Tropical storm Irene approaches

It seems like all ADers who were in Irene's path came out fine. Wait and see about Beachgirl's home. *crossing fingers* that it is not damaged.

Thank you. That, and my poor car. :(

The house will probably be fine, if messy. Maybe a few shingles missing.

The car - I'm really not so sure about.

18 deaths confirmed. :(
Hurricane Irene leads to 18 deaths - Yahoo! NewsA King William County man killed when a tree fell on him as he was cutting another tree on Saturday night.

What the hell was he thinking? I lost count how many died to trees falling. Wowza!

EDIT: Most outage are caused by tree limbs falling across the lines.

All of those deaths are sad, but I especially feel for the man who died trying to help a child out of a flooded area where there were live electrical wires. The child is now in a hospital. The bit about the man isn't entirely clear, but sounds like he saved this child's life at the expense of his own.

18 deaths confirmed. :(
Hurricane Irene leads to 18 deaths - Yahoo! NewsA King William County man killed when a tree fell on him as he was cutting another tree on Saturday night.

What the hell was he thinking? I lost count how many died to trees falling. Wowza!

EDIT: Most outage are caused by tree limbs falling across the lines.

Wow...all those trees. That was why we all slept in the basement last night even though it was a little flooded. Wasnt sure if my neighbor's trees were going to be able to hold on. Scary stuff.

My heartful condolesences go out to the families of those who were killed.

It seems like all ADers who were in Irene's path came out fine. Wait and see about Beachgirl's home. *crossing fingers* that it is not damaged.

I am really relieved to hear that everyone is fine. I just saw national news footage of the flooding in Brattleboro, VT. That is where I am heading in a couple of weeks, if the town is still standing!:shock:

back from 4 hours of riding in NJ and NYC. what a destruction. so many road blocks and flooded area. many areas lost powers. humongous trees were uprooted. etc.

We went to Hoboken and I think we're in Channel 9 news cuz I saw a cameraman recording us while we crossed flooded street :lol:

I am really relieved to hear that everyone is fine. I just saw national news footage of the flooding in Brattleboro, VT. That is where I am heading in a couple of weeks, if the town is still standing!:shock:

I saw that too! My sister has a rental that got flooded and a damn might break too! I think it Beaver Damn in western Mass. My city it really lucky we got off easy ! Being on the coast is pretty but it does have it down side too.
I get no one else had their ears popping from the storm , it sure feel awful!

All of those deaths are sad, but I especially feel for the man who died trying to help a child out of a flooded area where there were live electrical wires. The child is now in a hospital. The bit about the man isn't entirely clear, but sounds like he saved this child's life at the expense of his own.

Im glad the child will live. I'd do the same thing as the guy did.
Wow...all those trees. That was why we all slept in the basement last night even though it was a little flooded. Wasnt sure if my neighbor's trees were going to be able to hold on. Scary stuff.

My heartful condolesences go out to the families of those who were killed.

:lol: You got scared. :P Im glad you ok and that was smart sleepin' in basement. People need to realize how dangerous a tree can be. This is why I posted the links.

Im glad the child will live. I'd do the same thing as the guy did.

:lol: You got scared. :P Im glad you ok and that was smart sleepin' in basement. People need to realize how dangerous a tree can be. This is why I posted links the links.

Thanks.

At the peak of the storm when the eye was passing us, I saw how his trees were getting blown in different directions and then finding the hole in my 2nd floor bathroom ceiling, it was like all of sudden, I had a very very bad feeling that something bad was going to happen.

Fortunately, only a big chunk of his tree snapped off and landed in my backyard missing my shed and my house. whew!

Just found my old friend is fine. She doen't live near close to any of the major flooding areas and she has power.

Damn! More deaths confirmed.
Hurricane Irene leads to at least 21 deaths - Yahoo! News
Michael Scerarko, 44, was killed Sunday when a tree fell on him in his yard. Scerarko, of Stroudsburg, pushed his son out of the way, but could not get out of the way himself, police said.

YIKES!!!

And to think that someone posted they did not give a F*** about the storm! I wonder what they think now! I did of heard of the latest , my TV was no working for awhile. That is is really sad 21 people dies from the storm. I just heard a woman of drowning when car was washed away by flood water.:(

back from 4 hours of riding in NJ and NYC. what a destruction. so many road blocks and flooded area. many areas lost powers. humongous trees were uprooted. etc.

We went to Hoboken and I think we're in Channel 9 news cuz I saw a cameraman recording us while we crossed flooded street :lol:

Please post pictures

And to think that someone posted they did not give a F*** about the storm! I wonder what they think now! I did of heard of the latest , my TV was no working for awhile. That is is really sad 21 people dies from the storm. I just heard a woman of drowning when car was washed away by flood water.:(

Yes it is terribly sad and tragic when people are killed as a result of nature's fury .... Houses, cars, boats, motorcycles, etc. Can all be replaced. People can't be.

My aunt and uncle, and some cousins live in Brattleboro! I didn't realize it went that far. They live on a mountain in the woods. :eek3:

Please post pictures

no picture. only videos. I have to do some heavy editing because it's a very large, long video.

I'll have to ask my friend to email me pix that he took with his iPhone.

My aunt and uncle, and some cousins live in Brattleboro! I didn't realize it went that far. They live on a mountain in the woods. :eek3:

wow... Brattleboro??? that's very deep inland. I've been there before for Tough Mudder event.

Amazing.... looks like we'll continue to see more and more record-breaking natural events. Last winter was just plain damn brutal of all time. This spring made record-breaking amount of rain. Hurricane Irene made it in very deep. Wondering what's next?

I was surprised that Vermont out of all states on the NE seemed to get the worst of it.

wow... Brattleboro??? that's very deep inland. I've been there before for Tough Mudder event....
Yeah, I've visited relatives in Brattleboro for decades. It's surprising how hard they were hit.

Back