vocational rehabilition

There is no such thing as guarantee attached to BS degree. You could ask any college and university to see if they offer guarnatees. I highly doubt it. you will find one.

I'm pretty sure Jiro's response to you means that he agrees with you...he just used different words....

Yep, just that word Guarantees should never be used when it comes to earn BS degree. However it does improve chances of getting better job which would be better approach instead of using "Guarantee" Because if using term "Guarantee" would give false sense of security to somebody who earns Degree.

I'm pretty sure Jiro's response to you means that he agrees with you...he just used different words....

There is no such thing as guarantee attached to BS degree. You could ask any college and university to see if they offer guarnatees. I highly doubt it. you will find one.

What tousi said.

You believe in working hard for it. That's what I'm saying. Many people don't work hard for it despite of receiving degree. Nobody's interested in lazy people - degree or not.

For those graduating from colleges... many students who worked hard have no problem finding jobs. They're very hire-able. Why? Because it's hard to find good reliable skillful people.

So many useless people.... so few useful people....

Yep, just that word Guarantees should never be used when it comes to earn BS degree. However it does improve chances of getting better job which would be better approach instead of using "Guarantee" Because if using term "Guarantee" would give false sense of security to somebody who earns Degree.

in other word... they're never gonna get a job? ever? :)

It's really a guarantee that they'll get a job after earning a degree.... even as McDonald manager :) Does it have to be a high-paying job? Nah.

Understand what you mean, sometimes people don't get it that is why it is very important to use word carefully.

When you said its guaranteed, then some people *DO* misunderstand and increased their expectation which means when you say guaranteed, then a person said alright let me go to school and get degree.... after 4 years passed, and that person said why I can't get job? I thought you said guaranteed. Get the drift?

I learned in the past that when you said it even with good intention, some people do get wrong idea. That is why choosing word is very important, and it can defend yourself if you say it right.

20 years ago, I asked few successfully people how they made it. They all said same thing, work HARD. I then ask, does it guarantee success, all of them said "No guarantees". I asked why no guarantees? They all simply said, anything can change so future is pretty much unpredictable, so we can't guaranteed anything. After that with experience, I understood what they really mean.

in other word... they're never gonna get a job? ever? :)

It's really a guarantee that they'll get a job after earning a degree.... even as McDonald manager :) Does it have to be a high-paying job? Nah.

Understand what you mean, sometimes people don't get it that is why it is very important to use word carefully.

WHen you said its guaranteed, then some people *DO* misunderstand and increased their expectation which means when you say guaranteed, then a person said alright let me go to school and get degree.... after 4 years passed, and that person said why I can't get job? I thought you said guaranteed. Get the drift?

I learned in the past that when you said it even with good intention, some people do get wrong idea. That is why choosing word is very important, and it can defend yourself if you say it right.

like I said - they have to prove it... by working hard as you said. Just cuz they graduate from college doesn't mean jack. If we were in Clinton Era, yea it was pretty much a guarantee even for a lazy student.

If people still get the wrong idea about college degree = $$$ job... then they're definitely naive and they should learn how to mop the floor to get a dosage of reality.

Yup :cool2:

like I said - they have to prove it... by working hard as you said. Just cuz they graduate from college doesn't mean jack. If we were in Clinton Era, yea it was pretty much a guarantee even for a lazy student.

If people still get the wrong idea about college degree = $$$ job... then they're definitely naive and they should learn how to mop the floor to get a dose of reality.

A degree is useful for satisfying minimum job requirements but it's no guarantee of either getting a job or succeeding in a job. The knowledge and skills that one learns while pursuing a degree can be useful in succeeding at one's career.

Exactly. :cool2:

A degree is useful for satisfying minimum job requirements but it's no guarantee of either getting a job or succeeding in a job. The knowledge and skills that one learns while pursuing a degree can be useful in succeeding at one's career.

Nope. No guarantees. Just changes the probabilities.

The mission of VR is to provide an education for a deaf student so that student can get a job. It is NOT VR's mission to fulfill anyone's dreams of social status or to find an Ivy spouse. That you have to do on your own dime (or mommy and daddy's dimes).

If your parents want you to get an Ivy League bride, let them pay for it. VR is not a matchmaker service.

:ty: :ty: :ty:

My univeristy just says that having degree helps you have wider choice of jobs but not guaranteed to get job. Because some of jobs ask you for degree, and it just gives you more options.

Sigh, I read all of their who has problem with VR. VR won't pay me from Gallaudet University.

I have 7,400.00 student loan. I failed the Gallaudet University. God has plan me go other NTID is better for me. VR won't pay me. Because Government has no money.

But it goes not have review your own background. Because it is your goal what you want to success of college. Many deaf who dream come true. You want to become a doctor, you want to become a Architecture, you want become a business, and etc. I don't care who deaf go to Gallaudet, NTID, and other college.

What you gonna do if VR won't pay. First, you go get complaint file, talk to ADA lawyer, or talk to higher VR management can help you.

Or

If you want to do student loan, you better put in Education investor to help you save money to grow fast after 4 years or so. You will be graduation. You get your save out of your bank. Then you paid all student loan as you need. it will help reduce your money. And find a job. Now happy!

Back