Students Who Refuse to Affirm Transgender Classmates Face Punishment

So, send all the transgender students to only schools that can afford special bathrooms?

Really, if our schools are so flush with funds, why are they complaining about shortages, overcrowding, and striking for raises? In my area, school bus drivers are also threatening to strike for more pay.

Putting in new bathrooms is expensive, and usually means sacrificing a space, such as a classroom, to make it possible.
Most schools have several bathrooms. Why not designate one? Minor modifications might be needed, but I don't see the wrecking ball swinging to make it happen. Obviously, not all schools have this option...

I also realize that schools are short on funding, even though they take a larger percentage of the budget than ever. As the years go by, it seems that teachers are making lower wages, and parents are picking up the tab for more. Where does it all go? What happened? I remember the days when a school bond had a decent chance of passing. Now? Bitter fighting for scraps.

If getting a new washroom building is a problem, I think a porta-potty is not an expensive option considering only a few students will be using it. For cleaning purposes they could have the school janitor service it as well to save $ on maintenance.

If getting a new washroom building is a problem, I think a porta-potty is not an expensive option considering only a few students will be using it. For cleaning purposes they could have the school janitor service it as well to save $ on maintenance.

I have awful mixed feelings on this entire thing but no-no-no. That would not be a feasible option. They would immediately become subject to ridicule on top of everything else they ALREADY get shit for. No need to make life harder for them and school's hard enough already.

Personally, I don't really care who uses the bathroom I'm in but there will be consequences if boundaries are crossed, male or female. I really do have mixed feelings on the entire transgender solution only for one reason alone... that's just because I don't know how to reasonably help solve their issues. However they decide to do with their bodies is of no concern of mine so you know they've got my support there. This is just a rough thing to handle that's all.

I think the transgendered need to deal with it and just go to the damn bathroom and get out. Why start a ruckus?

They could come up with a simple solution like......if you have boy parts, you go to a boys bathroom. If you have girls parts you go to a girls bathroom.

you miss the point, it's not that simple.

"Boy parts" and "girl parts" do not boys and girls make-

I was about to suggest the same thing....a porta-potty....then again, feel sure they would be made fun of for having to use it....and no mirrors or a wash basin (sink)....no heat or A/C....and also thinking about Blacks having to sit in the back of the bus...and not allowed in the white's bathrooms.....

It's a dilemma for sure.....and feel some of these "trangenders" are actually confused...(NOT all)....as to their true gender.

and one of the difficulties is genuine fear of assault or bullying, targeting trans students when using the bathroom. So just going to the bathroom and getting out - which is what people would like to do - becomes a problem if there is a safety concern

You could always send them to a school for kids with disabilities....

Perhaps having a specific TIME that any transgender could go to the bathroom?....And other students would not be allowed?.....

you miss the point, it's not that simple.

"Boy parts" and "girl parts" do not boys and girls make-

I know it's not that simple. I just am at a loss for a reasonable solution. We have to keep it simple.

How is it not?

I'm going to pass on answering this question but I will say this much... being Deaf, I know what it's like to be rejected by society therefore it's not that simple. They also have the added burden of being confused internally. I have already stated that they should probably keep this one to themselves and just go to the bathroom.

You can't decide when a person's got to go. You gotta go when you gotta go!

Not always...even some teachers in classrooms make a rule about going to the bathroom...some kids must go before class and not allowed to take a break in class.....a bathroom break, in a lot of cases, is just a ruse to get out of class.....I'm sure there may be some extreme cases, if a student is really sick of their stomach....And there are always several bathrooms for students....One bathroom could be used for transgenders only at a specific time...if a student had to go during class...they would be instructed to use a bathroom not for transgenders at that time ???

I'm going to pass on answering this question but I will say this much... being Deaf, I know what it's like to be rejected by society therefore it's not that simple. They also have the added burden of being confused internally. I have already stated that they should probably keep this one to themselves and just go to the bathroom.

Yes, I am sure the incidence of rejection due to gender crisis is high among 1st graders. The thought of having to use a bathroom stall with blue paint rather than pink paint must be emotionally devastating.

Not always...even some teachers in classrooms make a rule about going to the bathroom...some kids must go before class and not allowed to take a break in class.....a bathroom break, in a lot of cases, is just a ruse to get out of class.....I'm sure there may be some extreme cases, if a student is really sick of their stomach....And there are always several bathrooms for students....One bathroom could be used for transgenders only at a specific time...if a student had to go during class...they would be instructed to use a bathroom not for transgenders at that time ???

Just to be sure we're on the same page... I'm not talking about waiting 10-15 minutes. I'm really a firm believer in you gotta go when you gotta go. Anything else is just foreign to me. The solution you proposed sounded like a time frame. How many of those five minute class breaks were you looking to assign to the transgendered? What if they need an "extended" bathroom break? It's unreasonable and unrealistic to assign a time frame for ANYONE let alone the transgendered.

I have never been told that I have to wait nor have I abused that privilege. If someone tries to take that away from me, good chance I might whiz on their leg.

*shrugs*

I can tell you never lived in Minnesota. That seat gets mighty chilly when it is covered with frost for 4 months out of the school year. :lol:

Back