Those who decide not to get a CI

Careful, Jillio. He just might have a crush on you like he does on another poster. :lol: ;)

OMG!!!! **jillio checking to make sure all doors are locked tight!**:lol:

mrs bucket: First: A brief discussion for about 10 minutes re closing the class in 2 years. That is correct. No i didn't study the history of danforth re deaf/hearing impaired[- i have no reason to do so. No i didn't query whether asl was used or not. As i mentioned a classroom b26 was used to teach swing/latin american dances which is why i was there in the first place. The teacher asked me about my cochlear implant and how long i had it. Did i think it helped? It was parents night which why he was in his class. There were no students there. Sorry i didn't it is necessary to consult you about this brief visit!
Nss is northern secondary-roehampton & mt pleasant. I have been there many times. Ironically. Went to my last intro asl class in 1997 there.
Whether you personally agree with me re cochlear implant is irrelevant to me. Why is your distorted opinion of concern to me? Are you like jillio with delusions of grandiosity pontificating away? The implant operation happened july 12. 2007-i wasn't a member alldeaf.com then. I joined in july 2010! Considering some the drivel spouted-perhaps a good thing!
Most people have identity/personality prior to becoming hearing impaired or deaf. It doesn't change-however one deals with it- may! Ignore?incorporate change to the one's new reality. Perhaps jillio can explain if it possible for one not to have a personality? Not sure how that subject can fit here in alldeaf.com?
Prior to getting my implant i was classified as having a "profound loss"- 85 db over 30 years till i became bilaterally deaf in 2006. I had a phonak bte ll6.
Sorry to read you have sjorens.
Back to your sabbatical after your gross misreading on my short visit at danforth-deaf/hearing impaired class. So you don't get excited-tomorrow i am going to jimmie simpson swimming pool -queen street toronto- and practice deaf swimming. Real quiet!

Implanted advanced bionics-harmony activated aug/07

++1

deafdyke: perhaps in your section of the world schools don't have "adult" course unrelated to education which are offered at night. They do here in Toronto. This has been going for a long time.Dance classes/computers whatever. One has to pay for going which is usually 7 to 9.00pm. The winter courses start in a couple of weeks.
I have a "crush" on another poster-male or female?? Amusing- reality I don't know anyone here!
What next?

Implanted Advanced Bionics-Harmony activated Aug/07

sallylou: correct considering the extended reading into some of my comments which are completely- pure "figments of imagination"! Why?

ASL used to be taught at Night school-still? Will check the catalog next time in the library.

Last edited:
ASL used to be taught at Night school-still? Will check the catalog next time in the library.

Why are you concerned? You have already stated that you have no need for it.

Jillio to pass on that information they might still be teaching ASL in Night school here in Toronto-winter session- to the apparent amazement of deafdyke.I am not taking the ASL. The reasons given then(1997) as still relevant today!
According to the winter 2011 listing" Sign Language" is taught in only one school-Northern Secondary-sign language beginner's level 2 Nine weeks 2 hour classes. $122.( seniors over 60 $61) page 27. website:learn4life.ca

Last edited:
Jillio to pass on that information they might still be teaching ASL in Night school here in Toronto-winter session- to the apparent amazement of deafdyke.I am not taking the ASL. The reasons given then(1997) as still relevant today!

Then why do you feel the need to jump into any discussion involving ASL? We know you believe you don't need it. Fine. Leave it alone, then.:cool2:

DrPhil - just to let you know - none of our Adult Ed classes in this whole school district will be offering ASL classes. It seems, out of 37 school (20 high schools or tech schools) I was the only person who signed up for any of the ASL classes. That 37 schools, 20 spots for each (740 spots) and only 1 was signed up and paid for. Seems people around here don't feel the need for ASL. That's too bad. There are others who really do want it, but can't afford the classes in the economy. All classes were $85-$115 for 8 weeks.

Kristina, I can't believe that none of the community colleges have a program for training interpreters.

Kristina, I can't believe that none of the community colleges have a program for training interpreters.

Don't know if Palm Beach State College has anything. I can't navigate their website. I was just talking about plain old ASL classes.

Around here, there is this: Palm Beach County Colleges and Universities

More than I thought, but some I've never heard of.

Does your state have a tuition waiver for deaf people? That would help if you want to take any classes at any state college.

Does your state have a tuition waiver for deaf people? That would help if you want to take any classes at any state college.

Not that I have heard about. I don't know where to find that info. The deaf service center doesn't know, the school board is worthless for info, and I don't know where else to check. When you try and call the colleges, they are noting but automated and you never get a live person. The relay team has tried for me at least 15 times.

I found that a waiver exists but only for employees of the state. Not helpful.

Kristina, this might be helpful:

DHH Parent Support Group & Sign Language Classes

Scheduled meetings on selected Thursday nights from 6:30 – 8:00 pm at the Fulton-Holland Education Service Center at 3300 Forest Hill Blvd. West Palm Beach, FL 33406

Deaf and Hard of Hearing

Kristina, this might be helpful:

DHH Parent Support Group & Sign Language Classes

Scheduled meetings on selected Thursday nights from 6:30 – 8:00 pm at the Fulton-Holland Education Service Center at 3300 Forest Hill Blvd. West Palm Beach, FL 33406

Deaf and Hard of Hearing

Thanks Sallylou - I will check on it tomorrow.

Back