Teacher Tells Kids There Is No Santa Claus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Santa doesn't exist?

Then don't lie to your child. Children are full of imagination, but they shouldn't be taught to believe in a particular person if you don't believe in it to start with.

You teach your child to not lie, yet you lie to your child. Hence the term, hypocrisy. The teacher made a mistake in sharing the truth, but not because it was the truth, it was because of how irrational the parents may become.

Children should be able to enjoy the stories of Santa Claus, just like they enjoy the stories of Harry Potter. The magic is there, and it exists with the stories of Santa Claus. Yet they know Harry Potter does not exist in the real world.

Why should an exception be made with Santa Claus? He is a part of the popular Christmas folklore. The fact is, people treat him as if he's more real than Jesus Christ himself.

Saint Nicholas existed centuries ago, but he is long dead. His spirit is still in our hearts and minds. Corporations like Coca-Cola popularized his legacy and turned it into a commercialized blitz. The monster gets bigger every year to the point where it's completely devoid of any true spirits of Christmas.

I still celebrate Christmas the way I used to as a child. It's by getting together with family and having a feast. We do exchange a few gifts, but that's not my favourite part of Christmas. It's being with my family that is my favourite part. Celebrating Christmas is a way of reaffirming my kindness and love for the others and the life that we have come to cherish that I practice all year long.

This whole post wins. Thank you.

You nailed it well. I'll add something to say.

I still remember how kids teased another kids who still believed in Santa Claus and bullied them. Some 8-12 years old kids didn't know he is a mythical character until they reached their teen-hood. I am one of them and I still have my minor scar from being humiliated. :( If I have my kids, I will just tell them the truth about Seasonal Christmas and Christianity's Christmas. I don't like being tested for my intelligence or anybody's. It's just plainly mean, IMO.

We celebrated Xmas but I don't I really believed there was a Santa as my parent did not made a big deal about him. It was more for fun with my famliy, we knew who really ate the cookies we left out.

Sheesh, Banjo, it is a given that some parents' reactions/behaviors were stoopid! Why do you all want us to chime in and say the obvious?

This Santa Claus fantasy needs to stop. It's making kids spoiled because they expect gifts. I'd prefer that kids to learn about the meanings of Santa Claus & Grinch rather than associating Santa Claus with toys toys toys.

We're probably the only kids in the world who have 24/7 access to clean water, food on table, and cable & internet. I certainly won't be coddling my own kids with gifts and toys. I refuse to disillusion them with such silly notion.

I didn't get much or any for Christmas even though my parents can easily afford to. Instead we participated in the spirit of Santa Claus by giving gifts to unfortunates.

There is a word for that ..... :hmm: .... can't think of it at the moment ....

wait .... its coming to me now ..... Oh YEAH!!

SCROOGE!

There is a word for that ..... :hmm: .... can't think of it at the moment ....

wait .... its coming to me now ..... Oh YEAH!!

SCROOGE!

how? we always give away on Christmas Day and we still do. why give gifts to those who have everything?

if that's me being scrooge, then you must be a naughty boy.

how? we always give away on Christmas Day and we still do. why give gifts to those who have everything?

Because it is a show of love.

That warm fuzzy feeling inside ...

God bless us ... EVERYONE!

we have to give gift as a show of love?

oh my..... materialistic lifestyle you live....

we have to give gift as a show of love?

oh my..... materialistic lifestyle you live....

Why do you assume a gift must be bought? Handmade gifts are the best.

My grandmother used to make quilts. I still have them, and one day, when I have children, and she is gone, they will be used to give my kids that warm fuzzy feeling inside.

My grandmother used to make quilts. I still have them, and one day, when I have children, and she is gone, they will be used to give my kids that warm fuzzy feeling inside.

who said it must be bought? I said GIVE, not BOUGHT.

and did you miss what I said in my previous post?

same here. My parents never gave me "just toys". They always get a meaningful gift that I kept for years. My dad was born poor. My mom was born in a very large family so receiving gift individually was impractical. But they always receive meaningful gifts. I do same to my close friends and families and the gifts still remain for years.

Once in a few while, I do get toys/games that I really wanted as a reward for getting A's or something.

You want it? Get it yourself. That's why I'm not prone to impulse-buying and wasteful spending.

Kids - Santa Claus is real. He is a very generous man who brings happiness and joy to people. He gives gifts to those who really need it and none to naughty kids because they have everything they want. He only asks for a small token of kindness in return - cookies and milk before he goes out. Merry Christmas ho ho ho!

animated-gifs-santa-claus-20.gif

Steinhauer, I don't know why you even bother with some folks here......

God bless us ... EVERYONE!

Where you come from, giving gifts is a show of love? That explains a lot.

That wouldn't be Santa Clause giving the gift then, now would it? Jiro's not against giving and receiving gifts. He's against using the idea of Santa Clause to instill the idea in children that they get whatever they want.

Steinhauer, I don't know why you even bother with some folks here......

I think it will take the Ghost of Christmas Past to get through to some of the Scrooges :giggle:

I think it will take the Ghost of Christmas Past to get through to some of the Scrooges :giggle:

especially you.

you should give a gift of love to AD. don't be a scrooge! :)

especially you.

you should give a gift of love to AD. don't be a scrooge! :)

Never will I be a Scrooge. If you are referring to making a donation to AD, I might someday.

.... I donate to needy families every year and participate in the Marine Corp Toys for Tots. I believe children should have toys - don't you?

http://www.toysfortots.org/

Wow...quibbling about Christmas and it is still about 3 weeks away. lol

.... I donate to needy families every year and participate in the Marine Corp Toys for Tots. I believe children should have toys - don't you?

Heh. As long as those toys come from charitable Christian organizations and not the gosh darned gubberment!

Right?

Wow...quibbling about Christmas and it is still about 3 weeks away. lol

Yep, we're ringing in the REAL Christmas spirit ahead of time! :wave:

(It was a joke!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back