Take Your Shoe Off Please!!!

Take your shoes off?

• Yes

Votes: 40 90.9%
  • No

Votes: 4 9.1%

• Total voters
:lol: Tousie, ADers spoiled your feet rotten... you lucky :lol:

If I was asked to wear those slippers, I will refused because of hygenic reason - ringworm, psoriasis, ezcmea, tinea odour and sweaty feet.

If I use barefoot, knowing its good chance to catch Athletic feet, as I had it once before, very painful and very slow to recover!!

Yes, I can understand... You can bring your own slippers or thick socks with you. Yes, we including my friends do. Sometimes my friends forget to bring their slippers or thick socks... I have few slippers for guests (we don't use it).

Anyway I personally don't believe clean shoes can cause dirty carpet mainly, as I often see Doctor's surgery, schools, social clubs, resturants, Hotels, pubs has carpets, they don't remove their shoes, and their carpets is ok afterwards. I can understand they don't invited any animals inside except Guide Dogs.

I am total surprised that carpets are everywhere in doctor, schools, etc in your country which here in Germany doesn't...

Tiles, PVC, wood, marble or laimated floors are common at everywhere at doctors, hospitails, schools, clubs, resturants, hotels, shops... because of easy clean and aviod hygenic... Health Department recommend it to protect customers/patients's health situation to shampoo or hoover the carpets time to time... That's why they choose to not have carpets to save stress... I saw carpet at hotels rarely.

During USA vacation, we visited a friend at hospitail. The hosptial are very clean and well care but the problem is carpet... an unpleasant odor bothers me...

It would depend on the place that I'm visiting and their culture.

Some cultures have shoes removed before entering a household. Some just like having shoes off because they want to keep the place clean.

For me, it depends on the person living there. If I walk in and see everyone with their shoes off, I'd probably ask if the host wants me to take my shoes off. If my shoes were extremely muddy or full of snow, I'd also take them off. If I entered a house where the culture of taking shoes off was obvious, then I'd take my shoes off.

It shouldnt matter if its a guest, or anyone else...they should respect u and take off shoes, maybe it's just the way i've been brought up. It automatic that you and everyone else takes off their shoes...thats just how your raised here...if people don't like barefeet we have a basket of slippers and they can wear a pear...no biggie..people don't get offended here if u ask them to take off ur shoes cuz u dont have to ask!
when i lived in the u.s. our house was 7000 sq. ft. with alot of white carpet it was enuf of a job cleaning the house since it took forever esp. mopping and vacuuming...so sorry me for not wanting to do extra work and have to get a special vacuum or someone to professionaly clean the carpets everytime the carpet got dirty from someone walking on the carpet with shoes on.

Yes I can understand where you & the posters come from over carpet... I know from my past experience for have all carpet in my house... It's hassle to shampoo and hoover the carpet... rub to remove dirt scars where cats vomited.... my toddlers accident urined, drink, vomited... hassle.... I use a large room as playground in basement... my children can play what they wants...

We kept shampoo the carpet time to time but the carpet still look dirty & ugly because of children & cats.

My children grow out of babies/toddler to understand how to take care of themselves so we rid all the carpet for liamated wood floors, tiles and marble floor to EVERYWHERE in my house in 1999... just rugs... no stress and hassle... beautiful.... Just whip to clean easy to rid of cat's vomit, drink accidents... sweep the dust ... no hassle with hoover... :lol:

Yes I agree that its about respect on both sides between host and guest.. It shows no friendship when guest reject to take their shoe off to respect you. I would ask them leave if they show their disrespect on my wish.

At times, my heel spurs have been so painful that the doctor ordered me to wear shoes with orthonics in the heels. I had to wear them 24/7 except in the shower or bed. Ugh! But if I want to be able to walk, I had to do it. If I went to someone's house and they asked me to remove my shoes I would do it but I wouldn't be able to walk around or stay long.

I would never put my own guests in that kind of dilemma.

That is a good point about needing to wear special shoes for health reasons. I haven't thought of that.

I don't want to have carpets in my house! Too much hassle for me, and it is a must for peeps to wear shoes or cosy slippers if it is during the winter. Cold feet aren't healthy to have in these parts and socks smell. ;)

At times, my heel spurs have been so painful that the doctor ordered me to wear shoes with orthonics in the heels. I had to wear them 24/7 except in the shower or bed. Ugh! But if I want to be able to walk, I had to do it. If I went to someone's house and they asked me to remove my shoes I would do it but I wouldn't be able to walk around or stay long.

I would never put my own guests in that kind of dilemma.

well obviously that is a diff situation and as a host i would respect my guest and let them wear shoes if it is necessary...but u also keep saying that u want ur guests to feel comfortable..who ever said my guests werent...like i said here its different. it's automatic that ppl take their shoes off no asking or anything..for ex. my aunt she hates bare feet cuz she has a toe problem..so she brings her own slippers everytime she goes out or she wears socks...simple...no biggie....and here when u tell someone to keep their shoes on that makes ppl uncomfortable cuz its not the norm..
now dont get me wrong if i dont like someoes house and its messy and i really dont feel comfortable with shoes off i will bring slippers or dont go..simple as that...

what if u were in international busines and it was ur job to know everyones culture...and u had guests to ur house and they never wear shoes in a house becuz it's part of their culture!..if u arent responsive to their culture u just screwed up a whole deal that you could of landed but due to ur lack of knowledge of their culture you let them go over something silly!..thats like handshaking...did u know that in some cultures its really rude to handshake or even look someone in the eye while talking...

I vote yes, well its all that depends on who friend's house to ask me to take my shoe off so I would do that for their respect's home. :)

Depends on people who dont care.. haha ya know? ;)

...what if u were in international busines and it was ur job to know everyones culture...and u had guests to ur house and they never wear shoes in a house becuz it's part of their culture!..if u arent responsive to their culture u just screwed up a whole deal that you could of landed but due to ur lack of knowledge of their culture you let them go over something silly!..thats like handshaking...did u know that in some cultures its really rude to handshake or even look someone in the eye while talking...
I've said before that I would respect the culture of where I was; "when in Rome, do as the Romans do." I live in the United States, so I follow American culture. Whatever my hosts' wishes about shoe shedding or wearing, I respect and follow without complaint.

If you notice in my previous threads, I never prohibit anyone from removing their shoes in my house, nor do I request them to remove them. If people want to remove their shoes, I have a comfortable place for them to sit down and do so, and an area out of the way for them to set their shoes. No one has to do an awkward balancing act! :lol:

We have had visitors from many cultures and countries visit our house, and there have been no problems.

solution for you guys.... about senstive being your ugly feet or toes.. then wear the slipper while visiting their host' house..

(chuckles)

I do bring my own slipper and visiting my friend's place as my matures.. :) but sometimes I forgot bring it.. My problem!

solution for you guys.... about senstive being your ugly feet or toes.. then wear the slipper while visiting their host' house..

(chuckles)

I do bring my own slipper and visiting my friend's place as my matures.. :) but sometimes I forgot bring it.. My problem!

Exactly

I personally don't care to take my shoes off in someone elses house. But I do take off my work boots before entering my own home so I dont track chicken grase all over the house.

If my hosts asked me to take off my shoes than so be it. It is THEIR house and it is THEM who INVITED me into their home. I should respect them.

I personally don't care to take my shoes off in someone elses house. But I do take off my work boots before entering my own home so I dont track chicken grase all over the house.

If my hosts asked me to take off my shoes than so be it. It is THEIR house and it is THEM who INVITED me into their home. I should respect them.

Chicken what, Dixie? :giggle:

yeah thats why if i ever get a house.. i would rather have a wood floor instead of carept.. so guests can be themselves and be at home! wear shoes etc.. never know what carpet carry .. germs n etc.. ugh! i never thought of that.. next time i go to someones house.. i will bring MY slippers! not theirs! no way! i dont wanna get atheltic feet what if it got that?? staph infection??? EKKKK no no! they said staph infection are on rise cuz of hygiene plms.. not everyone are taking showers or wash their feet good ... ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.. im germ phobia... if u wanna come to my house.. u can wear shoes! heh! :D

yeah thats why if i ever get a house.. i would rather have a wood floor instead of carept.. so guests can be themselves and be at home! wear shoes etc.. never know what carpet carry .. germs n etc.. ugh! i never thought of that.. next time i go to someones house.. i will bring MY slippers! not theirs! no way! i dont wanna get atheltic feet what if it got that?? staph infection??? EKKKK no no! they said staph infection are on rise cuz of hygiene plms.. not everyone are taking showers or wash their feet good ... ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.. im germ phobia... if u wanna come to my house.. u can wear shoes! heh! :D

What? You dont want to have nice sexy atheltic looking feet? I think atheltic feet are nice looking!

But I think FC means - athlete's foot which is something entirely different and gross, and painful to have. :giggle:

Uh, oh! I think you better get lysol spray for the germ to kill the stinky feet! LOL :giggle:

I voted yes. I will respect others. And I want other take shoe off when they go to my house.

Back