Students Looking for ASL buddies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! Feel free to add my Skype: rainbowseasons
I'm in ASL II at my school and I'm looking for people that can help me become more fluent and help correct my grammar mistakes..c:

Hello, I am 100 percent deaf. In Deaf culture, People think that I am HOH or Hearing because I talk using my voices more than using ASL. I can teach you how to use ASL through facetime, skype or even in person. I am located in CT. PM me for more details.

Hi I'm new to alldeaf and I'm wondering if you're still available to help through Skype before Wednesday

Looking for a signing friend

I haven't posted anything in a long time but I never had a webcam, but now that I do, i'm looking for a friend to sign with, you can be Deaf, HOH, or a student. I would just like someone who is kind of skilled but is willing to just get to know me and have actual conversations, age isn't an issue, nor is anything else.
If you are able to video call at least once a week for a bit (a couple of hours maybe) that'd be awesome. or we can establish the conversation stuff later hahaha.
I use Skype, my screen name is: avrydude
Thanks for reading.
I am a hearing student, sorry forgot to include that. :) thanks bye.
I'll be on almost all day today.

Last edited:
I forgot to put more information about myself. I am 26 and I am a law student. I have been teaching myself ASL but looking for others to practice. I have chatted with a few people from the forums here and so far I have had great experiences. I have been focusing my attention in learning proper ASL grammar as well as slowly increasing my vocabulary. If anyone wants to chat and talk about anything please let me know. I am usually available most of the time when I am not in school. My skype sn is sc24evr have a great day!

Hi, my name is Lauren and I am attempting to learn ASL on my own until I get into a class next semester. I know many signs already (but really want to understand the grammar) because I am a special education teacher and use it with my students with autism who are non-verbal. I would also like to learn more signs that aren't school themed, if ya know what I mean ;) I lost some of my hearing in 3rd grade due to an illness and unbeknownst to me, have been gradually losing it ever since. I got through high school and undergrad without realizing I had a moderate hearing loss in both ears and received hearing aids about a year and a 1/2 ago. Another reason (amongst many) I would like to learn ASL is because my doctors are not sure if I am going to lose more hearing or not and I would like to be prepared and understand ASL now while I'm still young. Would anyone want to be my ASL buddy, perhaps??

*I forgot to mention that I am 26 and am applying for grad school in autism behavior analysis and would love to be able to speak ASL more fluently with my kiddos

Hi, my name is Lauren and I am attempting to learn ASL on my own until I get into a class next semester. I know many signs already (but really want to understand the grammar) because I am a special education teacher and use it with my students with autism who are non-verbal. I would also like to learn more signs that aren't school themed, if ya know what I mean ;) I lost some of my hearing in 3rd grade due to an illness and unbeknownst to me, have been gradually losing it ever since. I got through high school and undergrad without realizing I had a moderate hearing loss in both ears and received hearing aids about a year and a 1/2 ago. Another reason (amongst many) I would like to learn ASL is because my doctors are not sure if I am going to lose more hearing or not and I would like to be prepared and understand ASL now while I'm still young. Would anyone want to be my ASL buddy, perhaps??

*I forgot to mention that I am 26 and am applying for grad school in autism behavior analysis and would love to be able to speak ASL more fluently with my kiddos

hey welcome! I am 26 too. I am hearing and trying to learn more from others as well. Feel free to add me to skype if you want to practice anytime. Look forward to chatting with you. SN:sc24evr

hey welcome! I am 26 too. I am hearing and trying to learn more from others as well. Feel free to add me to skype if you want to practice anytime. Look forward to chatting with you. SN:sc24evr

I'm degrassiwizkid, my name is lauren :) hope to skype soon!!

I will likely be on skype most of the day tomorrow. If anyone wants to chat please hit me up. It's been a while since I got in some good practice. currently working on numbers and money if anyone wants to practice. Have a great night.

I would love to sign or chat with others. I am currently enrolled in ASL 1 at the college I am attending. I am a social work major:) I am required to have a 15 min conversation with a deaf person using ASL. If anyone is willing to be my saving angel please let me know! Thanks so much!:wave:

Hi,
Just started skype -- I'd like to practice. I have about one year of ASL use under my belt, so let's say I'm an advanced newbie :) I'm not fluent, but can converse fairly well.
I think I'm facebook:sherrydeanne maybe? I sign better than I use technology, I promise.

Last edited:
Hi,
Just started skype -- I'd like to practice. I have about one year of ASL use under my belt, so let's say I'm an advanced newbie :) I'm not fluent, but can converse fairly well.
I think I'm facebook:sherrydeanne maybe? I sign better than I use technology, I promise.

Had a great time chatting with you. Message me any time! Thanks

Thank you so much! That was amazingly not awkward :) I'll figure out 'each other' and try to find that sign for winter. Good luck on your exams.

Hi! I am an ASL/Deaf Studies Student....

I would love to practice on someone. I dont have anyone to practice with when I am away from school. I am finishing up my first semester and am a beginner. I can sign some sentences and phrases. Just need to PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE! I would love to regularly practice with someone. We can both get some experience.
feel free to skype message me or email me. My skype name is cingels.
We can work out a time to chat. thanks!

PS- Im a married 30 year old female. :)

Hi, I'm Greg. I'm in the Boulder, CO area.

I'm really new to ASL, and I'm looking for people to help me pick it up!

My Skype's "Victorious.Loser" and my email's Rooftop520@gmail.com, for anyone interested.

Outside of that, if there's anyone in the Boulder area who'd like to meet up, I've got a normal high school kid's schedule, though I've not got a very active social life.

Hi all,
I am hearing, willing to help any new students out and always looking to learn from those more experienced than myself. I have finished 4 years of ASL, entering interpreting courses next semester. I have also been an ASL student teacher for 2 semesters now.

I have signed songs, performed ASL plays, conversed with MANY MANY D/deaf and have many D/deaf friends. I would love to chat with anyone and everyone seeing as though I'm about to lose touch with most of my school signing partners. My skype is matthew.mcgill13

Hiya im Kittie, im currently learning ASL on my own im really new at thiz almost a week of practicing xD but id really love to be able too learn from someone moar experienced. I'm learning purely out of interest so if anyone iz willing to help alil nubbie id be vury grateful! Can message me on here or find me via skype: killer.kittie

Hello everyone, this will be my first post. I am looking to learn ASL to communicate with people. I have a son who is 4 months old who hears fine but I would love to start teaching him ASL. I can't teach him is daddy don't know any :) I understand 6months is a great time to start teaching a Baby and we have another 2 months. ANY help would be great. I am practicing my ABC'S now and looking to learn basic everyday conversation. I am a VERY fast learner. Looking forward to meet a lot of great people. And this goes without saying, Completely deaf, partial whatever, I am open to anyone with the patience to help me.

I can skype pretty much anytime from 5-11pm 7 days a week

Hello everyone, this will be my first post. I am looking to learn ASL to communicate with people. I have a son who is 4 months old who hears fine but I would love to start teaching him ASL. I can't teach him is daddy don't know any :) I understand 6months is a great time to start teaching a Baby and we have another 2 months. ANY help would be great. I am practicing my ABC'S now and looking to learn basic everyday conversation. I am a VERY fast learner. Looking forward to meet a lot of great people. And this goes without saying, Completely deaf, partial whatever, I am open to anyone with the patience to help me.

I can skype pretty much anytime from 5-11pm 7 days a week

Id be glad to help you practice asl, I am a student too, but I am not sure what kind of ASL or variation you teach baby's not sure if it is the exact same thing or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back