Top 10 Annoying things with your CI

Not all CI's have rechargable batteries either. And I have yet to find a standard 675 hearing aid battery that is rechargable. Some of those CI's use standard 675 hearing aid batteries.

hmm, I had a rechargeable 675 system when I was in high school almost 20 years ago, I assure you there is one.... it was about an inche and a half long, with a sliding lid, and then the power plug to plug directly in the wall. It worked, but I didn't appreciate needing to change my rechargeables every day, and often forgetting to throw in the charger...... for 20 years now, I prefer disposeable in my HA.... they often last a week or more...

I would not mind wearing a special headband (or whatever) at nights, say, twice a week, to recharge an internal battery. I would also not mind going in for battery replacement surgery every 4 to 5 years -- I'm sure they'll have it designed in such a way that replacement will be simple, quick, and far less invasive than implanting the receiver behind the ear. Every 4 to 5 years would be fine by me.

hmm, how about a little magnetic colar panel you wear for 30 minutes a day to charge up the internal batteries? lol. that would work too.... or just leave the panel on all day to make people ask what it's for... could use the extra battery output to run some flashing LED's off various parts of our face..... you'd be a huge hit at hallowe'en or at parties!

Imagine neon lights strobing from your nostrils to the beat/rhythm of the song! :)

Realistically, if such a thing became possible.... I wouldn't care if the battery was external and connected by a magnet the way the current processors do... we're talking about SIZE here. I think todays CI processors look to be too big... It's like comparing my analog HA to the new digital stuff coming out.... getting smaller and smaller...

I have several annoying things but this one take the cake

Leaving house in a rush to meet a friend or family member at a movie theatre and during the movie the CI goes dead and you forgot to bring a spare battery.

I have several annoying things but this one take the cake

Leaving house in a rush to meet a friend or family member at a movie theatre and during the movie the CI goes dead and you forgot to bring a spare battery.

That's what you need your handbag for (I think you call this a purse in the US). I always keep several packs of batteries on me in a ziplock bag inside my handbag :)

There are good things about being a woman sometimes!

But if you are a man then I would suggest a battery holder to go on your keyring.

But if you are a man then I would suggest a battery holder to go on your keyring.

Works for me! I keep a set of spares at work and I keep a set on my keyring. Never been in a situation yet in the last three years that I had no batteries.

Of course, the big trick is to always remember to replenish your spares...:whistle:

Good advice Srs and R2D2 mine are rechargeable so dont have to carry the batteries with me. That is one BIG plus to having the Hi Res 90 K system!

Good advice Srs and R2D2 mine are rechargeable so dont have to carry the batteries with me. That is one BIG plus to having the Hi Res 90 K system!

I'm glad rechargeables work for you. I'm not so gungho on them given problems I have with them on various other electronic devices. About the only two that I've seen them work right is my cell phone and my mp3 player (well I have had that for over a month so time will tell).

1, Change the batteries
2, The batteries doesn't take very long ( only about 2 and a half days)
3, Sometimes my magnet on my head sometimes came off when I playing sports esp cricket
4, Can't swim or even shower with speech processor on Lol

I do not have much issues with my implant but im far happy with it

Back