Students Looking for ASL buddies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey there,
I recently started learning ASL (like many in this thread), and wouldn't mind practicing with someone, or learning from someone. I would like to learn ASL that is geared towards Emergency Medicine and encounters in the field (from walking out of the ambulance to transferring the patient's care at the hospital) if anyone could help a bit.

You can add me on skype - reign.of.havok
Thanks! looking forward to talking to anyone.

I would be more than happy help ya'll practice ASL. I'm late deafened but have known ASL nearly my whole life. I would also love to get some practice myself. I haven't really had anyone to sign with lately, so even though I sign to myself a lot, I don't get the receptive side of signing too often.

My Skype username is: anthropomorphic91

This is a wonderful thread! I was on AllDeaf a while back, and I am back on with a different screen name.

I am a 1st year student in ASL. I was in the program last year, and we moved to a different state, and then came back. We are here to stay for a while. I am always looking to make new friends, and to learn more ASL! I have skype kathleen.wilkinson316 if anyone would like to get a hold of me to chat, or practice ASL.

I would mos def. LOVE 2 join I am going back 2 college so i can become an interpreter n I need ALL of the practice i can get!! but I need 2 know 1pm eastern ,central, mount etc. please lemme know:)

Hey there,
I recently started learning ASL (like many in this thread), and wouldn't mind practicing with someone, or learning from someone. I would like to learn ASL that is geared towards Emergency Medicine and encounters in the field (from walking out of the ambulance to transferring the patient's care at the hospital) if anyone could help a bit.

You can add me on skype - reign.of.havok
Thanks! looking forward to talking to anyone.

Hey there
WestwoodASL.com has a medical/safety ASL course. Not sure what it contains, you could maybe email the guy who teaches it (contact link is on the site) and ask him if the course will fit your needs. His other courses are $5 for a 1month lesson/module, which is pretty reasonable compared to other online courses. Also, if you do a search, there are quite a few medical ASL dictionaries and phrasebooks. I know because I am in the medical field and have looked into these things as well.

Good luck!

Definitely interested in signing with skype or oovoo. My skype name is: iwishiwereafish. feel free to add me! =) Thanks to the gal who started this thread!

Definitely interested in signing with skype or oovoo. My skype name is: iwishiwereafish. feel free to add me! =) Thanks to the gal who started this thread!

You are welcome. I hope it will help you. :)

Hey there
WestwoodASL.com has a medical/safety ASL course. Not sure what it contains, you could maybe email the guy who teaches it (contact link is on the site) and ask him if the course will fit your needs. His other courses are $5 for a 1month lesson/module, which is pretty reasonable compared to other online courses. Also, if you do a search, there are quite a few medical ASL dictionaries and phrasebooks. I know because I am in the medical field and have looked into these things as well.

Good luck!

Thank you for the site. I will definitely check it out. I am definitely looking for some ASL geared towards fire/rescue efforts. I am also looking to just learn the language. We have such a great Deaf community in Frederick, and I would love to be able to adequately communicate when I am there doing EMS standbys at MSD, or just in passing down town.

It is hard to find good resources geared towards emergency medicine, and our firehouse has discussed many times putting together a "class" or whatnot so that everyone is able to at least communicate a little. This is I guess a good place to start.

I personally have been learning ASL via lifeprint.com , which is a great resource. It is slow going, but I really like the language. I put it to use on a call the other day, which was very cool, and considering the high priority of the call, it was SO helpful as the person would not have been able to write to me or anything.

I would love to practice to everyone. My skype name is sheenabonita. This will be fun.

I'm learning ASL and i would like to practice with somebody who is fluent and bilingual.
Please let me know if you are interested.

PM for skype or gchat screen name.

Thank you.

Thank you for the site. I will definitely check it out. I am definitely looking for some ASL geared towards fire/rescue efforts. I am also looking to just learn the language. We have such a great Deaf community in Frederick, and I would love to be able to adequately communicate when I am there doing EMS standbys at MSD, or just in passing down town.

It is hard to find good resources geared towards emergency medicine, and our firehouse has discussed many times putting together a "class" or whatnot so that everyone is able to at least communicate a little. This is I guess a good place to start.

I personally have been learning ASL via lifeprint.com , which is a great resource. It is slow going, but I really like the language. I put it to use on a call the other day, which was very cool, and considering the high priority of the call, it was SO helpful as the person would not have been able to write to me or anything.

You are very welcome.

I use Lifeprint too. Still, I need to find real live signers out there. It is really the most logical next step for me.

You are very welcome.

I use Lifeprint too. Still, I need to find real live signers out there. It is really the most logical next step for me.

Yeah I would have to agree. I have been learning well with lifeprint, but I have found that I can formulate sentences that make sense and all, but I have a real hard time understanding others who are signing to me. I guess I just need to be exposed to it more, but it is frustrating to me.

I need to get back to lifeprint and work with it some more. I have been slacking off.

I am new to asl, but I'd like to talk to someone too, I have skype too. If you add me please let me know this is where you got my sn cause random messages are weird, lol
Sarah.Bertram91109
:wave:

Would love to sign with someone tonight...I'll be on skype all night add me ap1287

Hi Guys,

Have I ever been here to say hi and search for anybody who would like to be my buddy? I don't remember, man! Maybe I should join the group of people who forget things;))) Anyway, I'm from Poland, I learn ASL myself, am a beginner, know about 500 signs and I want to take the exam at ASL in July this year. I have never been able to sign with anybody, so in this matter my knowledge is really limited. So anybody wants ot have a pal in Poland? Let me know please!
Love and peace

Hey everyone, it has been a while since I updated on this. I finally got my web cam, and I am ready to go!! If anyone wants to add me, I am pretty available to skype. Sometimes there might be little feet (my twins and dog) running around, but I am up for it anytime!! kathleen.wilkinson316

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back