The Bible Says Earth is Flat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reba said:
No contradiction. Judas hanged himself, his dead body bloated, it fell from the tree, hit the rocks below, and burst open. Gross, but no contradiction.

That's the way I see it too, Reba....there is no contradiction here on that. :)

Reba said:
God created the animals first, then Man.
Gen. 1:1 - 2:3 gives the chronological order of the 7 days of Creation.
Gen. 2:4 - 2:25 goes back and adds details to the story, not chronology. It shows the relationship that God ordained for animals to Man, and Man to Woman.

I agree....God created the animals first, then Adam, then later his wife Eve. :)

Huhh???? One version said that Judas hung himself, and another said he died from falling headlong.
Now, think about it. He was already DEAD when he was hanged, so all this talk of "bloated body" is moot. And anyway, if the rope broke, he would fall assfirst, not headlong.
BIG TIME contradiction here, wouldn't you think?
Jeez, some people are so desperate they would grab at straws that do not exist in order to advance their fanatical beliefs!

Beowulf said:
Huhh???? One version said that Judas hung himself, and another said he died from falling headlong.
Now, think about it. He was already DEAD when he was hanged, so all this talk of "bloated body" is moot. And anyway, if the rope broke, he would fall assfirst, not headlong.
BIG TIME contradiction here, wouldn't you think?
Jeez, some people are so desperate they would grab at straws that do not exist in order to advance their fanatical beliefs!

Judas is DEAD!!!!! Dead is DEAD!!!!! It doesn't matter. :D
Maybe Matthew, Luke, John, and Mark
want to contradict you.... that is why they wrote the way they want...
Telling you the story about JESUS...
Why 4 men wrote story about JESUS and contradicting themselves?
Maybe that is why it is a testament... we have to test ourselves.

The pig was already dead, afterwards he bloated during putrefaction. No one died from putrefaction....this happens AFTER they are dead....that link I provided is about what happens to us (animals and humans) AFTER DEATH.

Stages of Decomposition
Stage 3: Putrefaction - 4 to 10 days after death

Last edited:
Well, shucks, Nancy, I knew that.
Sighhhh, I count myself fortunate you didn't show a skeleton, lol.

Beowulf said:
Well, shucks, Nancy, I knew that.
Sighhhh, I count myself fortunate you didn't show a skeleton, lol.

:rofl: Oh, ok. ;) I found that website a while ago, and at first, while looking at it, it kind of grossed me out. LOL

Anyway, back to topic, the earth was round, and I've seen the earth on TV showing it was round. :)

No, no... the Earth is a square, not a sphere nor is it flat!

Bumping this back up, against all reason, lol.
Too bad.

ravensteve1961 said:
But Columbus proved its round.

Hmm.. Greek philosopher Pythagoras was first 2,000 before Columbus thought. Greek gave simple example on moon and sun are sphere.

I believe this earth is a round, not flat. Maybe, you need to jump in a shuttle and fly off into the universe and look back to see what the earth looks like eh ? Use your imagination. :)

I think the point is possibly being twisted or missed by some people. Basically I think the point is that just because the bible says it, doesnt make it fact.

I orignally believed that Earth is Flat when
I am on the Earth ground looking far ahead
it looks too flat with some bumps from
these mountains in the distance. However,
only IF we are far away from the Earth
on a rocket it actually looks Round
from the distance.

;)

Your Mom said:
I think the point is possibly being twisted or missed by some people. Basically I think the point is that just because the bible says it, doesnt make it fact.
Also, just because people think that the Bible says something, doesn't make it fact either. :D

Reba said:
Also, just because people think that the Bible says something, doesn't make it fact either. :D

why dont we just come to the conclusion that nothing in the bible can be taken as fact?

:D

Your Mom said:
why dont we just come to the conclusion that nothing in the bible can be taken as fact?

:D
Everything in the Bible is true.

The problem is, not everyone is aware of what truly is in the Bible, and what is not. The Bible is one of the most mis-quoted and quoted out of context books on the planet.

Reba said:
Everything in the Bible is true.

The problem is, not everyone is aware of what truly is in the Bible, and what is not. The Bible is one of the most mis-quoted and quoted out of context books on the planet.

Everything in the bible is true huh? What about its hundreds of contradictions?

Oh, boy what a little faith......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back