Stem Cell research

JesKlu

Reaction score
Hi there
New here, but I have a problem. I've heard quite a bit about this stem cell research that can make hair cells and cure deafness. I am so afraid. I don't want Deaf culture to die. Stupid scientists.

Anyway, what do you think about this stuff?

I am fine with it because life changes, and I am not the type to cling to something. If there are changes, then there are changes. There will always be changes. I am not sure it's healthy to live being afraid because of this. Maybe it won't happen during your lifetime. Who knows?

TiaraPrincess said:
I am fine with it because life changes, and I am not the type to cling to something. If there are changes, then there are changes. There will always be changes. I am not sure it's healthy to live being afraid because of this. Maybe it won't happen during your lifetime. Who knows?

I agree with TiaraPrincess here. Deafness is a disability, and always will be. Not everybody want to stay deaf.

We humans are ment to hear. Only animals like fish are not ment to hear. And Bats are not ment to see. I want stem cell reserach to cure hearing and other dieases like diebetes C-F and other things. I want regrow hair cells for my hearing. I think its a choice no one is making you to hear but PEOPLE WILL JUDGE YOU BECAUSE YOUR DEAF! Its just the way our society is. But ill be damned if i pay my taxes for you to bum around collecting free money while i work in sweat my ass off 8 hours a day. Why should i pay if employers refuse to hire you because your deaf? Im fighting to get my hearing back so i can go back to work and earn money.

JesKlu said:
Hi there
New here, but I have a problem. I've heard quite a bit about this stem cell research that can make hair cells and cure deafness. I am so afraid. I don't want Deaf culture to die. Stupid scientists.

Anyway, what do you think about this stuff?
Don't worry, it will not happen for two reasons: 1) Incompetent Bush does not support the stem cell research at all (even though in California, stem research bill passed) and 2) historically, there is no cure for deafness, blindness, etc. Err, actually there is a third reason: 3) They are looking for wrong solution to solve the deafness. Nothing new about that. That's where Sweden, Denmark and Holland start to realize that they are looking for wrong solutions to solve the cancer and others.. they are shifting their goals recently, we will see the miracle cures from them soon or later.

ravensteve1961 said:
We humans are ment to hear. Only animals like fish are not ment to hear. And Bats are not ment to see. I want stem cell reserach to cure hearing and other dieases like diebetes C-F and other things. I want regrow hair cells for my hearing. I think its a choice no one is making you to hear but PEOPLE WILL JUDGE YOU BECAUSE YOUR DEAF! Its just the way our society is. But ill be damned if i pay my taxes for you to bum around collecting free money while i work in sweat my ass off 8 hours a day. Why should i pay if employers refuse to hire you because your deaf? Im fighting to get my hearing back so i can go back to work and earn money.
If humans are ment to hear, why then does God create the deafness? Why not He remove the 'loopholes' when he created us? In other words, there is a reason for deafness, it is all about acceptance. If you want to define your life based on other people who judged you because of your deafness, I pity you. I truly do. Flash news: No matter what you are or who you are, people WILL judge you. Period. I hope you realize that there are several deafies who became millionaries, are you saying that deafies are the doomed race? ppfftt. I am more pissed off that I and my generations will work their ass off to pay Bush's reckless economy policy. I don't mind to pay the Social Security, I helped other unfortunate people and elders. It is only small tax, it is no big deal. It never did. Anyway let's not bring the specific politic into this topic.

About diseases like diabetes or cancer, there is ALREADY 'cure' for these... I will say again, these idiots are looking for wrong solution to solve these problems. That's all.

Last edited:
Who says that deaf culture will die? If I became hearing, I'd still use sign. I'd still hang out with deafies. :thumb:

My opinion is that if deafness ever become curable. People should be given a choice instead of being forced to take it.

These who has been deaf for so long and some of them may not want to become hearing shouldn't be forced to become one. However, I do believe that if a baby or a child is confirmed to be deaf or HoH, it should be performed on them. However, they still shouldn't force parents to make that choice, it's a parent's choice on deciding to cure deafness or not.

VamPyroX said:
Who says that deaf culture will die? If I became hearing, I'd still use sign. I'd still hang out with deafies. :thumb:

Even if you become cured, you'll still be signing because you're used to it since that's what you've been doing for a long time. People in your generation and younger generations who has been signing their whole lives will continue to do the same.

It's only the newer generations that will rely less on the signing if deafness ever become curable.

Banjo said:
My opinion is that if deafness ever become curable. People should be given a choice instead of being forced to take it.
Agreed.

Well its my money! If i want to give it to the poor i go to a charity house. These democrat politicans just dont get it. They have to lie just to get your vote just like slick willy clinton did. I got news for you liberals your votes arnt even counted anymore. They now rig your votes just to keep republicans in power because american people arent intelligent enough when they enter the polls. For example,,If the people of massachusetts were so intelligent? Whay didnt they vote ted kennedy out of office? You wanna know why they wont vote him out? Because theyre retarded and they dont know any better. You know how the homeless and the poor got money in the old days? Not from the goverment they went to a church and ask the church to feed them and clothe them. Thats they way it should be! Not from the taxpayers.

These who has been deaf for so long and some of them may not want to become hearing shouldn't be forced to become one. However, I do believe that if a baby or a child is confirmed to be deaf or HoH, it should be performed on them. However, they still shouldn't force parents to make that choice, it's a parent's choice on deciding to cure deafness or not.

I agree with Banjo.

Magatsu, Bush isn't going to be here forever, so the approval could change ;). I am not sure if I am for stem cell research because I don't know exactly what it involves. I am only saying that if there were ever a cure in whatever way it is, then I accept the change, and I want to be given a choice. If God want it to happen, then it will. We are not cavemen. We change all the time.

this stem cell research that can make hair cells and cure deafness. I am so afraid. I don't want Deaf culture to die. Stupid scientists.
I doubt that stem cell research will ever produce anything of value in terms of curing disabilties. The profit factor's too high for big business to even THINK about curing disabilties. Yes, stem cell research will help some conditions, but it probaly won't help every condition.

in order to do stem cell research, you need to live embyro's, and that is why bush doesn't support it.

you have to kill what could potentially become a human being, just like you and me.

i believe bush don't want to support it.. because it can lead to cloning a human begin.. which i'm very against in cloning.

You all are afraid of the Deaf community to die. But empowerment is in the ASL community. ASL is now a forgein language. There's an ASL school in NYC.

posts from hell, you seem scary from your interesting avatar and screename :ugh:

Okay, it's up to God what he wants. I think nothing is impossible to happen with God. If God will allow it, it will happen. For now, we have cochlear implants that helps many people who wants it. If you dont' believe CI is from God. That is fine. It's your opinion, but I feel that it is and so do many people. I think it's sad that you depend on the Deaf Community. Sorry, I think it's a tough world being unfair at times. It's the way the world change. I am only happy that the world is more aware of our needs.

Stem cells could be the answer to 50% dieases and illnesses. It could make you hear again or see again. Or it could cure diebetes,Heart problems,Liver Cancer,Lung cancer,Alzheimer's diease and even make you walk again. I think even NASA should work on stem cells in space it might create a whole new medical field.

ravensteve1961 said:
Stem cells could be the answer to 50% dieases and illnesses. It could make you hear again or see again. Or it could cure diebetes,Heart problems,Liver Cancer,Lung cancer,Alzheimer's diease and even make you walk again. I think even NASA should work on stem cells in space it might create a whole new medical field.
or even worse.. clone a human begin :ugh: i just hope they don't do that to create a man-made human begin where there's no mother, father

Back