Take Your Shoe Off Please!!!

Take your shoes off?

• Yes

Votes: 40 90.9%
  • No

Votes: 4 9.1%

• Total voters
Well - what would you think if you see a DOG living inside the house, and the host telling you to take your shoes off before entering the house??

I would think their dog is more important than me !!

It doesn't bother me really... This is their house, they can do what they wants. We often visit our friend's house who own pets but we still take our shoes off automatic, no matter what...

If anyone complaint then they should stay at home.

It doesn't bother me really... This is their house, they can do what they wants. We often visit our friend's house who own pets but we still take our shoes off automatic, no matter what...

If anyone complaint then they should stay at home.

I said I would think - meaning I won't tell them in person.

I would respect to take my shoe off to visit them.

In my house, I let guests walking in with their shoes on because I have tiles, hardwood Ash floor as it can mop easily and my dog lives indoor too.

I said I would think - meaning I won't tell them in person.

Yes I know... I never say that you tell them in person but I know it's your opinion/POV when you said "I would think....."

I only answered your question about dog in the house......... and tell you what I think.

Vote OFF!! because Two rooms has bright white mix tan Rug! so Not want stain!

I have feel same thing like that, can't decide to vote in poll but respect owner's policy.

I would hate to take my shoe off when visit anywhere with sign on door.

For this thread, I vote yes because need respect owner's policy.

I voted to take the shoes off as it is polite and respect their wishes as they want to keep their house to stay clean?

my sister have booties for their dogs and let them go outside etc then before they come in the house- she would take the booties off and they can come in house- no plm but only when it is rainy days...

it is the same concept of no smoking sign in the house so have to respect their wishes for not smoking in the house same as take your shoes off. :)

Which one is more cleaner - Human or animals?

It has nothing to do with who's cleaner, I would hate to put one person on the spot if that one person's shoes are dirty nor muddy, I think it'll be more fair and equal if everyone is asked to remove their shoes.

I voted yes. If they ask me to take it off and Ill do it with respect since its their house. If I get a new rugs, I will ask them go around to the back door that go thru kitchen that dont have rugs instead of going in the front.

DEAR WONDERING: Either walk on your hands or stay home!

:giggle:, I like that one....

Anyways I voted " yes ", if I see a sign or if someone asked to take my shoes off, I will respect them by taking my shoes off since it their house not mine...

For myself, my children knows they have to take their shoes off before going onto the carpet, and I expect my guests to do the same only if their shoes are muddy, or wet from snow or raining...I rather to have a dry carpet than a wet dirty one...

I'd rather take their shoes off as respect my home property...

Right now.. you can leave shoes on... cuz my living room is plywood all over and working on planning the hardwood floor. :)

as same thing goes for basement too.. There's hard cermanic ugly floor.. LOL Will working on plan new floor..

Sometimes, My hubby can be forgot remove his working boots.. and stay continue walking around the house.. I scream at him.. wha.. heck you're forgetting sumth'n, you're not supposed be around in the house.. Have your eye check lately? He gluped and run back to the foyer lobby and take working boots off... *mumbling* tired of seeing full of wax all over the floor.. *scrubbing off the stupid wax off*

I vote yes. :)

respect ppl's house to take shoes off same with family's house too :) .. at my home yes take shoes off but very rare leave my shoes on cuz sometime going out in short time :)

Sometime when I planning to take the shoes off and few ppl telling me dont have to take it off the shoes and I said ohh okay lol :lol:

Interesting.

Many posters mention respecting the homeowner and respecting the house. I haven't read any posts about respecting the guests. It seems like all the focus is on the floors and not on the people who are invited in. Most curious. I really expected to read more posts from people saying they cared more about their visitors than material things.

If the house is in remodeling, I would leave my shoes on, due to my safety reasons (nail in my foot is definitely not cool)

I always take off my shoes every time I visit every houses, even my own house to show some manner, also to show them that I do not have a stinky feet. :afro:

Interesting.

Many posters mention respecting the homeowner and respecting the house. I haven't read any posts about respecting the guests. It seems like all the focus is on the floors and not on the people who are invited in. Most curious. I really expected to read more posts from people saying they cared more about their visitors than material things.

I agree when it comes to the guests, not the house. I would feel to respect the person before he/or she opens the door to let me in after I read a sign that says " Take your shoes off, please ".

There was one minister who invited me to visit his house along with his family for bible study, he asked me politely to remove my shoes before enterin' the house. So, I did respectfully. His house was really fancy and kinda of huge. The carpet was light biege. I can understand why I was asked to remove my shoes. It was hard work to clean up on the carpet than floor. Not easy task.

Interesting.

I agree with you, Reba.

I'm not comfortable taking my shoes off in the home of someone who is only an acquaintance or a friendly neighbor... although, sure, I will do it if it is requested.

I wouldn't want a guest to feel obligated to remove their shoes, either. So, as much as I would love to keep my carpets clean, I much more prefer my guests to be comfortable.

Carpet has no feelings. People do. Carpet can be replaced. People cannot.

yes at my home we take our shoes off when we enter the apartment. that also includes guests who come to visit, too. its more polite and plus to keep the carpet clean as possible.

Back