U.S. report: 40 million can't afford health care

yes perfectly. :ty: for painting a grim picture for me. [Mod's Edit - Provoking/Enticing; Comment removed.] :)

You're welcome. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
If uninsured hits over 100 millions in USA then what happen?

It would be health care crisis.

If uninsured hits over 100 millions in USA then what happen?

It would be health care crisis.

Unfortunately, we are already in crisis where heath care is concerned. Some are experiencing more negative effects than others, but it is a crisis, all the same.

Unfortunately, we are already in crisis where heath care is concerned. Some are experiencing more negative effects than others, but it is a crisis, all the same.

How many is uninsured Americans in 1990's and 2000?

How many is uninsured Americans in 1990's and 2000?

THE NUMBER OF UNINSURED AMERICANS IS AT AN ALL-TIME HIGH

Data released today by the Census Bureau show that the number of uninsured Americans stood at a record 46.6 million in 2005, with 15.9 percent of Americans lacking health coverage. “The number of uninsured Americans reached an all-time high in 2005,” said Robert Greenstein, executive director of the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities. “It is sobering that 5.4 million more people lacked health insurance in 2005 than in the recession year of 2001, primarily because of the erosion of employer-based insurance.”

Census data show that 46.6 million Americans were uninsured in 2005, an increase of 1.3 million from the number of uninsured in 2004 (45.3 million). The percentage who are uninsured rose from 15.6 percent in 2004 to 15.9 percent in 2005. The number of children who are uninsured rose from 7.9 million in 2004 to 8.3 million in 2005.

“The increase of 360,000 in the number of uninsured children is particularly troublesome,” Greenstein said. “Since 1998, the percentage of uninsured children has been dropping steadily, from a high of 15.4 percent to 10.8 percent in 2004. The new Census data show that the uninsured rate among children moved in the wrong direction in 2005, rising to 11.2 percent.”

Greenstein warned that matters could get worse. In fiscal year 2007, which begins October 1, children’s health insurance programs in 17 states face federal funding shortfalls totaling an estimated $800 million, equal to the cost of covering more than 500,000 low-income children. Congress has known about the shortfall since early February, when the Administration took note of it and proposed a measure to address it, but Congress has so far failed to act.

“Unless Congress takes action this year to avert the impending shortfall,” Greenstein said, “the increase in the number of children without health coverage is likely to accelerate in the year ahead.”

The Number of Uninsured Americans Is at an All-Time High, 8/29/06

So, the numbers from 1990-2000 would certainly be less than today. And with the unemployments rates continuing to climb, we can expect those numbers to go even higher, as people loose employment based coverage.

just got this magazine in mail

1101090316_400.jpg

The Health-Care Crisis Hits Home
When my brother got sick and his insurers refused to pay, he needed help. After a dizzying, infuriating trip through the system, here's how we found it

the article is quite long so click on the link to read full detail of it. how sad.... :(

Mod note:

This thread is closed for review, posts will be removed. It may be reopen later.

Mod's Note:

The thread has been reviewed and posts that were based on personal attacks, provoking, enticing comments were removed.

Please, Let's get remain on topic and keep the personal attacks out of here.

This thread is re-opened and if chances are for that kind of behaviors to occur again, it will be closed indefinitely; and of course, actions will be taken.

Thank You.

Somebody from Ireland actually managed to move the USA?

Wow.
Now that the thread's unlocked I can finally reply! :P

Ah, you're a quick one Banjo! :rofl:

The man from Eire is a good size but not that big, ha, ha.

Huh?
No I am staying here and I will fight for this country into universal care and u move to other country who does not have it at all.

Exactly. The point is not to abandon this country, but to make it better for all of its citizens.

Huh?
No I am staying here and I will fight for this country into universal care and u move to other country who does not have it at all.
good luck.

Exactly. The point is not to abandon this country, but to make it better for all of its citizens.
yep but not universal healthcare. just "affordable"

Who has a longer lifespan. United States or England? (because of England's healthcare system is why I am asking)

I suppose that would depend on perspective.

yep. we've already seen the EPIC FAIL of universal health care... plus - the concept of Universal Healtcare is un-American. Affordable and competitive healthcare cost makes sense in America. That alone is a good motivator for driving innovation in medical technology advancement and several others. This concept has worked for hundreds of years. that's why we're the economic powerhouse & innovator. :)

Who has a longer lifespan. United States or England? (because of England's healthcare system is why I am asking)

Life expectancy for England is 76.9 years for male, 81.2 years for female.
Life expectancy for U.S. is 75.7 years for male, and 80.8 years for female.

Those can be further broken down into life expectancies based on socio-economic level and race. In the U.S., the expectancy rates drop considerably by socio-economic level, based in part on the fact that members of lower socio-economic groups do not have the same access to health care that higher income groups have.

yep. we've already seen the EPIC FAIL of universal health care... plus - the concept of Universal Healtcare is un-American. Affordable and competitive healthcare cost makes sense in America. That alone is a good motivator for driving innovation in medical technology advancement and several others. This concept has worked for hundreds of years. that's why we're the economic powerhouse & innovator. :)

Equal opportunity is un-American? Not in my America.

Back