vocational rehabilition

Because you said that I could not capable of ivy league level but still students are stubborn to go ivy but they did not get any about english same as me, then studets withdrawal to go another college after flunk class or something.

My dad warned me about attending ivy league school during my senior year of high school.

are you stubborn? did you flunk class? Did you withdraw?

Yes, I was stubborn but I did not flunk classes at cornell, I got 3.4 gpa. I withdrawal from csun.

all above does not matter anymore. All it matters is that you will be graduating from Gallaudet next year with a degree in communication. now get a job.

I believe there's a cap on what VR will actually pay for. I went to an expensive university in California. VR was willing to pay only up to the amount of tuition it would cost to attend UC or state universities. I was held responsible for the rest.

I don't know that VR would fully deny you services if you were actually accepted into a particular school or program.

Perhaps there is also a limit on how many years of support they will offer someone. If VR offered unlimited support, we could all be lifetime students with free room and board.

Vr is not that rich!

Frisky is correct. VR departments have budget cutting. Obviously, you have about 6 years of schooling. FYI, VR pays up to 6 years of tuition, fees, etc for a BS degree.

If you want to continue your education at a IVY league college, you will need to get a job to pay your tuition, fees, etc on your own. Sorry.:roll:

Whew, appreciated how VR managed my tax dollars!

In other thread, if you Majatan keep talking your gonna fail all the way. IVY is not the answer to every damn issues that you got.

If I own a corporation, mind you I don't give DAMN about Ivy league :sure: and I WILL hire those who have working experience and can take care of themselves without needing of outside help.

Here is an example, I had an interview with two possible new employees, one of them from Ivy league and knows nothing about working experience and other one with no degree and 10 years working experience, I would hire that guy with 10 years experience not the one that got BS degree. Welcome to the reality.

So either STFU and start working somewhere or keep talking you will never success.

You know I was disappointed...

VR cannot pay full tuition at ivy league school for deaf and hoh students who interested in attending ivy league school...but it still deafies at there, how they attend? they have own scholarship and other grants but VR cannot support deaf and hoh students at school for the deaf who wanted go ivy instead of gallaudet.

WHY DO VR CANNOT SUPPORT DEAF AND HOH STUDENTS TO ATTEND IVY LEAGUE SCHOOL IF THEY WANT TO BE EXPERIENCE IN DIFFERENT WORLD?

because if students feels gallaudet is not for them which misfit group or education.

Because it is not practical nor cost efficient. VR is not there to help you experience a different world. They are there to get your butt a job. In that order, they will pay for college at the closest, most cost efficient institution available.

Because it is not practical nor cost efficient. VR is not there to help you experience a different world. They are there to get your butt a job. In that order, they will pay for college at the closest, most cost efficient institution available.

Well said! IF he wants to go to IVY league college/university, he has to pay tuition, fees, and etc on his own.

The mission of VR is to provide an education for a deaf student so that student can get a job. It is NOT VR's mission to fulfill anyone's dreams of social status or to find an Ivy spouse. That you have to do on your own dime (or mommy and daddy's dimes).

If your parents want you to get an Ivy League bride, let them pay for it. VR is not a matchmaker service.

I remember going through DVR when I was in college. All their requirements, paperwork, etc is geared toward providing the client with "employ-ability".
Not fulfilling grand desires or escapes.

I remember going through DVR when I was in college. All their requirements, paperwork, etc is geared toward providing the client with "employ-ability".
Not fulfilling grand desires or escapes.
Exactly.

Hey, I just had good talk with friend of mine the other day. He shared me the story which proves that BS degree isn't always the answer.

He said that his dad is now retired from GM, mind you GM is huge corporation yes, General Motors, or you can call it Government Motors... Anyway, his dad used to be an engineer at GM. Guess what he got to get in GM as an engineer? Nope, it is not BS degree as he don't have one! He got in because he got experience working starting at rock bottom, climbing right into engineer dept and got job there with fat salary (over $100K a year) and no BS degree!

He said that BS degree might jumpstart faster but does not guarantee anything.

Also, one of my longtime friend was shocked that I had a good job without any college degree, he told me that the guy I used to be with 25 years ago had complete BS degree 25 years ago and still no job. We suspect that because he refused to start bottom and wants to go straight to the top of the ladder. It didn't work for him, and as of right now STILL unemployed. (Yup, he is Deaf too)

To get nice pay, need to earn it and work for it. That is all it takes.

Hey, I just had good talk with friend of mine the other day. He shared me the story which proves that BS degree isn't always the answer.

He said that his dad is now retired from GM, mind you GM is huge corporation yes, General Motors, or you can call it Government Motors... Anyway, his dad used to be an engineer at GM. Guess what he got to get in GM as an engineer? Nope, it is not BS degree as he don't have one! He got in because he got experience working starting at rock bottom, climbing right into engineer dept and got job there with fat salary (over $100K a year) and no BS degree!

He said that BS degree might jumpstart faster but does not guarantee anything.

Also, one of my longtime friend was shocked that I had a good job without any college degree, he told me that the guy I used to be with 25 years ago had complete BS degree 25 years ago and still no job. We suspect that because he refused to start bottom and wants to go straight to the top of the ladder. It didn't work for him, and as of right now STILL unemployed. (Yup, he is Deaf too)

To get nice pay, need to earn it and work for it. That is all it takes.

to make your BS degree a guarantee - all you gotta do is prove it. Many people don't...

There is no such thing as guarantee attached to BS degree. You could ask any college and university to see if they offer guarnatees. I highly doubt it. you will find one.

to make your BS degree a guarantee - all you gotta do is prove it. Many people don't...

Back