying that you can hear this or that. (Ex. "Oh I love this song! Whats the name of it.. "Long Day" by MB20! right?" "Um... yes.. but... how do you know that? You can hear the lyrics now?!" They forget that with satellite radio, you can see what song is playing and what artist : D )

Interesting: one doesn't have to understand what is "communicated". Not sure which system this is?

It would appear to the be one you practice. Because that is not what was said at all.

I always note I don't understand ASL/LSQ. Thanks to knowing fingerspelling: NO>

I can discourage marital spats by closing my eyes. I can often win the entire argument like that. ha

I get to put stuff (HA) in my ear every day....which you are not supposed to do.....which makes me kind of a rebel! :lol:

I always note I don't understand ASL/LSQ. Thanks to knowing fingerspelling: NO>

You evidently have a problem with print English at times, as well.

Really, now reading-what next- Unconscious member of Deaf Militants-fingerspelling segment?

Back