Teacher Tells Kids There Is No Santa Claus

Status
Not open for further replies.
:hmm: Perhaps we should start a "What do you hate most about Santa Claus" thread?

Yeah, that son of a bitch ate all the snickerdoodles and left all the raisin cookies.

I HATE THOSE DAMN RAISIN COOKIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :pissed:

I just bet Stanta will leave me the macadamia nuts for this x-mas. :P They're the only nuts I won't eat.

I have a grudge against Santa. I mean, to start with, he somehow was always watching me. What a PERV. Then Santa scared my dog. Then to he left soot all over the living room, which my mom then blamed me for and I had to spend 2 days of my Christmas vacation cleaning the carpet. And he ate the cookies and drank the milk I left out for him, but didn't even bother to put the dishes in the dishwasher. So I got yelled at for leaving dishes out and had to wash dishes by hand. And all I got from the asshole was a pair of socks. I have never forgiven him.

Santa is a selfish, inconsiderate, privacy-invading fat bastard! DOWN WITH CHRISTMAS!

He's a KBG kook!

Sorry, I am going to say I think it was wrong of the teacher to say what she did. If, during my teaching years, I had said such a thing, I would have expected the parents to turn into a lynch mob (figuratively speaking). Of course I do not condone the way the parents expressed their disapproval of what the teacher did. But really? Letting children believe in Santa Claus, the tooth fairy or the Easter Bunny is bad parenting? If so, then I am clearly a very bad parent ... I even lied to them by telling them their homemade cookies were delicious (even though they tasted like dirty salt) and that they looked "fabulous" when they dressed themselves up in every piece of tacky clothes and jewellry they could find in the dress-up trunk. :-/

Lying about how good food is is a good way to piss me off.

Sheesh, Banjo, it is a given that some parents' reactions/behaviors were stoopid! Why do you all want us to chime in and say the obvious?

Because y'all are too busy bashing the teacher to death over a slip-up she made about a mythical character.

Because y'all are too busy bashing the teacher to death over a slip-up she made about a mythical character.

I wonder if the kids feel like bashing her head in over her criticisms of their art work?
"Don't you know there is no such thing as what you draw?"
"WHAM!"

I wonder what people think about the elf dolls?

For those who don't know anything about it: About The Magic Elf Christmas Tradition - Elf Magic
You have one elf doll that pops up between Thanksgiving and Christmas to "visit" the home. At night they "come alive" and "move around and play around". So the kids have to look for the doll in the morning to see what it's "up to". Examples: The doll would be found "eating in the cooking jar", "hanging from the ceiling fan", "playing the piano", etc. On Christmas, Santa takes back his elves.

Someone said that the spirit of Santa doesn't have to be ruined if the kids knew the truth, but, dude, there is no way in hell the fun that the elf doll brings would continue if the kid knew the elf was fake. What kid would continue to do the elf doll thing knowing it's fake?!

Personally, I think the elf doll thing is creepy. I mean.. "comes alive"?! Sounds like a horror movie... but my stepsister's kids love it so much that they look forward to the elf thing more than the presents themselves!

So are you saying you know that I would condone what those few parents were saying?
And don't you think "bashing" is a little much, considering what I said about the teacher?

I don't think an individual teacher has the right to take away that magic, innocence, etc that is Christmas, something they will soon (the children) outgrow themselves and without reacting as if they were told a big lie which is something a few adults are saying.....

yes.
I rather let kids learn from the other kids or parents with reason sense which makes sense to them on their own pace.

Okay - so what if parents want to tell their kids that it's okay to believe in Santa Claus, The Easter Bunny, The tooth fairy or whoever. That is a parent's right. Little "Sally's" parents didn't really want to spread the stories of Santa and all the others, but, they also did not want her to miss out on things just for being different.

My kids never believed in Santa or the others. It wasn't a conscious decision of ours, but it just happened that way. Even though they didn't believe, they still had fun leaving a plate of cookies for "Santa". My son was the one, who at age 3, said that we needed to make sure that the cookies were my favorite ones, since "Mommy, I just know you like playing Santa and you deserve that cookie." My daughter loved to leave "reindeer" food in the yard since we had deer who often came through and "You just never know, mom!" They also never went "Trick or Treating" in their lives. STILL, the teacher should not have been the one to do this. That teacher may not have known the parents wishes or anything like that.

Why did the teacher stop with Santa anyway? Why didn't she tell Johnny that his folks are only staying together through the holidays? Or tell Sally about mom being an alcoholic? Maybe she could explain the "walk of shame" one day when she comes to school a little "wrinkly" Or, she could tell Bobby about the lithium dad takes and how he once showed up at a PTA meeting painted gold like the "FTD guy". Maybe she could have broken down the stats on how many of them would end up in prison and homeless or so addicted to drugs they wouldn't know their name. Perhaps delve into the fact that for some of them even a 1st grade education is a waste of time because they will probably OD before they are out of high school. Or perhaps gunned down by gangs. Maybe she could tell them how the few of them that actually make it into the real world are going to spend their lives in jobs they hate, paying bills they don't want to pay while raising kids that will eventually blame them for everything that goes wrong in their lives thanks to the shrink that they pay for. Maybe they could take a field trip to the cemetery and she could tell them "it really doesn't matter what the f%#@ you do with your life, you all end up here". She could even tell them how the school lunches are going to cause some of them to lose a foot someday because someone in a suit decided pizza was a vegetable and apple juice with 32g of sugar is healthy.

Why did she choose Santa of all lies?

Falalalala lalalala

Why did the teacher stop with Santa anyway? Why didn't she tell Johnny that his folks are only staying together through the holidays? Or tell Sally about mom being an alcoholic? Maybe she could explain the "walk of shame" one day when she comes to school a little "wrinkly" Or, she could tell Bobby about the lithium dad takes and how he once showed up at a PTA meeting painted gold like the "FTD guy". Maybe she could have broken down the stats on how many of them would end up in prison and homeless or so addicted to drugs they wouldn't know their name. Perhaps delve into the fact that for some of them even a 1st grade education is a waste of time because they will probably OD before they are out of high school. Or perhaps gunned down by gangs. Maybe she could tell them how the few of them that actually make it into the real world are going to spend their lives in jobs they hate, paying bills they don't want to pay while raising kids that will eventually blame them for everything that goes wrong in their lives thanks to the shrink that they pay for. Maybe they could take a field trip to the cemetery and she could tell them "it really doesn't matter what the f%#@ you do with your life, you all end up here". She could even tell them how the school lunches are going to cause some of them to lose a foot someday because someone in a suit decided pizza was a vegetable and apple juice with 32g of sugar is healthy.

Falalalala lalalala

because christmas day is coming soon and nobody's sent her a christmas invitation so she's bitter and hurt.

looks like she could use some hug :grouphug:

No worries, I wouldn't lie about that to you, you are not 5 and trying your hand at baking for the first time ;-).

It pissed me off at age 5 then and it would piss me even now off now. My dad has always refused to admit that food tasted bad when it was really awful. He will never admit to not liking something. He has tried to force feed me when I refused to eat something when I was little.

Here's an example of what I am talking about: When I first got my CI and my parents made several trips with me and on the way we would stop at Shoney's (in South Boston, I think) on the way home.

The food there was so awful that I wouldn't eat it at all even though I risked dangerously low blood sugar from not eating. I was unable to drive due to having surgery.

On our last trip together, we stopped at the Chinese restrurant near my home because even he admitted the food at Shoney's wasn't very good. That was the second time in my life he has ever admitted food is awful and I was 40 at the time.

If I had kids, I would ask them if they try something but I wouldn't make a big deal of it if they refuse. Making a big deal is just going to make it worse. If my cookies tasted awful, I would say so. There's a reason why I don't ask my Dad to recommend a good place to eat. It can range from good to bad.

because christmas day is coming soon and nobody's sent her a christmas invitation so she's bitter and hurt.

looks like she could use some hug :grouphug:

That is one comment I can actually agree with you on :giggle:

Falalalala lalalala

That's actually not a bad idea. Sure, why not? Then, while she's at it, she can talk to them about all the wonderful things that make life, despite all it's sham and drudgery, worth living. She can tell them about first kisses and falling in love and sunsets, and laying under the stars. She can tell them that even though there are going to be a lot of painful moments, it's those painful moments that make you appreciate the beautiful ones.

Then, she can tell them that Santa Claus is not one of the things that makes life worth living, but the spirit of what he represents is.

That's actually not a bad idea. Sure, why not? Then, while she's at it, she can talk to them about all the wonderful things that make life, despite all it's sham and drudgery, worth living. She can tell them about first kisses and falling in love and sunsets, and laying under the stars. She can tell them that even though there are going to be a lot of painful moments, it's those painful moments that make you appreciate the beautiful ones.

Then, she can tell them that Santa Claus is not one of the things that makes life worth living.

Meh, they might get mono (or worse) from that first kiss,falling in love is just the first stage of a broken heart, sunsets are as big a lie as Santa and they will probably get cancer from the pesticides when laying under the stars and die in pain.

That is just the painful truth children :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back