War on Brats

Well it's about respect.

We show our respect on any resturant's rules for not want to have children, smoking etc.

I teach my children to show their respect on any rules whatever they want or not. No matter either the rules are odd or not but respect. Remember that everyone set different rules.

It will teach children to disrespect you if you complaint about the owner of resturant's rule.

Don't you guys love it when people out there who doesn't have children yet is telling us parents how to raise ours, yet when they have no experiences having children of their own and they have a nerves to tell us what we should do to keep our children quiet and behave themselves and how are we suppose to keep our toddlers to remain quiet for a period of time?... :confused:

I will let him babysit my three boys for a week, maybe then, he will understand what it like to raise a toddler!

Listen to this one...

Miller said that one day when her son, then 4 months old, was fussing, a staff member rolled her eyes and announced for all to hear, "We've got a screamer!"

You tell me is this a family resturant you would want to take your children to?....

Liebling:-))) said:
Well it's about respect.

We show our respect on any resturant's rules for not want to have children, smoking etc.

I teach my children to show their respect on any rules whatever they want or not. No matter either the rules are odd or not but respect. Remember that everyone set different rules.

It will teach children to disrespect you if you complaint about the owner of resturant's rule.

I'm sorry Liebling, I have to disagree with you there, it has nothing to do with respect, toddlers and babies are going to cry and scream, and they expect us to keep them quiet for a period of time?....Think again!

I have not read the article but "family" restaurant and NO children therein sounds like a contradiction of terms. I will read the article later....

I've used to be attend reseturant called
"FAMILY RESTURANT" suitable for children/Adult
Fancy Resturant.. depend if you like to bring your children.. as for me.. err no thanks I ain't bring my children.. (Chuckles)
Fast food resturant.. of course i do bring our children.. so what.. let'em have fun playground indoor..
Less hassle.. *chuckles*

GalaxyAngel said:
I've used to be attend reseturant called
"FAMILY RESTURANT" suitable for children/Adult
Fancy Resturant.. depend if you like to bring your children.. as for me.. err no thanks I ain't bring my children.. (Chuckles)
Fast food resturant.. of course i do bring our children.. so what.. let'em have fun playground indoor..
Less hassle.. *chuckles*

Very true

^Angel^ said:
I'm sorry Liebling, I have to disagree with you there, it has nothing to do with respect, toddlers and babies are going to cry and scream, and they expect us to keep them quiet for a period of time?....Think again!

I know because I am mother of 2 sons... scream and cries... keep them quiet is impossible, I know. That´s what I said in my previous post - "No matter either the rules are odd or not but respect". That´s what I mean is simple is respect their rule and then go to other resturant...

Yes, I´m agree that the rule they made is odd but I can´t do anything to against their rule but respect and then go to other resturant who welcome children like what GalaxyAngel mentioned in her post. Why hassle if we disagree with the owner´s rule? Example is show our respect and go other resturant to save our hassle. I only doing to give my children good example to respect every rules. (I said myself: "Ah, that´s stupid rule" but didnt say anything to children but teach them to show their respect on rule). Something like that Sinpagore have strict rule about not allow smoke/chew gum/eating/drink when you walk on the street. I taught my children to show respect on Sinpagore´s rule when we were in Sinpagore.

Anyway, here in the USA, it is probably the VERY upscale restaurants that would ban children; that is their right to make that determination.

OMG! I cannot believe this store! They expect that our children should act like an adult? ROFL! There is no way in hell that it can be controlled. I mean you can't stop a crying baby from crying, U cannot stop a 2 years old from being fussy. That's how they respond on wanting something because they can't talk! Hello?

Gosh, This made me laugh, They are actually telling us if we can't control our children we have to leave the restaurant? ROFL! I will go there and bring a group full of toddlers in that store and show them what children are really are!

He has certainly lost customers because of the sign, but some parents say the offense is outweighed by their addiction to the scones, and others embrace the effort at etiquette.

He will lose customers, Most people have kids already, If someone sees a sign out there nobody wants to come in there, I wouldn't! Almost all babies and small children go through a fussy period, And having someone tell you to tell your child to behave? Let's not punish out children for behaving like children. Children are children. Duh! So let them be children. It's nearly impossible to tell your child to act like an adult, It's very frustrating. If they have kids they should know that by now. But these people have no clue what's it is like to have children.

Yes, I´m agree that it´s impossible for the children act adult...

Well it's about respect.

Respect my ass! It's like this, You have to watch your child's every move he or she makes, if he or she made one mistake, She/He's out of the door. Oh Please! They are being paranoid. They can stick the rule up their anal all I care.

Cheri said:
Respect my ass! It's like this, You have to watch your child's every move he or she makes, if he or she made one mistake, She/He's out of the door. Oh Please! They are being paranoid. They can stick the rule up their anal all I care.

:rofl: Simple is not go in resturant where they made rules for children and then go other resturants.

:rofl: Simple is not go in resturant where they made rules for children and then go other resturants.

You are kidding me? I would love to go to their restaurant and bring a group of 100 children with me. :whistle:

Cheri said:
You are kidding me? I would love to go to their restaurant and bring a group of 100 children with me. :whistle:

:rofl: you impossible funny and troublemaker... :rofl:

Well Ill prolly get chewed up and spit out... as I dont have any young children, but I do know something...I do expect parents to exercise a little control over their kids when in a restaurant.

I dont mind screaming or crying, or a little running, but when they are able to throw or push...then its time to TEACH them a few manners.

I have been in a situation where a 2 year old kid threw a fork and it hit me in the face, and at another restaurant, I saw a 4 or 5 year old kid running around fast and then pushing a waitress that was carrying a large tray full of dishes ready to be served...what a mess.

The responses so far are fine; HOWEVER, they are moot since if a restaurant (usually the very upscale ones, NOT family restaurants) does not allow children, you and your children would not go in there in the first place. These people (restaurants) are not saying they do not like kids; they are shooting for a certain ambience, atmpsphere, ya know?

So take something for your blood pressure and an Oreo-sized apsirin cuz yer getting excited over nothing. :mrgreen:

Well, hello there, DD!

I re-read again carefully.

Well, the article says that parents who do not watch their children properly.
Example about laying on the floor to block people who waiting for their coffee, climbing up the poles, etc. etc. What the children doing is unsafety. The owner will be responsible if it´s happened to his/her customers if they tripped and spilling coffee on the child, the child falling off the pole and hurting themselves badly etc.

Yes, the owner has the right to ask parents to take care of their children because it´s parent´s responsible.

I do not against scream and cries because I know they can´t help it - they are babies and toddlers but young children is a different. Young children should learn to show their respect on every rules what the owners make. What if the young children ran and bump to customers or waitresses who carried tray full of hot food or drink.... ???

DreamDeaf said:
I have been in a situation where a 2 year old kid threw a fork and it hit me in the face, and at another restaurant, I saw a 4 or 5 year old kid running around fast and then pushing a waitress that was carrying a large tray full of dishes ready to be served...what a mess.

Oh Ouch! Well, my children don't do that. They know their manners to stay in their seat at all times, and for throwing objects They know better than that. But there are times Jordan would be alit too loud, like for example of the long waiting on serving food to us, He would said "Where's my food?!" But, that's just him being a child.

But, what the story really said was, one kid was being fussy and they had to shout out a screamer. That's was really uncall for. They made a big deal out of nothing really. It's just an innocent little voice of a child that gone alit out of hands. But, what can you really do about it? It's the way a child reacted to his/her emotion.

Oh Hush Tousi. :slap:

Back