Students Looking for ASL buddies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone!
I will be taking ASL 1 in January and am looking for someone to practice with and to get me started. So far, I know the alphabet and numbers. I would like to learn more signs and more of the basics. My skype is Headphones3.

Id be glad to help you practice asl, I am a student too, but I am not sure what kind of ASL or variation you teach baby's not sure if it is the exact same thing or not.

It don't matter, Just learning ASL will help me learn to communicate with others whoa re deaf or hard of hearing and help teach my son new ways to communicate as well.

I am 18(19 as of January) and I am from Texas, plus I'm deaf too. I would like to talk with someone.

Wirelessly posted

hi I'm new here, hearing, and in sore need of someone to help me practice. I'm currently working towards my a.a. degree so that I may transfer to CSUN fall '14. I just put Skype on my kindle fire if anyone would like to pm me to set up a chat time.

I should prolly say that I've been taking classes off and on for about 10 years now, but as the saying goes: "use it or lose it"; I'm trying to use it. Please help.

Hi everyone ... I'm new, and looking for people to sign with on Skype. I've studied for one semester so far; waiting for second to begin in January. I have basic conversation skills down (one thing that was really hard for me to learn is colors! Oof!). I'm not just looking for someone to help me with my signs, but I genuinely want to meet people.

I'm floataloft on Skype. :)

anyone on assist to skype add smithtr I can help you! :) I would be mentor for asl!

I have an android tablet and would to sign with people, but don't know what the best video chat for android is.

OOOH I wanna practice with you!

Hey everyone, If you have Camfrog or oovoo or Facebook or whatever else, I am ff254emt. Look for me. I'll be happy to practice with you!! I need quite a bit of work. Have a great day all!!

You can also email me at emt@rescueteam.com:ty:

-Des

Hi all, my name is Marissa. I'm 21 and somewhat fluent in ASL. If anyone is interested in chatting i'd be up for it. I wanna get to know people before I get on webcam though! :)

Hello everyone, this will be my first post. I am looking to learn ASL to communicate with people. I have a son who is 4 months old who hears fine but I would love to start teaching him ASL. I can't teach him is daddy don't know any :) I understand 6months is a great time to start teaching a Baby and we have another 2 months. ANY help would be great. I am practicing my ABC'S now and looking to learn basic everyday conversation. I am a VERY fast learner. Looking forward to meet a lot of great people. And this goes without saying, Completely deaf, partial whatever, I am open to anyone with the patience to help me.

I can skype pretty much anytime from 5-11pm 7 days a week

Hi, my name is Leslee. I have been learning ASL for about 9 months now. I don't pretend to be intermediate or advanced or anything. I took a couple classes, but the best way to learn is definitely to get out there and chat with people. I have a 16 month old son and i started letting him watch baby einsteins on youtube about 6 months ago. He can do about 5 signs on his own now and he recognizes more than that. I don't usually endorse stuff like this, but its worth it. Here's the link [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1P6IxBSwMc&list=PLmvnIWPBuojUB5Ckn5fiI4tHslk8VnXUx&index=4]Baby Einstein - Learning English - YouTube[/ame]

The first 25 minutes are in English. after that its other languages. Good luck :)

Also, my skype name is siingmii2lyfe. I'm extremely shy and nervous, but i really need the practice. i like to practice with people more advanced than me because it challenges me. if you've got the patience, i'd love to work with you. Add me!

Would like to ask iF any one here can sign in British sign language.

I would like to learn and I think video chat would be great I have Skype if anyone could help me I would very much appreciate it.

Thank you

I'm always willing to practice more =)

I thought about maybe setting up a Google+ Hangout for anyone who might want to try that out. I believe up to 10 people can video chat on there at once, and there's also a text chat in there. It might be interesting to use.

I would love to try that out. Just search for billy riedel and we can start signing.

Here is my Skype name: kimonocrazy. Thanks to anyone who chats with me. I'm avalible tonight, if anyone is interested.

Last edited:
Wirelessly posted

I'm on Skype now, trying to find someone to chat with while I'm waiting on dinner so that maybe we might be able to set up another time to chat.... or maybe to set something for after midnight. I'm pst about 7:30p now.... who wants to chat?

Wirelessly posted

add a 12 at the end. I think I sent you a msg tho a few minutes ago

Thanks. I didn't get a msg from you, but I can't chat tonight, but would love to chat some other time. Again my Skype username is kimonocrazy.

Wirelessly posted

yeah I sent one but I've never used Skype before so I'm kinda learning on the fly. send me one and I'll try to check tmw night

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back