The Bible Says Earth is Flat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beowulf said:
Cool. We gotta believe earth is flat or we go to hell.

http://www.albawabaforums.com/read.php3?f=5&i=89&t=89

The Bible is also full of contradictions. I read the Bible, but I also treat it as a guide rather than "The Word". It's a nice guide to go by when it comes to morality, but I don't take everything I read "as Gospel" (excuse the pun lol).

Everyone has his or her own interpretation of it, and that is the way it should be, I think.

What contradictions?

Magatsu said:
*chanting* I BELIEVE! I BELIEVE! *chanting*

EARTH IS FLAT!!!

perhaps to our perception! Has anyone told you "Seeing is believing?" :whistle:

The people who consider themselves the "authority" on interpreting the Bible need to decide whether or not it's a literal interpretation for the whole book, some of the book, or just whenever the hell it suits their purposes. Christianity as a whole cannot agree on which route of interpretation to take. The Catholic Church Pope is arguably considered a great source of interpretation as he "speaks the word from God" and is considered canon. Dumb, dumb, dumb, as several times a later pope would re-interpret and correct and even apologize for past transgressions by the church and those who led it.

...It's just a poetic phrase. The Bible actually says that the Earth is round (I'll try to find the reference and get back to you), and it was said way before Columbus figured it out.

Even if the people writing the Bible believed that the Earth was flat, so did the secular community.

Sorry if I am going off point a bit but I wanted to bring something else related with Bible.
In Bible it talks about Noah of Ark. That two genders of every animal speices gets on the Ark and sails until the water lowers, right? If you really look into it... The animals get off the ark... For example - two zebras gets off and the lion gets off.. you know, lions are meat eater so they run after zebra and kills them.. then zebra wouldn't exist today. It makes me to think... Bible? eh.... Scienceology is more of "makes sense"... Sorry if I'm going off the point maybe I should make other thread about this.

Defination: EARTH IS FLAT.. Yes Indeed but.. which speaking of.. "LAND" where you can walk on the land... and living etc etc... Don't make you floating alike atmospire(sp) and no gravity... Bible says.. Earth is flat for... living peoples are on earth LAND!

Get it ?

Real life: Earth is CIRCLE..

EARTH IS FLAT.. ok example ----------------- <~ earthflat.. Okay.. you said!

Roam4Life said:
Sorry if I am going off point a bit but I wanted to bring something else related with Bible.
In Bible it talks about Noah of Ark. That two genders of every animal speices gets on the Ark and sails until the water lowers, right? If you really look into it... The animals get off the ark... For example - two zebras gets off and the lion gets off.. you know, lions are meat eater so they run after zebra and kills them.. then zebra wouldn't exist today. It makes me to think... Bible? eh.... Scienceology is more of "makes sense"... Sorry if I'm going off the point maybe I should make other thread about this.
I agree with you. I've thought of the same thing. I even remember one of the "Far Side" comics where they showed Noah looking down at the unicorns that were eaten by the lions and said, "There goes the unicorns! It's time to split the carnivores to the basement!" Hehehe!

Who was at the Empty Tomb? Is it:
MAT 28:1 In the end of the sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulchre.

MAR 16:1 And when the sabbath was past, Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James, and Salome, had bought sweet spices, that they might come and anoint him.

JOH 20:1 The first day of the week cometh Mary Magdalene early, when it was yet dark, unto the sepulchre, and seeth the stone taken away from the sepulchre.
It was all three women, and possibly more unnamed women. Where is the contradiction? Each writer uses a different perspective but there is nothing contradictory.

Example:
Several friends attend a party Friday night. The next day, another friend, who missed the party, asks his friends for the names of the other party-goers. Friend A says, "Bob and Mary were there." Friend B says, "Bob and Joe were there." Friend C says, "Mary, Ann, and Sue were there." Is that a contradiction? No. Bob, Mary, Joe, Ann, and Sue were all at the party but each friend referred to the ones that he saw, or considered important to mention.

Which first--beasts or man?
GEN 1:25 And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
GEN 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
GEN 2:18 And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.
GEN 2:19 And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof.
God created the animals first, then Man.
Gen. 1:1 - 2:3 gives the chronological order of the 7 days of Creation.
Gen. 2:4 - 2:25 goes back and adds details to the story, not chronology. It shows the relationship that God ordained for animals to Man, and Man to Woman.

Snails do not melt
PSA 58:8 As a snail which melteth, let every one of them pass away: like the untimely birth of a woman, that they may not see the sun.
The "slimeworm" snail of the Middle East melts in the sun.
Besides, have you never seen what happens to a snail when you pour salt on it? It looks melted to me.

Odd genetic engineering
GEN 30:39 And the flocks conceived before the rods, and brought forth cattle ringstraked, speckled, and spotted.
It might be "odd" but I don't see any contradiction. What is this supposed to contradict?

Judas died how?
"And he cast down the pieces of silver into the temple and departed, and went out and hanged himself." (Matt. 27:5)
"And falling headlong, he burst asunder in the midst, and all of his bowels gushed out." (Acts 1:18)
No contradiction. Judas hanged himself, his dead body bloated, it fell from the tree, hit the rocks below, and burst open. Gross, but no contradiction.

I think Atheists need to stop trying to make
believers a nonbeliever.

If you don't believe in God, then that is you.
But don't being trying to test everyone faith.

We don't care if the Bible is inaccurate or accurate...
When I was little girl, nobody taught me about the
Bible. My church didn't explain the Bible to me...
my pastor always talk about God's love and
we need to worship him.

I don't worship the Bible, I worship God.
I don't need any proof....

Maybe the Earth is flat... and maybe the Astronaut
saw the Earth in a wrong way and we took pictures... maybe
we don't see the Earth the way it should.
The ocean isn't really blue...
the sky isn't really blue...
The Sun isn't really yellow...

God didn't wrote the Bible... the men did.
Of course, they might say the Earth is flat...
The Bible is like a diary and history, what
the Men saw long ago.... and they wrote everything
that happened....

The Bible isn't a Harry Potter book...
you don't see anywhere that say God lifted up a man or
do any magic tricks....
All it said was God helped Moses free the people...
by splitting the Red Sea...
Jesus healed the sick.
And God made the Earth
and God made old women and a virgin pregnant.

That was it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back