Watch for Hurrricane Sandy on East Coast

yeah, but if you live in the mid-west, you have to worry about Yellowstone erupting. Or, California, you have to worry about the "big one".

Disaster can happen anywhere. Don't live in fear, just be prepared.

True, but a geographic correction - Wyoming is not considered part of the Mid-west. The Mid-west is actually further east and runs from Ohio to North/South Dakotas, Nebraska, Kansas and runs down to the bottom of Missouri.

Scroll down to where it says Official US Regions, and there's that map on the right. List of regions of the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The mid-west and the northeastern regions have something far more dangerous to consider - nuke plants. Check this out.

Attachments

• do-not-live.png
    do-not-live.png
    77.2 KB · Views: 5
We're getting closer to 12/21/12. :hmm: :cool2:

Seriously, honestly, I'm looking forward to 12/22/12, so that we can discredit this last batch of kooks and everyone can get sleep.

Lately, I've been having dreams about learning to fly with my mind and just realized that there is a particular feeling I need to have in order to keep moving forward once I have stepped off the ground into the air and not stop in mid-air.

In the event that certain religious extremists try to "cause" 12/21/12 to happen, I'm prepped for it. Yes, I'm a prepper.

These issues were very rare. I went though blizzard few times and yes tropical storm, and see tropical storm does more damage than blizzard. Last time we had blizzard and there was only 1 death, how many death down there in NYC? End of discuss.

rare but not impossible. look at this one. it only takes one disaster to wreck it all and this was it. you ain't seen nothing yet.

btw - death toll in NYC is around 42 due to Hurricane Sandy. who would have expected that? there you go. and we've already had some worst blizzards. the death toll was certainly not 1.

now - this means we will not think too lightly of hurricane/nor'easter next time and I'm glad.

What I mean is he could have server ANYWHERE else, maybe in Montana and nothing happened to it. Most online forum servers were spread over different areas as back up. Anyone can lease server anywhere in the world.

Some major sites went down because data centers got flooded in NYC - Huffington Post, BuzzFeed, Gizmodo, Jezebel and Gawker.

Can you plow rain?
Can you plow snow?

Answer is obvious, I went though blizzard many times so it is really nothing. Ice storm is much worse than Blizzard. By the way, we have heard in VA and WVA got blizzard from Sandy, what are their death/damages? I have not heard one as of yet.

rare but not impossible. look at this one. it only takes one disaster to wreck it all and this was it. you ain't seen nothing yet.

btw - death toll in NYC is around 42 due to Hurricane Sandy. who would have expected that? there you go. and we've already had some worst blizzards. the death toll was certainly not 1.

now - this means we will not think too lightly of hurricane/nor'easter next time and I'm glad.

:) but collapse older building? That is not common but yeah.

Alaska gets plenty of Blizzards (I learn as many as 2 times a week), why we have not heard catastrophic up there for long time? While NYC got hit once and oh my god power outrage, a lot of building collapse, a lot of cars has been damaged due to flood and so forth. Blizzard don't cause damage to cars, they can't really, and flood does the damage.

Well, blizzards don't cause a high tide surge and move houses by their foundations.
They just knock down trees and time to time collapse older buildings.

Why are you assuming that I have not seen anything? Your dead wrong, I did saw the destructive power of near hurricane tropical storm. And don't forget I went though Blizzard many times. Wow so much fun in blizzard, and scary in tropical storm.

you ain't seen nothing yet.

I have lived through blizzards and hurricanes.
If:
  • Populated area
  • No need to leave the house
  • Power working
I would choose blizzard.

If:
  • Power does not work
  • I might have to leave the house
  • Not populated area
I would choose hurricane.

Alaska gets plenty of Blizzards (I learn as many as 2 times a week), why we have not heard catastrophic up there for long time? While NYC got hit once and oh my god power outrage, a lot of building collapse, a lot of cars has been damaged due to flood and so forth. Blizzard don't cause damage to cars, they can't really, and flood does the damage.

The blizzard is just very nature in very cold place, near or inside arctic circle, so that why is common in Alaska and northern Canada.

I've never been through a blizzard, but have experienced massive snowfall that stopped everything for at least 3 days in Missouri. I have been through a massive ice storm in Atlanta, GA that stopped everything for 4 days and I have been through hurricanes and lots of tropical storms. I survived through Andrew and David (not a strong one). I will take a hurricane over the snowfall. In my mind, it is far easier to plan and somewhat prepare for the hurricane. So far, my new house is much more hurricane safe than MIL's just next door. Mainly, all I can see is, you need to remain level-headed and have preparation lists ready to be implemented. You need to educate yourself to the possibility of most anything in your area and plan as best as you can. It's just like when you go to school and they have fire drills and tornado drills. It's called practice and preparation. They also tell you to prepare a fire safety plan in your home and things like that. I have put together a notebook with all kinds of info for our area and such for hurricane, tornado, floods, fires and power outages. (That's my OCD kicking in) My family knows where that notebook is. My MIL was really impressed by it as when we got the first bit of news about Issac recently, my son pulled out the notebook and started reading up. We were all getting ready.

Dealt with hurricanes and blizzards. Not sure which I would choose to deal with. I was scared during Hurricane Irene last year because my neighbor's tree was tilting towards my house during the high winds. During the blizzards of '09 and '10, I was scared about my roof collasping under the wieght of the snow.

Since moving to MD 13 years ago, I have experienced tornados, hurricanes, an earthquake, and blizzards which I never experienced growing up in AZ. lol

Interesting! Government warned homeowner insurance industry NOT to consider Sandy as Hurricane, but rather post tropical storm. Hurricane deductible is much higher than regular deductibles.

What I mean is he could have server ANYWHERE else, maybe in Montana and nothing happened to it. Most online forum servers were spread over different areas as back up. Anyone can lease server anywhere in the world.

do you know why there's no major data center in Montana? because nobody is willing to move and work in there.

Why are you assuming that I have not seen anything? Your dead wrong, I did saw the destructive power of near hurricane tropical storm. And don't forget I went though Blizzard many times. Wow so much fun in blizzard, and scary in tropical storm.

again.... if you're shrugging around and scoffing at it - you ain't seen nothing yet otherwise you wouldn't say such thing. I certainly ain't seen nothing too and I ain't going to yap around with "eh it's nothing" attitude. El Nino surprised us. Hurricane Katrina surprised us. Hurricane Sandy surprised us. The blizzard few years ago crippled us with weeks long of blackout. List goes on.

like I said - both blizzard and hurricane are equally destructive and disastrous. if you prefer blizzard, that's fine but in my case - I'd prefer hurricane over blizzard because I think I would survive better in hurricane.

if you think you can survive better in the worst blizzard than the worst hurricane... I guess you'll have a heck of story to tell to your grandchildren.

Can you plow rain?
Can you plow snow?
can you pump rain out?
can you pump snow out?

I fail to see any logic in your questioning. I'm talking about the worst kind where the help won't be available for a few days or even a week and it would takes a week or longer to plow snow out or to pump water out. that's the worst kind I'm talking about.... not the typical blizzard you've been thru many times.

Answer is obvious, I went though blizzard many times so it is really nothing. Ice storm is much worse than Blizzard.
yes. the answer is obvious that you ain't seen nothing yet. wait till you experience the worst blizzard in your lifetime but let's pray that it won't ever happen, eh?

I can imagine what the worst blizzard would be like. several towns completely blanketed that National Guards helicopters won't even be able to find it. power infrastructure completely destroyed and won't be restored for weeks. water system completely destroyed because of loss of power, multiple frozen pipes, and damaged pump systems. plow trucks not being able to respond quickly enough due to logistic issue and several feet of snow (where are you going to put snow if a town is completely buried under snow like Pompeii?).

In my opinion - a worst hurricane is more survivable than a worst blizzard because at least you won't freeze to death and you can wait on roof for rescue. if you disagree, that's fine. we can just agree to disagree.

By the way, we have heard in VA and WVA got blizzard from Sandy, what are their death/damages? I have not heard one as of yet.
The reason why you have not heard of damage yet is because the states are still assessing the damage and are still recovering from it. It can takes months till we get the final answers.

In case you didn't know, 2 people died in VA and 6 people died in WVA but why are you now focusing on those states and not the states that had the most damage & deaths like NY and NJ? I find it quite comical that you're suddenly shifting to VA/WVA when I told you that NYC had 92 deaths from Sandy.

Don't you agree that we should not take it lightly next time the government warns us of hurricane/nor'easter/worst weather/etc on the way?

Alaska gets plenty of Blizzards (I learn as many as 2 times a week), why we have not heard catastrophic up there for long time?
seriously? that's a rather dumb question to ask. the "worst blizzard" is normal in Alaska. and gee... Alaska has only about some 700,000 people... most of them already used to "worst blizzard."

If there's a catastrophe in Alaska, it's because it's something not typical.... like Exxon gas spill. or perhaps a massive oil spill in ANWR. that would be a catastrophic damage to entire Alaska - wildlife, food, natives, etc because it would be unrecoverable several centuries.

While NYC got hit once and oh my god power outrage, a lot of building collapse, a lot of cars has been damaged due to flood and so forth. Blizzard don't cause damage to cars, they can't really, and flood does the damage.
cars??? who cares about cars??? majority of New Yorkers don't even own a car! lol!

did you even see pix of damaged cars in NYC? most of them are Bentleys, Audis, and Benz!

Guess you can't read well. Im just saying ANY (FKING) WHERE meaning it could be anywhere! I have work for few companies, they never have single server on site, they always have back up server somewhere else in case the onsite gets screwed up like sandy.

Notice, this site never went down during the time of Sandy, mind you, Alex is in NJ and Sandy got hit hard, why nothing happens here on Alldeaf? Its cause Alex had another server somewhere else and it is normal for owners like Alex NOT to reveal the location. You see, nobody move and work in Montana, you may be surprised! Often owners would set up back up server where no one ever think of where.

Don't assume there is nothing up in Montana, we will never know.

There are millions of servers all over the world!

do you know why there's no major data center in Montana? because nobody is willing to move and work in there.

Back