War on Brats

EyesBlueDeaf said:
As a mother of 2 girls, I think I like the idea of going someplace where I don't have to deal with screaming kids and all. :tears::dance2::squint::smoking::fart::cry::smash: I'd hire sitter to watch my girls, then go out with my partner for a QUIET dinner. Are we bad mommies?

No you are not bad mommy. I see why not if you want to be alone with your partner for a quiet dinner for a break. I'm for it. I do the same as you, too.

EyesBlueDeaf said:
Yes of course I do... BUT I totally respect the restaurant owner. I'll go there without my girls if I want to spend a peaceful time with my partner for 2 hours or so without having to worry about other children not being watch by their parents. If parents let their children to be out of control - take them to Chucky Cheese! Every restaurant doesn't have be be noisy.

:werd:

Cheri said:
4 months old baby was fussing and a staff member had to shout out that they have a screamer? Is that professional?

I agree that it's an arrogant and rude.

What exactly did a 2 years old do? Have anyone heard of "terrible twos?"
When you ask a child at that age to do something the child refuses. Even if we said it nicely the child would say "no!" You know that we all been through that with our children. Let's be honest here.

Yes, I know. It's parent's job to do something to make them quiet like give them toy to play, drawing papers, crackers, drink etc.

The restaurant had at least one high chair? What does that tell you? They don't care about babies. They know babies are loud. They cry they get fussing.

How many high chairs you expect in the restaurant? Do you think the owner should have 10 or more high chairs in his restaurant?

Most of restaurants have only 2 or 3 high chairs. It's my bad luck so I sat my baby/toddler on pram that I can feed them with no problem.

Whoever came up with this (enforcing a child's good behavior) is an idiot.

Disagree

I agree EVERYTHING what you said in your posts. I do not need to take many quotes of your posts to make anything extra here. You said it excellent, Audiofuzzy because it's an exactly same what I doing with my children.

The truth is simple:
If you have good manners, so does your children.
if you don't, not only your children don't either, you'll find a hundred excuses for their terrible behaviour.

VERY TRUE...

I remember when we went to butcher to buy meats and sausages with my young son Alan, that's time Alan was 4 years old. We saw an around 5 years old boy grab the piece of sliced sausages from the butcher without say "thank you". The butcher said nothing and spot us (he knows us well) and then gave Alan one right way front of a mother because he know Alan always said "thank you" in polite way. I can tell a mother's embarrassment impression was like :shock: and then :Oops: after saw Alan. I beleive the butcher do something in general way without say something to offend her.

If you ever watched Nanny 911 or Super Nanny, you should know that a good example from parents, proper discipline and most of all - being CONSISTENT, turns these evil kids into well behaved ones.

yes, we watched every wednesday.

Cheri said:
Well, I never looked at one mother who's baby would get fussing, I would look over and said awww. I don't give them dirty looks or even say something harsh to mother. It is so easy for people to judge when a baby is crying or being fussing. I am not one of those people.

Yes, I can understand. I would not give them dirty looks or whatever. I told my children to not stare them...

I've seen far worst when a child hits a mother and a mother was embarrassed. I feel the mother's pains, but I don't look at them like oh heck that child need professional help. Every child has his or her own way of behaving badly and It's not my place to judge.

But what if their children throw foods, drink or spoon to other table where you and your children are sitting?
If the children tripped to get waitress fall with full of hot tray on you and your children?

What would you say?

But, I guess some of you and I see it differently I have more respect for parents who have kids and I don't tell them how to raise their children either.

Yes, we respect every different displinice of parents on their children but the owner of restaurant has the right to ask them in polite way to not play around in his restaurant, keep them quiet if they scream all the time or whatever... when the owner noticed that the parents do nothing with their children. The owner has the right to expect the parents to do something to make children quiet because it's parent's job. The owner don't care what parent doing with their children OUTSIDE of his resturant.

It's like this you have to walk a mile in their shoe to experience the parent role. And if you already have kids and you are embarrassed of your own child's behavior, That's a pity because that's your child and there nothing to be embarrassed about. A child cannot act like an adult. It's way impossible, no matter how hard you try to straighten up your child.

I agree to Audifuzzy's response post on your post.

Liza said:
Our local supermarket has a mini "playroom" for children while the parents are shopping. I think that works. I remember at this clinic in Hawai'i, named Straub, having toys & a huge play house in the waiting room. We were never bored while waiting.. altho we had to get shots.

Yes, it works. We have playroom for children in any supermarkets while the parents does their shopping.
If we see any restaurants who have playground for the children, then we go...
If my hubby & I want to be alone to go resturant to have a peace and quiet chat then go restaurant without children around.

DreamDeaf said:
I have been in a situation where a 2 year old kid threw a fork and it hit me in the face, and at another restaurant

Ouch, that must hurt!....I'm sorry that happened to ya!...I've seen worse behaviors from children like that myself, and seeing the parents not doing much about it either...quite sad!

Anyways, I can understand where the rest of you are saying here, for myself I wouldn't go to a place where they banner children from going, even if I wanted to go to a quiet dinner with just me and RR, then I'll go somewhere else where every one is welcome inculding children...

But some of you are right, it's HIS place and he can have whatever rules set up at his store whatever he please to, and it's OUR choice if we want to go there or not, it's all up to us.....

That's all I'm going to say on this, and I'm not saying I agree with this either.... :/

^Angel^ said:
But some of you are right, it's HIS place and he can say whatever rules as he pleased, either we go there or not, it's up to us.....

Yes, it's an exactly.

Audiofuzzy said:
A kid to be polite and well mannered

A kid? you're talking about ANY ages right? from 1 to 5 too? if so I've never seen a one or two years olders are poliet and well mannered unless they came from a boot camp?... :dunno:

^Angel^ said:
A kid? you're talking about ANY ages right? from 1 to 5 too? if so I've never seen a one or two years olders are poliet and well mannered unless they came from a boot camp?... :dunno:

I think Audiofuzzy mean is from 3 to 5 years old, not baby to toddler. Yes, it's true the kid can learn only if their parent teach them to.

My children can say "thank you" to any stores after get candies or sliced sausages. I get ice cream for them, they thank the man who served us ice cream... that's time my children were under 5 years old.

Young children can LEARN how to behave in manner way but it's different story if who have ADD or ADHD children. It's very hard to teach them how to behave themselves. My eldest son Danny had ADD, I alway make sure with him in my house before we go out that please be behave in Greek Resturant, we want to go or stores, etc. Promise? He kept his promise... Afterward I praise him for his good behavior at resturant.

Wow, I have never seen a playroom for children in a supermarket!

Oh I know that Liebling, but I wanted to be sure, cause she didn't say the age, so I had to ask! ...

Tousi said:

I have.....And I wish there was one near by too....

^Angel^ said:
Oh I know that Liebling, but I wanted to be sure, cause she didn't say the age, so I had to ask! ...

Okay - I only want to tell you what I know, that's all.

Tousi

Yes, only for big supermarkets and also furniture houses, too.

wow.. supermarket have playroom..

Here doesn't have playroom..

If suppose, we are going to wal-mart or other stores.. You know what my kids doing.. *zoooom dispearing*. while I shopping.. and missing my kid.. I knew they are went to...

Easy find my kids are.. Electric Section(xbox, ps2,gamecube) or.. Goes for Toys Section. When I shopping done... then find my kids. They are doing great behave well.. but... begging me wanna one.. I say no.. wait til your allowance comes in..
My kids reacts really kinda piss'n off w/me.. Too bad!
:D

Audiofuzzy said:
>>It's way impossible, no matter how hard you try to straighten up your child.<<

I wonder if you ever saw any Supernanny or Nanny 911 episodes.

It IS possible to straighten up a child, you just have to know how and most importantly it's the parent who is a role model fo a child so if you act respectfully and you have good manners, your children will to.

If you don't believe me, then may I suggest start observing parents with kids. I am sure you'll pretty soon notice that 99% of cases children mirror their parents.

Fuzzy

Yes, I have seen Supernanny, I am not talking about those type of children that gone bad all the time. Children cannot be 100 percent in perfect manners. they get easily excited, they get easily bored too. Expecting them to sit quietly or concentrate on one thing for a long time is quite unreasonable. You cannot compare children to adults.

Cheri said:
Yes, I have seen Supernanny, I am not talking about those type of children that gone bad all the time. Children cannot be 100 percent in perfect manners. they get easily excited, they get easily bored too. Expecting them to sit quietly or concentrate on one thing for a long time is quite unreasonable. You cannot compare children to adults.

Yes, Nobody compare children to adults because the children need parent´s displinice/supervision... Without parent´s displince/supervision, children would go bad path.

Yes, children cannot be 100% prefect as angel but it´s important to show them what they can or can´t.

Tousi said:
Our local Piggly Wiggly supermarket has a kids' "theater" in the store, set up with comfortable seating and a large-screen TV where they show kiddie movies. Also, they have kid-size shopping carts for the kids to use, to keep them busy, or large carts shaped like cars for the bigger kids to ride in (if they feel to "big" for the baby seats), or double size carts for two kids to ride in. I think some stores are trying to be more "kid-friendly".

Liebling:-))) said:
Yes, Nobody compare children to adults because the children need parent´s displinice/supervision.

Yes, Someone did compare adults and children by saying:

If you have good manners, so does your children.

most importantly it's the parent who is a role model fo a child so if you act respectfully and you have good manners, your children will to.

Which I disagee, Are you saying that if a mother doesn't behave the child is most likely act the same as you? that's not true, because I been raise in an abusive home and I don't abuse my kids. I've seen parents who smoke and drink and their children doesn't. So, really it depends on the person. ;)

When my daughter was little, or when we took our grandsons out, I always made sure that I carried a small "surprise" toy or book for each of them, and a small snack food. Then, if they became bored or restless, I would pull the "surprise" out of my bag and entertain them with it. They were just cheap toys or books (sometimes freebies that I got from fast food restaurants) but to the kids they were something "new" so they were interested.

When I was a kid, my parents always took us to full-service restaurants, never fast food. Two reasons: 1. there weren't any fast food restaurants back then, and 2. my dad always wanted service. He didn't even like to go to buffets or salad bars. (If the restaurant had a salad bar included with the dinner, my dad insisted that the waiter get the salad for him!) Anyway, my brother and I learned real quick how to behave in a formal restaurant. It was no big deal. We knew how to use our napkins properly, which utensils to use, how to open a lobster, what a Roquefort dressing was, etc.

I was a teenager the first time I went to a McDonald's!

Kids need to learn the difference between fast food kid places and fine dining. Fast food places are for play and noise; fine dining is for sitting and polite conversation. Yes, conversation. I don't believe children should be taken to a nice restaurant and be told to just shut up and sit still. They should be included in intelligent adult conversation. That is how they learn to behave in a civilized way. :)

Back