Top 10 Annoying things with your CI

Hmmmm, if the CI goes wireless, does In The Genes's question about blasting at a rock quarry (or any kind of radio-controlled blasting) come back to re-visit us? I'm not at all technical but would this be a problem? I'm guessing it would not. Maybe I'm just trying to find a joke in there somewhere if it were true, lol....

Hmmmm, if the CI goes wireless, does In The Genes's question about blasting at a rock quarry (or any kind of radio-controlled blasting) come back to re-visit us? I'm not at all technical but would this be a problem? I'm guessing it would not. Maybe I'm just trying to find a joke in there somewhere if it were true, lol....

Naw, the key word is frequency...

I often joke with others that I can get some FM radio stations...geez I really wish that was the case!

Naw, the key word is frequency...

I often joke with others that I can get some FM radio stations...geez I really wish that was the case!

My CI already uses an FM receiver adapter. I use it to talk to others at soundcheck or as a headphone to privately listen to my bass. Only if that little sucker can fit in the headpiece...

LOl Cheri your always forgiven you know that by my dearie. As for being able to hear the words in music, I can if I know the song. Still working on my speech recognition here but getting a little better at it.

Question about music can you be able to hear the words in the songs?

apologies for off-topic bearie. *mwah*

Only a few words here and there. That's better than what I got with my HA. I also have poor auditory memory so I can't remember what words I heard very well.

LOl Cheri your always forgiven you know that by my dearie. As for being able to hear the words in music, I can if I know the song. Still working on my speech recognition here but getting a little better at it.

Yea you told me, I was wondering about other CIers since some are vary than the others. ;)

That's interesting deafskeptic, Thanks. ;)

I can if I know the song. I look at the lyrics online and sing along. I am getting to the point of picking up words from songs without lyrics in front of me. I have better auditory memory on the left ear than my right.

I can if I know the song. I look at the lyrics online and sing along. I am getting to the point of picking up words from songs without lyrics in front of me. I have better auditory memory on the left ear than my right.

I have the feeling I could do that if I look up the lyrics online. I have a Police album and I'll have to look up the lyrics and listen to the Police to see how I can follow the song.

At first I couldn't pick words out of songs (you sing differently than you speak - words are more drawn out) but I'm finding that I'm getting better at it now! If I know the words, or its a song I'm familiar with, I can often tell what song it is in the first few opening beats!

At first I couldn't pick words out of songs (you sing differently than you speak - words are more drawn out) but I'm finding that I'm getting better at it now! If I know the words, or its a song I'm familiar with, I can often tell what song it is in the first few opening beats!

ooops I just asked the same question in aother thread - before peeked in here, sorry.

Fuzzy

It is a good question.

Depends on the song. The ones I'm more familiar with I typically get many of the words. Some songs I don't know or somewhat, I will get some of the words. This is a heck of lot better than what I could do with my HA in comparison.

One thing I found fascinating is that many hearing don't know all the words to a song. They will, of course, hear more words than I would but they don't necessarily understand all the words. I had only one hearing friend that I knew who could listen and understand pretty much any song and spit it back word for word. He told me he just had a special talent for it. That was very interesting indeed.

It is a good question.

Depends on the song. The ones I'm more familiar with I typically get many of the words. Some songs I don't know or somewhat, I will get some of the words. This is a heck of lot better than what I could do with my HA in comparison.

One thing I found fascinating is that many hearing don't know all the words to a song. They will, of course, hear more words than I would but they don't necessarily understand all the words. I had only one hearing friend that I knew who could listen and understand pretty much any song and spit it back word for word. He told me he just had a special talent for it. That was very interesting indeed.

I remember talking about understanding songs with one hearing guy years ago. He was like why did I listen to music if I didn't understand the words? I told him I liked the sounds. I asked him if he understood all the words to the songs he listened to on the radio and albums (this was before iPods). I'll never forget the sheepish look I got. I remember being surprised too. I had alway thought the hearing got all the words in songs till that day.

About songs - I love the direct cable connect with my CI. I also found I can use the ipod headphones(think called buds) with my CI. I just turn it a little and my t-mic picks it up. So at least it does not take 15 minutes to wire for sound.

Oh, my daughter does not know the words to songs. When she wears my ipod, she sings the craziest stuff. Friday afterschool, I gave my ipod to her and her friend. They put in a song from high school musical 2, in which they have seen a good 20 times, and they bombed on the lyrics. My friend, Nessa, and I just sat there and laughed. What a memory!

I have the feeling I could do that if I look up the lyrics online. I have a Police album and I'll have to look up the lyrics and listen to the Police to see how I can follow the song.

Follwowing lyrics can be tricky! As a hearing person, there are several artists that I have trouble understanding. I also do lyric printouts for some of the songs my nephew's R&B band covers, and oftentimes, depending on the website, the lyrics are not correct. So it just goes to show that even us hearies don't always get those lyrics right by listening! The most important thing is enjoying the experience of the music.

Follwowing lyrics can be tricky! As a hearing person, there are several artists that I have trouble understanding. I also do lyric printouts for some of the songs my nephew's R&B band covers, and oftentimes, depending on the website, the lyrics are not correct. So it just goes to show that even us hearies don't always get those lyrics right by listening! The most important thing is enjoying the experience of the music.

Thanks for the info .. Sometimes,even I dream of having 'super' hearing beyond normal hearing ... What I expect from a CI is that I don't want to waste all my efforts on lip reading.. there are many cons about CI but I will prefer being able to spend my energy on other things in life rather than focusing on lips :|

Back