The Lounge thread: Whatever you feel like......... Anything goes! Part XV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jamielynn, I like your new kitty avatar. :aw:

Thanks... with lots of free-time available at night I had some time to download a few. There are quite some cute kitty avatars on the net :D

Gotta stopwatching the clock...gotta stop watching the clock...gotta stop watching the clock..

oh that's adorable picture loghead! I think those kind of dogs are adorable as well.

*sighs* It's official... I'm a night person instead of day person... bad I know. My sleep cycle is completely out of wack, I mean I go to bed around six or six thirty in the morning and don't get up until like two or three in the afternoon.... I know it's terrible... it's driving me nuts about this! Also I found out that my neighbor who's a friend of mine that lives above me, has same problem as I do with sleeping... she would be up until five or six in the morning and get up around one or two in the afternoon. What's even more insane is that she has kids as well, one girl that's same age as my son and another girl who's only one. We would get together middle of the night to chat, or even keep each other company. Do u have any idea that would help us get back to normal cycle of human beings of sleeping?

melatonin.... cheap $5 bottle at any store

or...... get a prescription for sleeping pills

I was invited to Sir James Whitney School for the Deaf today for a deaf event in November. They were inviting all the mainstreamed students in the area who are deaf and HOH. I'm not exactly sure what their intentions are. :hmm: Maybe they are trying to recruit more students? Normally they just accept profoundly deaf students, and I am moderate-severe. I love my public school, so I wouldn't dream about switching. It would take place throughout the weekend and apparently it is completely free. If it was closer in proximity, I would probably consider it more, but it's in Belleville which is about 2 and a half hours away from here.

I was invited to Sir James Whitney School for the Deaf today for a deaf event in November. They were inviting all the mainstreamed students in the area who are deaf and HOH. I'm not exactly sure what their intentions are. :hmm: Maybe they are trying to recruit more students? Normally they just accept profoundly deaf students, and I am moderate-severe. I love my public school, so I wouldn't dream about switching. It would take place throughout the weekend and apparently it is completely free. If it was closer in proximity, I would probably consider it more, but it's in Belleville which is about 2 and a half hours away from here.

But your town is small with very few deaf people right?

I think you should go and you may be surprised at how much fun you have. Like a free mini vacation.

I think you should go and you may be surprised at how much fun you have. Like a free mini vacation.

I agree. Even though there are many deaf people near me, I had a mini-vacation (also business trip) to Seattle and attended its DPHH. It was awesome. You'll have good time! :cool2:

I agree with bott and jiro. Loghead, i think that would be awesome for you to meet the diverse people. This would be beneficial to your social networking in the future.

if you plan to go, then have fun!

Go socialize! If you make friends, you can easily visit again on weekends.

oh that's adorable picture loghead! I think those kind of dogs are adorable as well.

*sighs* It's official... I'm a night person instead of day person... bad I know. My sleep cycle is completely out of wack, I mean I go to bed around six or six thirty in the morning and don't get up until like two or three in the afternoon.... I know it's terrible... it's driving me nuts about this! Also I found out that my neighbor who's a friend of mine that lives above me, has same problem as I do with sleeping... she would be up until five or six in the morning and get up around one or two in the afternoon. What's even more insane is that she has kids as well, one girl that's same age as my son and another girl who's only one. We would get together middle of the night to chat, or even keep each other company. Do u have any idea that would help us get back to normal cycle of human beings of sleeping?
Since TheWriteALex said about watching to many vampire mpvies -- you can blame me :P

Yes, it is small and with very few deaf people. The only other person in my school who is "deaf" is another guy in 9th grade who never wears his hearing aids who is most likely mild-moderate because he can go without his. He's also really weird. :lol:

Thanks to everyone for their input! I appreciate it! :)

I am definitely not going to veto the idea just yet, but I am really not sure right now. It sounds like a good idea, but I'd like to know exactly would be in store for me if I was to go. Just like an idea of what their plans are and where I'd stay. The deaf school didn't really give me much information... they just said basically what it was (a social event for the deaf & HOH and that it was completely free) and gave me a sign up sheet. I'm the type of person that needs to know these things ahead of time. I don't have much spontenaity (sp?) in me.

Ah cool, I would advise you go and check it out for the weekend, as I did went to Sir James Whitney School for the Deaf.

I only went there for a year during a student exchange. It was a good experiences. :)

Ah cool, I would advise you go and check it out for the weekend, as I did went to Sir James Whitney School for the Deaf.

I only went there for a year during a student exchange. It was a good experiences. :)

You went to Sir James Whitney!? :shock: I love going to Belleville... I have family there. :) I also have a friend that either is going to or has finished going to Sir James Whitney. I think that the old teacher of the deaf & hard of hearing for my region also used to teach there.

I think that is a good thing that the school is doing that. A chance to meet more deaf kids.

:wave: good nite, ya'all! you too kokonut. It's been hell of a night! :cool2:

wait a min... why am I wearing sunglasses to bed? :dunno:

I don't want to go to work tomorrow... I'm like a zombie... earlier when I drove home my brain was like... "You have to brake"---- notice the looong reaction time until I actually started stepping onto the brakes :( I'm actually still in shock! I think I'll try to get an early sleep tonight...

I can't wait until this Thanksgiving weekend. :) It's been a mentally exhausting week.

Has had a busy couple of days helping my mum look after our new addition to the family, a cute 18 month old foster child!! We also have an 8 year old who's been here a while so I am helping her out a lot :)

It's my 9 year review at the CI centre tomorrow!!

I was looking up funny basset pics and I found this one... I would love to take a picture of my dogs doing this! :lol: (The basset in this picture actually looks like an adult version of one of my pups).

Animal-Funny-0004.gif

*The picture is of a basset hound in front of a fan enjoying the cool breeze while his/her ears fling backwards in the wind*

Ha ha ha... I love this picture. I am going to send this to my friend who happens to have two Basset hound dogs.
Thanks so much, Loghead!

Has had a busy couple of days helping my mum look after our new addition to the family, a cute 18 month old foster child!! We also have an 8 year old who's been here a while so I am helping her out a lot :)

It's my 9 year review at the CI centre tomorrow!!

Congrats on your new addition to the family, DeafLissa! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back