The Tea Party are RACIST!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, there's a racist idea if ever I saw one!:lol:

Well, there's a racist idea if ever I saw one!:lol:
lol!! I consider myself very much not a racist. My friends come from all different ethnic groups. I just see people from both sides of it. Some hate colored people even if they are the nicest people in the world, where others wouldn't even consider not liking a colored person if they were stealing candy from children because they are worried about being considered a racist.

But in this case, the receiver also forwarded. Would you do that with an email you found offensive? I wouldn't. I'd delete it.

Not just deleted it, but asked the person sending me these things to refrain from doing so. He liked to send me "nekkid wimmin" and anti-Obama stuff like the picture mentioned at the beginning of the thread. I assume he still sends these kinds of things, but not to me. :ty:

Do you have PROOF that the TEA party sent it out??? Also how would the TEA party throw out a GOP official? :lol:

"***UPDATE 4/19*** Tea activist and OC County GOP official Marilyn Davenport has apologized for sending out a racist image of President Obama"
This is with the photo!

"colored"?

The poster must be in his 50's. :giggle:
I have not heard that term for a long time. Kind of like the word "Negroes." I only see that in old MLK quotes.

"***UPDATE 4/19*** Tea activist and OC County GOP official Marilyn Davenport has apologized for sending out a racist image of President Obama"
This is with the photo!
But it does not indict the entire movement because they have one member with a bad sense of humor. How do people connect the dots to classify the entire group guilty based on one person? If that were the case, Dems and Reps better run for the hills with all the sexual crimes, embezzlement, tax evasion, and so forth that is committed on both sides of the aisle. Nobody gets away. Because Nixon had probably known about Watergate, every single Republican is guilty of burglary. Because Clinton committed adultery and lied, every Democrat is an adulterer and liar.

OK, see if you can find the "less guilty" party. :wave:

LOL actually I'm in my teens!! I guess in Minnesota it's more common! I'm actually surprised you guys haven't heard the term before. Don't know about other places, but around here it's considered "more polite" I guess you could say "Dontcha know?" xD

The poster must be in his 50's. :giggle:
I have not heard that term for a long time. Kind of like the word "Negroes." I only see that in old MLK quotes.
I'm 60 and I recall people of my parents' generation using that term. Also, people in other countries use the term sometimes to refer to people of mixed race. In the USA, though, it's not an acceptable term except in the NAACP.

During the 60's, Negro was the most accepted term. Towards the end of the decade, Afro-American and Afro became popular terms. "Black power" and "black is beautiful" were also used a lot.

LOL actually I'm in my teens!! I guess in Minnesota it's more common! I'm actually surprised you guys haven't heard the term before. Don't know about other places, but around here it's considered "more polite" I guess you could say "Dontcha know?" xD
Wow, you guys are only about half a century behind the times!

I'm 60 and I recall people of my parents' generation using that term. Also, people in other countries use the term sometimes to refer to people of mixed race. In the USA, though, it's not an acceptable term except in the NAACP.

During the 60's, Negro was the most accepted term. Towards the end of the decade, Afro-American and Afro became popular terms. "Black power" and "black is beautiful" were also used a lot.
I sadly recall watching "Amos and Andy" on TV. Imagine if they put that on the air now. :shock:

Wow, you guys are only about half a century behind the times!

Well, not all Minnesotans are created equal. I lived there for over 45 years, and I missed the "colored" word usage.

lol!! I consider myself very much not a racist. My friends come from all different ethnic groups. I just see people from both sides of it. Some hate colored people even if they are the nicest people in the world, where others wouldn't even consider not liking a colored person if they were stealing candy from children because they are worried about being considered a racist.

I have Black friends and they would call you a racist for saying "colored people "!

Uh oh. Just a warning, but certain people will probably jump all over you for that (not that you did anything wrong). You see, in the crazy topsy-turvey world we live in, there are actually people who believe that if you're accused of racism and you deny it, your denial is proof that you're racist. I guess you're supposed to agree that you're a racist. Then, that'll be proof that you're not a racist. Or something. The rules aren't exactly clear.*

So when someone says "Aha! You denied your racism! That means you're a covert racist!", I advise you just assume they're on meth and move on.

*By the way, the rules don't apply if you have even a tiny bit of black ancestry. In that case, denying your racism means you're not a racist.

(By the way, I don't really think you hate black people. I just enjoyed the irony.)

I agree that the whole Tea Party movement shouldn't be pilloried because of the actions of one person who has some kind of vague connection with the organization.

The Flynt case was about the legality of publishing and distributing whatever. It wasn't about the prudence of publishing and distributing the material. It wasn't about publishing and distributing the material and being exempt from criticism or scorn.

Davenport had the free speech right to forward the email. She doesn't have the right to do it and then expect no criticism for the act. She'll have to take her lumps for such a stupid act.

Personally, I find all portrayals of Presidents as chimps to be low class.

I'm afraid the Davenport email picture does add an element of racism because it shows Obama as not just having chimp-like characteristics as other Presidents from the past but also having chimp parents. That goes beyond characteristics and into actually being less than human.

Of course it is low class ... but legal. It is legal because no reasonable person would actually believe that Obama is a chimp. No reasonable person would believe his parents were chimps.

There was no malicious, libelous or slanderous attempts in the e-mail. It was simply "low class".

Racism, on the other hand, has a malicious intent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back