The Tea Party are RACIST!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was the first thing I turned up that confirms her association with the Tea Party and the GOP.

Marilyn Davenport, tea party activist and Republican should resign over racist “ape” photo of Obama - Arizona Hispanic Republicans

I'm referring to the articles and webpages that were created prior to the scandal. So far, I have found her name on the GOP website for OC... but no pictures of her. I did find one picture of her though somewhere on Google. There don't seem to be much on her.

My post is just refer to Reba, not you. :lol:

Marilyn Davenport is just self-identified as tea party activist and that why media just say Tea Party so they love to mess with word.

**nodding**

I'm referring to the articles and webpages that were created prior to the scandal. So far, I have found her name on the GOP website for OC... but no pictures of her. I did find one picture of her though somewhere on Google. There don't seem to be much on her.

Nope. She seems to be grabbing her 15 minutes of fame.:giggle:

You do realize that is an online "entry" (opinion submission) and not a hard news story?

And? Evidently, Marilyn was not worthy of a hard news story until she became embroiled in the controversy of forwarding a racially motivated e-mail.:lol:

TWO MINUTES HATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DEATH TO EMANUEL GOLDSTEIN!!!! :lol:

One thing that complicates the video you posted is the fact that all the racial epithets are coming from another black man. The comments are still racist, no doubt, but they are a different type of racism than what we saw with the Obama/chimp picture. Regardless, I denounce them just the same. Comments like that have no place in civil discourse.
Awesome. I figured I could count on you to do the right thing.

Agreed.

There are thousands of racist rants across the internet that are done in the name of politics. Nobody wins using this tactic. NOBODY.
I'm not interested in the individuals so much. I'm more interested in other people's reactions. If the people who denounce Marilyn Davenport also denounce this, it shows they're sincere and consistent. If people who are outrageously outraged about Marilyn Davenport can't seem to muster any outrage about this, then, well, they're hacks. If people try to use Marilyn Davenport to condemn the whole tea party movement or Republican party but say about these guys, "well, that's bad, you can't blame the whole activist left for the actions of a few", then they're hacks, too.

Awesome. I figured I could count on you to do the right thing.

I'm not interested in the individuals so much. I'm more interested in other people's reactions. If the people who denounce Marilyn Davenport also denounce this, it shows they're sincere and consistent. If people who are outrageously outraged about Marilyn Davenport can't seem to muster any outrage about this, then, well, they're hacks. If people try to use Marilyn Davenport to condemn the whole tea party movement or Republican party but say about these guys, "well, that's bad, you can't blame the whole activist left for the actions of a few", then they're hacks, too.
And that includes me. It is ridiculous to announce that a group is racist/sexist/homophobic because of the unsanctioned actions of a member. I don't think the Republicans or the Tea Party movement are any more racist than any other popular political group is. It would be like thinking all teachers are drunk drivers because a couple are caught.
Relax 'dog, I got your back here. :wave:

And that includes me. It is ridiculous to announce that a group is racist/sexist/homophobic because of the unsanctioned actions of a member. I don't think the Republicans or the Tea Party movement are any more racist than any other popular political group is. It would be like thinking all teachers are drunk drivers because a couple are caught.
Relax 'dog, I got your back here. :wave:
Oh, I don't expect hackery from you. You've had your head screwed on tight all along with this sort of thing.

WOW! One Tea Party activist FORWARDED an email and now the ENTIRE party is racist and trying to start a "race riot" :laugh2: Perhaps the intent of the picture was to make fun of his ears. People did it to W and Ross too.

Posts that exaggerate like the OP make me sick.

Did you read this "Now you know why no birth certificate" ? The photo is saying Obama has or birth record because he is a chimpanzee! People been saying this about Black people for hundreds of years and to see some racist pig send an email like this today is disgusting! The tea part has not gotten rid of this chairperson yet , so I say the tea party is racist for allowing this person to still be a part of their party! If the tea party keep on sending racist emails out it will stir up anger! The tea party is not about uniting people together when they allow this kind of trash to be send out!

Did you read this "Now you know why no birth certificate" ? The photo is saying Obama has or birth record because he is a chimpanzee! People been saying this about Black people for hundreds of years and to see some racist pig send an email like this today is disgusting! The tea part has not gotten rid of this chairperson yet , so I say the tea party is racist for allowing this person to still be a part of their party! If the tea party keep on sending racist emails out it will stir up anger! The tea party is not about uniting people together when they allow this kind of trash to be send out!

Do you have PROOF that the TEA party sent it out??? Also how would the TEA party throw out a GOP official? :lol:

Do you have PROOF that the TEA party sent it out??? Also how would the TEA party throw out a GOP official? :lol:

That's the thing: you don't need proof. If this was an inside smearing job, I can think of more effective ways to end a career. That this got out just lets people know the kind of person purportedly representing them. She is toast.

That's the thing: you don't need proof. If this was an inside smearing job, I can think of more effective ways to end a career. That this got out just lets people know the kind of person purportedly representing them. She is toast.

Bingo.

... The tea part has not gotten rid of this chairperson yet , so I say the tea party is racist for allowing this person to still be a part of their party! If the tea party keep on sending racist emails out it will stir up anger! The tea party is not about uniting people together when they allow this kind of trash to be send out!
She's not a chairperson of Tea Party so they can't get rid of her.

The Tea Party didn't send out the email.

I wonder what the big deal is for those claiming the Tea Party is "no big deal".

Where is the proof that Davenport intended this email to be a racist one? What I see is the pot calling the kettle black (no racist comment intended by the word "black" its just an old expression and is not racially motivated at all). When Democrats depict a sitting President as a monkey, its obviously "ok" and not as evil and sinister as when a Republican makes the same exact depiction of a sitting President.

People like Jason Levin really try to streeeeeeetchhhhh the truth don't they?

I do not see any connection to Tea Party = more racist than a typical political movement. I think they are mostly against taxes, not blacks or Hispanics. You could probably find racists in the most liberal groups. You could probably find atheists in the most conservative groups. And so on. Being a member of a group does not prevent personal prejudices. Most people are like-minded in a group of this nature, but not 100%. Bad apples abound in our world, like it or not.

Well, you're conflating "any membership at all" with "more likely to contain certain membership". I agree that the primary political aspect of the Tea Party is "TAXES IS EVIL". However, just because you can find a few outliers doesn't mean that certain groups don't tend to attract certain types of people. Nothing prevents an atheist from being a conservative, but you're still far more likely to find someone religious in a group of conservatives than you are in a group of liberals, because the modes of thinking that would incline someone to be religious have some overlap with the modes of thinking that might incline someone to be conservative.

I simply said that I was undecided if the average Tea Party member was any more likely to be a racist than a member of any other major political party.

jillio said:
Any proof of that?

Oh come on. Nobody actually thinks the Tea Party itself was directly involved with this in any way, it was simply a self-identifying member. An argument should not be war, and admitting that someone who disagrees with you might have at least one accurate specific point doesn't mean that you lose the argument.

Steinhauer said:
I wonder what the big deal is for those claiming the Tea Party is "no big deal".

Where is the proof that Davenport intended this email to be a racist one? What I see is the pot calling the kettle black (no racist comment intended by the word "black" its just an old expression and is not racially motivated at all). When Democrats depict a sitting President as a monkey, its obviously "ok" and not as evil and sinister as when a Republican makes the same exact depiction of a sitting President.

Willful ignorance doesn't make you right. It's already been pointed out, numerous times, what the difference is, and it has nothing to do with Democrat vs Republican. If the Republicans had elected Colin Powell and a Democrat made this same image with his picture, it would be just as racist as it is with Obama, and pretending like there's nothing racist about the contents just makes you sound ignorant.

And really? You're claiming that using the descriptor of "black" is both racist, and at an equal level to depicting an African American as a monkey? Black or African American? - The data does not agree with you.

People like Jason Levin really try to streeeeeeetchhhhh the truth don't they?
Do you think it was prudent for someone with a political position (GOP) to forward such an email? I don't think it's wise for anyone with a political position to forward any emails that mock a sitting President. It says something about that person's judgment.

I wouldn't forward that email (and I'm a nobody in the political realm). Would you?

On the other hand, I wouldn't perceive the email to be an indictment of an entire political movement either.

I'm more bothered by the fact that Davenport proclaims herself to be a Christian and yet found the email amusing enough to share with others. I hope no one takes that to mean that all Christians are racist. What she did also destroyed her personal Christian testimony.

This is why we all need to think twice before clicking the send button. Is the supposed humor of an email worth the harm it might cause?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back