Take Your Shoe Off Please!!!

Take your shoes off?

• Yes

Votes: 40 90.9%
  • No

Votes: 4 9.1%

• Total voters
Please let me clarify.

I'm talking about social guests, not repairmen, construction workers, or deliverymen.

A guest is someone that I invite into my home for fellowship. I don't care how they are dressed or whether or not they leave a footprint on my carpet, or accidentally spill a drink, or knock over a candle. If something happens, I make sure they don't feel embarrassed about it.

Yes, my guests have accidentally broken things, spilled things, left messes, and even knocked over a red wax candle, leaving a pink stain on my light beige living room carpet. So? That's life. Things don't last forever but friendships can.

I guess I'm just old school baby boomer.

Same here, Reba. I agree with you; sorry I was late to the thread. It's pretty much petering out now....

Same here, Reba. I agree with you; sorry I was late to the thread. It's pretty much petering out now....
Probably just as well. :) Just kick off your shoes and relax! :lol:

It shouldnt matter if its a guest, or anyone else...they should respect u and take off shoes, maybe it's just the way i've been brought up. It automatic that you and everyone else takes off their shoes...thats just how your raised here...if people don't like barefeet we have a basket of slippers and they can wear a pear...no biggie..people don't get offended here if u ask them to take off ur shoes cuz u dont have to ask!
when i lived in the u.s. our house was 7000 sq. ft. with alot of white carpet it was enuf of a job cleaning the house since it took forever esp. mopping and vacuuming...so sorry me for not wanting to do extra work and have to get a special vacuum or someone to professionaly clean the carpets everytime the carpet got dirty from someone walking on the carpet with shoes on.

Lol, and don't forget the wax job, too!

LOL,,,, Good one! I don't think I be waxing your feet and toes yet unless you are asking for a nice hot wax for your legs! ha. I might get all the gals to give you a full body waxing, but then I think you would run and hide! lol :ty::ty::ty:

LOL,,,, Good one! I don't think I be waxing your feet and toes yet unless you are asking for a nice hot wax for your legs! ha. I might get all the gals to give you a full body waxing, but then I think you would run and hide! lol :ty::ty::ty:

Uh Oh! Me and my big mouth!

I must be doing something right.

I just got a very sweet thank you letter from a Deaf missionary family (two adults and four children) that stayed a few days with us recently. They said that they "felt like royalty" while they stayed with us.

If my guests are satisfied, so am I. :)

And that means, folks, these guests were NOT sans shoes! Lol! Waytago, Reba!

The only hot waxing I will do is for Hubby but I do offer hot paraffin hand dips. :P

Lol, Reba, I didn't mean I'd stay that long; say, u mean there's no such thing as waxing of the feet?

Lol, Reba, I didn't mean I'd stay that long; say, u mean there's no such thing as waxing of the feet?
Sure, feet can be waxed. It doesn't take long. I'm just not keen on waxing other people. I don't have a license for that. :P

if people don't like barefeet we have a basket of slippers

If I was asked to wear those slippers, I will refused because of hygenic reason - ringworm, psoriasis, ezcmea, tinea odour and sweaty feet.

If I use barefoot, knowing its good chance to catch Athletic feet, as I had it once before, very painful and very slow to recover!!

Anyway I personally don't believe clean shoes can cause dirty carpet mainly, as I often see Doctor's surgery, schools, social clubs, resturants, Hotels, pubs has carpets, they don't remove their shoes, and their carpets is ok afterwards. I can understand they don't invited any animals inside except Guide Dogs.

I believe it is start in Asian countries because of 3rd world countries, and their roads is poor quality - and plus it is for religious culture as it is.

How about putting dipping Tousi's feet in mud would be a great beauty treatment? heee :laugh2::dance2::whistle:

*Tousi slinging a big ole' wad of mud down the hallway here at AD; as it whizzes past the ficus plant outside Alex's office that Maintenance just put there, finds it's target: GTM's face*

GN!! lol

I vote...... YES! Seeing as how its thier place an they paid for it, if they want me to take mah shoes off I will.

At times, my heel spurs have been so painful that the doctor ordered me to wear shoes with orthonics in the heels. I had to wear them 24/7 except in the shower or bed. Ugh! But if I want to be able to walk, I had to do it. If I went to someone's house and they asked me to remove my shoes I would do it but I wouldn't be able to walk around or stay long.

I would never put my own guests in that kind of dilemma.

Back