Twinkies is going out of business !

Status
Not open for further replies.
what a bum out man

did you miss the keyword "multi-disabilities"?

and the fund already allocated for VR cannot be re-allocated for teachers or firefighters.

Yup, that's correct about VR and they received some federal funding (I think you already know). VR offer service, such as job training, education, therapies for hearing loss (speech, sign language, communication), vision loss (cane, guide dog, braille, tactile signing - require strong ASL skill, use technologies that assist with vision loss) and assistances. There are many adults who are late deafened and late blindness received support from VR and sent to training school that give them access to understand the equipment, technologies and communication, so help them to become success and be prepared to deal with disabilities.

My occupation is limited due to multi-disabilities (not deafness) and most jobs that I look, require to have a college degree, so I will have internship too, prior to graduation.

Also, I receive a lot of support from VR too.

Oh, is that why you said Obamacare will not effect you? :lol:

You see, I also have a disability, but I choose to work. And believe me, I would rather work for $10 an hour and earn my own money than take someone else's tax money when I could be working.

I see a LOT of that mentality in the deaf community. .... a LOT!

It was in 19th century, the first steel worker started organized right after a worker got killed inside factory and there was no safety equipment around. Money is also other issues. Today, which is 21st century we got OSHA so safety isn't much of issues with Unions, whats left? Money.

OK i didnt know that historical note...interesting... i was taught about class struggles in Sociology some few years back....bit strange it was never covered!...hmm

Oh, is that why you said Obamacare will not effect you? :lol:

You see, I also have a disability, but I choose to work. And believe me, I would rather work for $10 an hour and earn my own money than take someone else's tax money when I could be working.

I see a LOT of that mentality in the deaf community. .... a LOT!

My post has nothing with Obamacare so stop carry Obamcare from other thread that already moved to political and war section.

Your disability is deafness and you can have job so easily, so there are very little limitation, probably limit on drive in commercial truck or join the military or any jobs that require intensive oral communication (jobs that require phone).

I have other disability than deafness and my job choice is more limited due to vision issues and had issue with work safety at previous jobs. It is already devastated my future plan after I started have vision issue and I'm working on goal, including college and internship, so allow me to meet more occupations and prepared to deal with changes, including blindness.

Did you miss "not deafness?"

Did you miss he said his choice of occupation was limited due to a disability which is not deafness?

Referring to Usher Syndrome and blindness..

Yup, that's correct about VR and they received some federal funding (I think you already know). VR offer service, such as job training, education, therapies for hearing loss (speech, sign language, communication), vision loss (cane, guide dog, braille, tactile signing - require strong ASL skill, use technologies that assist with vision loss) and assistances. There are many adults who are late deafened and late blindness received support from VR and sent to training school that give them access to understand the equipment, technologies and communication, so help them to become success and be prepared to deal with disabilities.

Some of us chose to work instead.

Did you miss "not deafness?"

I'm saying that limited job choice is not because of deafness, so it has with vision.

Did you miss he said his choice of occupation was limited due to a disability which is not deafness?

Referring to Usher Syndrome and blindness..

Yup, that's correct.

You don't understand about how VR works and the VR is helping people with disabilities to be prepared for job or live independently.

You don't understand about how VR works and the VR is helping people with disabilities to be prepared for job or live independently.

I understand perfectly how VR works.

I understand perfectly how VR works.

No, you didn't because I spent a lot of my job to explain to you.

Also, you are late deafened, so that's very different.

so do many people with multi-disabilities but not many people are willing to hire one... hence VR support.

I find it quite comical that some people seem to think it's a free vacation but no. do you know why they would like to work? so they can live better. living off on VR or government support is not quite a luxury. it's limiting.

VR's job is to help one to get a job. plain and simple.

No, you didn't because I spent a lot of my job to explain to you.

Also, you are late deafened, so that's very different.

The level of someone's deafness is totally irrelevant to understanding the VR program and it's purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back