U.S. report: 40 million can't afford health care

I dont think people's health should be equated with fillet steak.

Heath care should NOT be a luxury, period!

just an example of blind objectiveness which is dangerous. If you want the poor to have same health care quality as the rich.... then we're in trouble. Again - affordable cost is the key. not equality.

just an example of blind objectiveness which is dangerous. If you want the poor to have same health care quality as the rich.... then we're in trouble. Again - affordable cost is the key. not equality.

Why would that put us in trouble if the poor to have the same health care quality as the rich? If we were saying we will be in trouble if the poor can have the same quality of cars as the rich, then I can understand but healthcare???

Why would that put us in trouble if the poor to have the same health care quality as the rich? If we were saying we will be in trouble if the poor can have the same quality of cars as the rich, then I can understand but healthcare???

1. who's gonna pay for it?
2. do you think this will motivate medical sector to keep innovating?
3. what's the point of equal health care if the poor cannot afford proper/basic necessities? (hence.. my crude example of fillet steak) it's like trying to fix AIDS epidemic in Africa.

3. what's the point of equal health care if the poor cannot afford proper/basic necessities? (hence.. my crude example of fillet steak) it's like trying to fix AIDS epidemic in Africa.

Then make Doctors' salaries equalivant to teachers' salaries and then heathcare would be affordable for all socio-economic groups.. :D

See,here is where I get confused about your point. Because someone is poor, they should not have equal access to health care? That seems to be what you are saying. They can't buy a house anyway, so just let 'em get sick and die.

See,here is where I get confused about your point. Because someone is poor, they should not have equal access to health care? That seems to be what you are saying. They can't buy a house anyway, so just let 'em get sick and die.

so we buy them house, car, food, etc? talk about Utopia....

so we buy them house, car, food, etc? talk about Utopia....

A house, car, and food is not health care. But because they don't own a home or a car they shouldn't be able to have medical care, either?

Good question -- especially since the poor are most likely to need medical and mental health services the most due to the fact that they are generally more prone to illness, etc. than the general population because of an inability to afford good doctors and hospitals.

Jiro,

I sincerely hope that you never find yourself relying on medical programs like Medicaid or Medi-Cal. It's easy for you to say these things when you don't rely on these services like I and many others do.

A house, car, and food is not health care. But because they don't own a home or a car they shouldn't be able to have medical care, either?

it's quite the same in essence. You cannot fix one problem without fixing other problem. It's called COST-BENEFIT ANALYSIS on multifaceted level. Like I said before - my chiropractor said "50% of the problem I can help you.... but for other 50%... you have to do it yourself." Sorry but this is not an utopia where there's world peace, true equality, and everybody wearing leaf on their privates. If you cannot answer all 3 questions with convincing answers in my post #124, then what you ask for is an EPIC FAIL!

Affordable health care makes sense - logically & economically for this issue.

Jiro,

I sincerely hope that you never find yourself relying on medical programs like Medicaid or Medi-Cal. It's easy for you to say these things when you don't rely on these services like I and many others do.

just like people who say they hope you never find yourself relying on food stamps, project shelter, orphan house, etc. It is also easy for you to say that to those who don't rely on it as well because we have to pay for it. Not that I'm saying I don't want to pay for it but I would gladly pay for it if the plan is sound. But universal healthcare in America does not make sense to me.

it's quite the same in essence. You cannot fix one problem without fixing other problem. It's called COST-BENEFIT ANALYSIS on multifaceted level. Like I said before - my chiropractor said "50% of the problem I can help you.... but for other 50%... you have to do it yourself." Sorry but this is not an utopia where there's world peace, true equality, and everybody wearing leaf on their privates. If you cannot answer all 3 questions with convincing answers in my post #124, then what you ask for is an EPIC FAIL!

Affordable health care makes sense - logically & economically for this issue.

So, then, you are saying that unless a person owns a home and has a car, they shouldn't have access to health care, because their quality of life is so low that it doesn't warrant preserving it.

just like people who say they hope you never find yourself relying on food stamps, project shelter, orphan house, etc. It is also easy for you to say that to those who don't rely on it as well because we have to pay for it. Not that I'm saying I don't want to pay for it but I would gladly pay for it if the plan is sound. But universal healthcare in America does not make sense to me.

So I owe my life to the taxpayers of America because you pay for my Section 8 housing and Social Security? What about the taxes I pay?

Giving better healthcare to the rich and not the poor is what I call an epic fail.

So, then, you are saying that unless a person owns a home and has a car, they shouldn't have access to health care, because their quality of life is so low that it doesn't warrant preserving it.

huh? no. That's not what I said at all. if they cannot afford premium care - sorry. What do you say for people who cannot afford DVD player, plasma tv? SORRY! We have assistance program but that's as far as we can go. Again - refer to my chiropractor's advice. and I already acknowledge that medical cost has skyrocketed so high that I have accused them of being Domestic Dissent.

Giving better healthcare to the rich and not the poor is what I call an epic fail.

correction - the rich CAN AFFORD better health care. and a big portion of the rich's tax goes to assistance programs that fund your medical needs :)

huh? no. That's not what I said at all. if they cannot afford premium care - sorry. What do you say for people who cannot afford DVD player, plasma tv? SORRY! We have assistance program but that's as far as we can go. Again - refer to my chiropractor's advice. and I already acknowledge that medical cost has skyrocketed so high that I have accused them of being Domestic Dissent.

Then are you saying that everyone in the U.S. should have equal access to health care? No disrespect, but you are going in circles.

We aren't talking about premium care. We are talking about access to basic medical care.

correction - the rich CAN AFFORD better health care. and a big portion of the rich's tax goes to assistance programs that fund your medical needs :)

Well, they will under Obama.

So I owe my life to the taxpayers of America because you pay for my Section 8 housing and Social Security?
no you don't but it is us we have to pay and I don't believe we should pay much more to take care of rest. How is this any different from Canada and Europe?

What about the taxes I pay?
what about it? you're still taken care for, aren't you?

Back