War on Brats

One time, Our family went to Jack Astor's resturant (Very Nice Dine). We were order and waited for our order foods. When My little daughter (that time no little son), She was screaming and cries "FOOD FOOD".. So I waved the waiter, can you bring crackers.. and got crackers. Let my daughter eat it.. make her calm down avoid worst restless and screaming.. Reason We are avoid embrassement front of public while they are eating.. My older son was about 5 yrs old, He is extremelly restless and playing w/fork and spoons *tapping on the table* I asked, politely.. Can you please stop Michael playing w/spoon and fork. He still contuine *tapping on the table*, I took away.. I gave my little son and have nice Orange juice.. Made him drink avoid noise. Finally We got our food order arrived..

Whew... Less the pain...

Got another newest baby boy (last son) total 3 children.. Oh boyee, Pull my hair out really ouch.. We made decision use fast food resturant better.. until they'll behaved improved.. then will going nice resturant..

So far no problem.. Just once in 3 months, we'll be in nice resturant. Good enough!
:D

*Looked long years back* (sigh, I can image what happend about my youngest children were little hyperactive) Now, They are grown big enough.. *whew*

Liebling:-))) said:
I re-read again carefully.

Well, the article says that parents who do not watch their children properly.
Example about laying on the floor to block people who waiting for their coffee, climbing up the poles, etc. etc. What the children doing is unsafety. The owner will be responsible if it´s happened to his/her customers if they tripped and spilling coffee on the child, the child falling off the pole and hurting themselves badly etc.

Yes, the owner has the right to ask parents to take care of their children because it´s parent´s responsible.

I do not against scream and cries because I know they can´t help it - they are babies and toddlers but young children is a different. Young children should learn to show their respect on every rules what the owners make. What if the young children ran and bump to customers or waitresses who carried tray full of hot food or drink.... ???
:gpost:

If a child got hurt at the restaurant the parents would sue the owners. Not fair; the parents need to take care of the kids.

Babies and toddlers cry; that is natural. One of the parents should take the child outside and walk them around if they are restless, or give them a cracker snack if they are hungry, etc., until they are quiet. If the little child can't be quiet, then make that a take-out order.

It is not fair to customers who want a peaceful meal. They don't want to waste their money in a noisey restaurant where kids run around.

I don't know that particular restaurant but I know my local restaurants. If I want a good meal and quiet conversation I don't go to Chuckie Cheese. If I have little kids with me who want to play more than eat, I'll take them to a McDonald's playground, not a fancy restaurant.

Parents need to take the time and effort to train their children how to behave in restaurants. Sadly, many parents themselves don't even know how to behave in a full-service restaurant because their parents didn't teach them!

Tousi said:
Well, hello there, DD!

Aww, it's nice to be missed...

Anyhoo - back to topic. That is what I read also, and I was wondering about the parents that would let their kid lie in the aisle, throw themselves at the display cases and so on and on...ad nauseum.

I do know that little kids will and DO scream...that I expect at family restaurants.

there is another thing...even when you're at a family restaurant, you do expect a fairly nice atomsphere - nothing beats a kid leaning over the booth seat into your area and coughing on your food...a good way to lose a couple pounds.

As a mother of 2 girls, I think I like the idea of going someplace where I don't have to deal with screaming kids and all. :tears::dance2::squint::smoking::fart::cry::smash: I'd hire sitter to watch my girls, then go out with my partner for a QUIET dinner. Are we bad mommies?

EyesBlueDeaf said:
As a mother of 2 girls, I think I like the idea of going someplace where I don't have to deal with screaming kids and all. :tears::dance2::squint::smoking::fart::cry::smash: I'd hire sitters to watch my girls, then go out with my partner for a QUIET dinner. Is that a crime?

Hummm If you're a mother of two then you should know how kids are. :dizzy:

Cheri said:
Hummm If you're a mother of two then you should know how kids are. :dizzy:
Yes of course I do... BUT I totally respect the restaurant owner. I'll go there without my girls if I want to spend a peaceful time with my partner for 2 hours or so without having to worry about other children not being watch by their parents. If parents let their children to be out of control - take them to Chucky Cheese! Every restaurant doesn't have be be noisy.

Miller said that one day when her son, then 4 months old, was fussing, a staff member rolled her eyes and announced for all to hear, "We've got a screamer!"

4 months old baby was fussing and a staff member had to shout out that they have a screamer? Is that professional?

Kim Cavitt recalled having coffee and a cookie one afternoon with her boisterous 2-year-old when "someone came over and said you just need to keep her quiet or you need to leave."

What exactly did a 2 years old do? Have anyone heard of "terrible twos?"
When you ask a child at that age to do something the child refuses. Even if we said it nicely the child would say "no!" You know that we all been through that with our children. Let's be honest here.

"The fact that they had one high chair

The restaurant had at least one high chair? What does that tell you? They don't care about babies. They know babies are loud. They cry they get fussing.

Whoever came up with this (enforcing a child's good behavior) is an idiot.

I agree!

EyesBlueDeaf, You did not read the whole story, Look at my post I quote some of the story that a child/baby did. Now you tell me how is that out of control? :doh:

I for one partly agree with the owners of the cafe. I believe an applause after the noisy family has left speaks volumes.

You can't make a newborn quiet, but you can do everything to try and pacify him. You can remove yourself and your newborn for a while until it quietes down. Out of respect for others. If you have colicky child, consider babysitter. Spare them strange people around you this annoying ruckus. What ever they did to you to deserve to have to listen to your fussy baby?

Why should pple who came to the cafe to have a nice quiet cup of cofee be terrorised to the unruly children.

The truth is simple:
If you have good manners, so does your children.
if you don't, not only your children don't either, you'll find a hundred excuses for their terrible behaviour.

If you know you can't control your kids in public, keep them home. You wouldn't want, for example, some strange kids to repeatedly kick something that would cause vibrations and bother YOU this way...?

Personally I think good manners in society went down the drain some time ago.

On one hand we have more and more disregard to the "etiquette", and on the other the parents who know that you should not spank your kids BUT otherwise completely clueless how to discipline the child. How to compensate "spanking" tool.

If you ever watched Nanny 911 or Super Nanny, you should know that a good example from parents, proper discipline and most of all - being CONSISTENT, turns these evil kids into well behaved ones.

So, it IS possible to have good mannered kids with just an occasional frustration related tantrum. You just need to know how to behave yourself in the first place...

Fuzzy

Well, I never looked at one mother who's baby would get fussing, I would look over and said awww. I don't give them dirty looks or even say something harsh to mother. It is so easy for people to judge when a baby is crying or being fussing. I am not one of those people.

I've seen far worst when a child hits a mother and a mother was embarrassed. I feel the mother's pains, but I don't look at them like oh heck that child need professional help. Every child has his or her own way of behaving badly and It's not my place to judge.

But, I guess some of you and I see it differently I have more respect for parents who have kids and I don't tell them how to raise their children either.

It's like this you have to walk a mile in their shoe to experience the parent role. And if you already have kids and you are embarrassed of your own child's behavior, That's a pity because that's your child and there nothing to be embarrassed about. A child cannot act like an adult. It's way impossible, no matter how hard you try to straighten up your child.

as20-kidssign-1105n_11-20-2005_L99NFLE-2.jpg

The sign said "Use inside voice" .. Any parents should be able to read what it says. If a child screams, she is called as a 'screamer' - not 'inside voice user'. You can argue until your face is blue! :squint: I support the owner 101%!.
thumb.gif

I don't care if kids scream next to me in a restaurant - I am deaf, and I would almost regard it as entertainment if I didn't pity the parents. :lol:

But I draw the line when older kids & adults are being uber-rude and they know it, too. ;)

Our local supermarket has a mini "playroom" for children while the parents are shopping. I think that works. I remember at this clinic in Hawai'i, named Straub, having toys & a huge play house in the waiting room. We were never bored while waiting.. altho we had to get shots.

Cheri said:
I've seen far worst when a child hits a mother and a mother was embarrassed. I feel the mother's pains, but I don't look at them like oh heck that child need professional help. Every child has his or her own way of behaving badly and It's not my place to judge.

Send the SuperNanny to that poor mother's house! ;)

>>>And if you already have kids and you are embarrassed of your own child's behavior, That's a pity because that's your child and there nothing to be embarrassed about. A child cannot act like an adult.<<<

I disagree. If somebody is embarrassed by their child's behaviour, that means they are aware their child is behaving unaprioprately. And there is no excuse for a child who misbehaves.

It's one thing to be "kids be kids" and be a misbehaving, ill-mannered child.. A kid to be polite and well mannered does not have to behave like an adult.

As for noisy newborns, babies - as I've said- I would think twice before taking my new baby to a public place.
I wouldn't mind Chuck'n Cheese where a kids playing and screaming is a given but to some coffee place where not only mothers with children come in but also anyone who need a breather and a cup of coffee, or just talk to friends, then I would consider if my child is peaceful enough to be brought in there.

If I had a fussy baby I'd rather stay home or hire a babysitter.
There is a difference between a baby who occasionally makes a bit of noise and attentive mother, and fussy baby with oblivious mother.

Also, as somebody pointed out we can't hear well, but some people have sensitive ears..
I actually have very sensitive ears on the account of my migraine, despite being hearing impaired.
A single child with high -pitched scream can put me in bed with raging headache pretty quickly.
I wouldn't like to sit next to a screaming baby and I would do that to anyone.

Fuzzy

no kids under 10!

i have my own small shop...a motorcycle shop.
no kids under 10! period!
i do not want to hear " for only five minutes"..in 5 minutes a kid will knock over the gas can, burn himself on a hot motor, then break the glass display when he runs screaming to the mommy who was to watch him...
i have worked in many shops...and i have seen so many bikes tipped over because of daddy not watching.

do you know how long it took to get a ducati seinna ? only a year and a half...you wanna know how long it was on display? with a 3 foot high plexiglass fence?.....46 minutes.....a 6 year old jumped the barrier,climbed the bike, made lots of vvrrrooomm sounds...then shifted his weight ,which moved the bike..and retracted the kickstand.
$27,000of damage to a $150,000 bike.
the kid was fine.

>>It's way impossible, no matter how hard you try to straighten up your child.<<

I wonder if you ever saw any Supernanny or Nanny 911 episodes.

It IS possible to straighten up a child, you just have to know how and most importantly it's the parent who is a role model fo a child so if you act respectfully and you have good manners, your children will to.

If you don't believe me, then may I suggest start observing parents with kids. I am sure you'll pretty soon notice that 99% of cases children mirror their parents.

Fuzzy

>>> $27,000of damage to a $150,000 bike. <<<
:ugh:

Who paid for the damages?

Fuzzy

money

if i remember right it was split between the the shops and the customers insurence companies...took another 3 months to get the replacement parts....

vfr said:
if i remember right it was split between the the shops and the customers insurence companies...took another 3 months to get the replacement parts....

That's why I support and show my respect on the owner's rule and teach my children to respect.

Reba said:
:gpost:

If a child got hurt at the restaurant the parents would sue the owners. Not fair; the parents need to take care of the kids.

Babies and toddlers cry; that is natural. One of the parents should take the child outside and walk them around if they are restless, or give them a cracker snack if they are hungry, etc., until they are quiet. If the little child can't be quiet, then make that a take-out order.

It is not fair to customers who want a peaceful meal. They don't want to waste their money in a noisey restaurant where kids run around.

I don't know that particular restaurant but I know my local restaurants. If I want a good meal and quiet conversation I don't go to Chuckie Cheese. If I have little kids with me who want to play more than eat, I'll take them to a McDonald's playground, not a fancy restaurant.

Parents need to take the time and effort to train their children how to behave in restaurants. Sadly, many parents themselves don't even know how to behave in a full-service restaurant because their parents didn't teach them!

That's exactly what I thought so. That's why I support the any owner's rule, no matter what because it's his restaurant and reputation, he care of and also protect customers, too.

That's about respect, we teach our young children. I would not say to my children "that owner's rule is :crazy: because it teachs children to disrespect.

I know my local restaurants and pick good one and suitable for the children where there're playground for the children. If there're fancy restaurant, we going alone without take children.

Yes, it's important to teach young children how to behave.

Back